MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Hey! I'm a pop star!! BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HKRockChick
No More Peas!

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 4:22 pm    Post subject: Coooooooooool Reply with quote

I like the song. I have to admit the vocals are a little muffled sounding, but the background is very clean. But the song itself is very nice - distinctive as usual.

Thats really great - lets see you go to No. 1....

:fg

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Hey! I'm a pop star!! BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Reply with quote

hahahahahaha That's a lovely surprise isn't it Helen!! Congratulations girl!!! :fg

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

Treacle Lilly

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject: Hey! I'm a pop star!! BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Reply with quote

I've started uploading my crappy demos and initial mixes at Soundclick, because I never get any traffic there and I figured I wouldn't get enough listens to chart there.

I checked my stats there this morning...BOY, was I wrong!!!

I never considered myself a pop singer, but jeez!!! And this is just a quick mastered initial demo...with some sloppy singing in the first verse.

Anyway, if you listened, and liked, thank you! :)

Love, Life and Music for the sub-masses

My New CD is out NOW!!

Da Blog

Where I've been lately

Enjoy my Weed files

DreamTone7

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

There's that word "crappy" again. :t

HKRockChick
No More Peas!

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 5:06 pm    Post subject: you're right Reply with quote

its all good! and the vocal and song quality still shines through. There are plenty of well produced but still pretty crappy demos out there!!!!!

:ww

Treacle Lilly

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Hey! I'm a pop star!! BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Reply with quote

Thanks you two!

Debbie, I was trying to tame my infamously harsh midrange when tweaking my vocal files, but I think I went too far. I also have to redo the first verse (off time here and there and plosiving everywhere), but hey! It's all good! :)

You rock, Chris! :D

Dreamtone, you must not have heard my demos! :cute

Edited by: Treacle Lilly at: 5/29/04 18:33
4teetoo

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: you're right Reply with quote

congratulations!

i'm so jealous.

it's great to see ya having success. you deserve it, mama!

woohoo!

.what.would.u.do.if.u.weren't.afraid.

purge.

grasp.

incite.

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: you're right Reply with quote

Shaky, wtf are you doing calling your stuff crappy?

Jesus, - I understand humility, and I despise big egos, but c'mon... - stop putting yourself down, willya?

Bottom line? - I think you have a real good (untrained) voice... - you're also a good songwriter/lyricist....

ack.

Edited by: droolymutt  at: 5/29/04 23:06
Treacle Lilly

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 10:38 pm    Post subject: Re: you're right Reply with quote

Smack, you sly devil you! Thanks!! :gl

Drooly, I'm just being honest. The recordings I've been posting lately would not past muster with any A & R guy or radio dude worth his/her salt, even if they were looking for that uber duber hip "indie" sound. :box

If it makes you feel better, I think I'm a damn fine singer, and a hell of a songwriter. 'k? :t

:bmutant

Not as good as the Wailing Hobos, or Debbie Mannas, but I'm damn well trying! :lol

My New CD is out NOW!!

Da Blog

Where I've been lately

Enjoy my Weed files

HKRockChick
No More Peas!

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 1:40 am    Post subject: WHAT? Reply with quote

are you MAD? Helen, get off it, you're a ton better! Jeez, if I could do the kind of "crappy" demos you did all by myself, I have heaps more stuff on line!

I'll second Drooly!

And now go and say 100 times to the mirror - I rock, I rock, I rock, I rock... heh :D

:ww

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 1:47 am    Post subject: Re: you're right Reply with quote

Quote:
The recordings I've been posting lately would not past muster with any A & R guy or radio dude worth his/her salt, even if they were looking for that uber duber hip "indie" sound.

That may hinge on if you were primarily selling yourself as a producer-engineer, Helen. It's the A&R-producer's job to find the jewels in ruff demo mixes, highlight them and flesh it all out.

As long as it's not presented as the end-product, it shouldn't matter to a producer or A&R person with a good ear. The producers & ARfolks don't make buck$ by passing along the rack-ready finished product; they earn their points in helping to put it all together.

Hey Helen - Good showing at Soundclick - Congrats! You got da talent!

Treacle Lilly

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: you're right Reply with quote

Thank you, kind sir.

I hardly promoted the thing, to be sure. I just went to some production-oriented boards and asked for feedback on how to make this mo' betta. Folks were constructive enough in regards to tips and pointers, and some even said they liked the songs, which made me feel good.

Yeah, well, to call myself an engineer-producer would be, er, delusional at best. :wgrin I'm just a singer-songwriter trying to make my work sound as pro as I can without entering a studio.

I guess if I were looking for a recording contract, and I might consider it at some point this year, should I get the nerve to, I'd try to present what I have as it is, but I'm a little ashamed of doing so (that and my rather advanced age may be held against me. :lol )

Anyway, it was pointed out to me yesterday of my, uh, "close association" with Brian May of Queen. Alas, I've moved up to #7 on that chart today, so that association has gone away. :(

My New CD is out NOW!!

Da Blog

Where I've been lately

Enjoy my Weed files

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: you're right Reply with quote

Oh well that's a nice song and production :)

Somehow sounding British to me :me

Congrats Pop-Star! :D :D :D

MIKE

10 free song uploads||1 free video upload

Treacle Lilly

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: you're right Reply with quote

Thank you Mike.

It still needs some work, but it's nice to know I'm getting closer to a finished product.

I've also put this song up on my page at AL. Spread the luv, and all that...

My New CD is out NOW!!

Da Blog

Where I've been lately

Enjoy my Weed files

Our Religion

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 10:38 pm    Post subject: Re: you're right Reply with quote

Hey, far out, Helen.

Keep on rockin'. :bmutant

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: