MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

What's everyone reading these days?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 4:57 pm    Post subject: What's everyone reading these days? Reply with quote

I bought "The Art of Happiness" by Dalai Lama and I also want to read "Effortless Mastery" by Kenny Werner. Just can't decide which one to read first... I will start one of them in June though - I'm not reading currently as I'm cramming in German in my head in my spare time.....

Last time I asked this question, I bought a book recommended by .smack. called "A course of Miracles" which recommends reading a lesson a day. (and it's a thick book!!)

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: What's everyone reading these days? Reply with quote

chord charts and lyric sheets and tech manuals.

When I get "play time" I read the TV guide, and bulletin boards.

I need to get back into reading books. That's the second most relaxing bedtime activity I've discovered......

NinaGoddess

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: What's everyone reading these days? Reply with quote

ah, the luxury of reading..

:)

Actually nothing right now except from the daily newspaper, mail, boards etc.

I read more books during the winter time for sure.

how are you doing Chris?

- Nina

HatefulMusic
Ears bleeding yet?

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 12:50 am    Post subject: Re: What's everyone reading these days? Reply with quote

Blah Blah. :)

Theo

HatefulMusic.com

Treacle Lilly

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 1:12 am    Post subject: Re: What's everyone reading these days? Reply with quote

The latest issue of Linux Journal. Plus my "A+ Certification for Dummies" book :gl

Love, Life and Music for the sub-masses

My New CD is out NOW!!

Da Blog

Where I've been lately

Enjoy my Weed files

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 2:20 am    Post subject: Re: What's everyone reading these days? Reply with quote

My oh my! There are more ladies then men in this thread!! Tells you something doesn't it? :kiss

Hi Nina!! I'm doing fantastic!! I'm studying German (!!), promoting a band I'm bringing into HK for gigs later this month, playing in 2 bands, running a lingerie business plus I''m involved in a TV/video project hahahahaahahahahaha I bet you wished you hadn't asked!! hahahahaa

THEO!! If you're here constantly, lets continue the Deutsch dialogue!! It was really great for me! Bitte! Bitte! Mehr bitte!

HELEN!! hahahahahahahaha Like me reading my German book all the time - but it works you know, if you immerse yourself in something and keep doing it constantly - the 'AHA' moments come more frequently PLUS you remember the small stuff :banana So you understand Linux? There's the computer nerd inside of me that is so envious and proud of you at the same time!!! :sensational

|Talk Soup |

HKRockChick
No More Peas!

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 2:27 am    Post subject: What I'm reading Reply with quote

my MSc text books... this time its on vocational education and training (VET) in societies and countries. a bit hard going - the third semester. The second one was heaps of fun, it was pure HR, management, motivation, performance management, functional analysis etc etc. This one is pure training.

Drooly you're right, reading is one of my most relaxing past-times, when its for pleasure (picture me now with my yellow highlighter and post-it tags...) I cant wait till this is over and I can indulge in some fun reading.

Chris, have fun!

:gl

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 2:37 am    Post subject: Re: What I'm reading Reply with quote

Debbie - you're studying too! Us girls seem to be learning stuff and the guys seem to be surfing the Net... h ahahahaha

|Talk Soup |

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 3:50 am    Post subject: Re: What I'm reading Reply with quote

Why are you girls studying so hard?

Trying to be Smart like us Men?

Silly Girls.....

Anyways....

It's true that reading a good book in bed before sleep is a very relaxing thing to do..

If it's a good fiction, it takes away the the stress of normal daily life.... and lets you fall asleep in a fun way......

And you have good Dreams, when you fall asleep reading a good book...

And when you wake up in the Morning after having Good Dreams?.. - the World is a better Place....

So There...!

:)

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 4:55 am    Post subject: Re: What's everyone reading these days? Reply with quote

Quote:
"The Art of Happiness" by Dalai Lama

Hello, Dalai,

Well Hello, Dalai,

It's so nice to have you back where you belong

You're looking swell, Dalai,

We can tell, Dalai,

You're still glowin', you're still crowin'

You're still goin' strong.

Well, the recent AR-talk hereabouts has my re-looking at his first book, "Unlimited Power" - you know, taking in some parts that didn't catch my attention as much before.

Also on my reading table at present:

"The Sane Society" by Erich Fromm

"Three Novels" by D. H. Lawrence

and

"History Of Painting" by Sister Wendy Beckett.

NinaGoddess

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 5:41 am    Post subject: Re: What's everyone reading these days? Reply with quote

Quote:
Hi Nina!! I'm doing fantastic!! I'm studying German (!!), promoting a band I'm bringing into HK for gigs later this month, playing in 2 bands, running a lingerie business plus I''m involved in a TV/video project hahahahaahahahahaha I bet you wished you hadn't asked!! hahahahaa

Chris: well that sounds great, good for you!

I was genuinely interested in how you did, you know.

lloking forward to hear about the TV/Video project.

I studied german in school so that's pretty much enough for me. heh. :)

It's good to learn a new language though, I should try Spanish or something..

- Nina

:we

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 7:49 am    Post subject: Re: What's everyone reading these days? Reply with quote

Hey Nina! Yes I will tell more when I know more myself - they want me to have a regular presenter spot on the show - just a five minutes slot so not too much for me to do! wooooooohooooooooooooooo

I also studied German at school AND French - I didn't like French very much. I've never had a desire to learn Spanish! I have friends who are learning it and other friends learning Italian! Today is a good time to learn as any day in the future!! :boink Very cool to see you here btw!!

RON! hahahaha Unlimited Power? You know I've not yet finished that book! hahahahahahaha I like listening to his CDs very much. I guess it's cause I'm an audio-lly stimulated person....

|Talk Soup |

ilikepie2

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: What's everyone reading these days? Reply with quote

art of happiness is a fantastic book. i hope you love it chris.

i'm reading several books now all in that vein actually.

The Autobiography of a Tibetan Monk

Search for the Panchen Lama

and a third whose title i forget but it's about another tibetan monk.

(see a trend here?)

just for curiosity, can those of you in China get these books about tibetan monks? they tell a lot about what china did and is doing to tibetans and tibet. i am just curious if you all can even get them there? maybe in these days of internet and all you could but i wonder. it's just a question, i have no political or any other agenda.

Bud Bennett

homepage :

stained glass :

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: What's everyone reading these days? Reply with quote

Quote:
You know I've not yet finished that book! hahahahahahaha I like listening to his CDs very much. I guess it's cause I'm an audio-lly stimulated person

Me too, except I opt for casettes instead of CDs.

There are some books - like UnLtd Power - that lend themselves well to a breaking down where you extropolate different things at different times. Kinda like a reference book.

Also, I just enjoy re-reading good books anyway, mixing in a newer one into the book "rotation".

When I read it's processed auditorily, as if the person where speaking. If I know the writers' speech pattern, that's the "voice" to which I match the words.

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: What's everyone reading these days? Reply with quote

hahaha Bud!! I see a pattern!! Great selection btw!!!

Hey Ron - you like CDs or only use cassettes? Can you email me?

|Talk Soup |

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: