MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Remember the Nepalese man I suggested you could write letter

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 1:26 am    Post subject: Remember the Nepalese man I suggested you could write letter Reply with quote

Jjubhai Maharjan has been released. He claims to have been treated well during his detention and thanks Amnesty International for the work done on his behalf.

Thank you to all who sent appeals

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 3:02 am    Post subject: Re: Remember the Nepalese man I suggested you could write le Reply with quote

That's great to hear, Chris!

It's wonderful how the internet can make a difference. It's one thing if some group like AI complains, it can be brushed off. But word gets around, all kinds of people in democracies can email, write, phone their representives and others, making something too public to be forgotten or swept under the rug!

I hope this fellow lives a good, peaceful and long healthy life.

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 7:27 am    Post subject: Re: Remember the Nepalese man I suggested you could write le Reply with quote

Yeah it is great news Ron! People need to know that what they do DOES make a difference!! woooooooooohoooooooo

Nepal is one of those countries I've had many opportunities to visit but never have and now it's very near the top of my MUST VISIT countries. Friends have told me standing within the Himalayas is the most amazing feeling and vista in the world that a film or photos will never capture. We have many Nepalese working in Hong Kong and they are lovely and friendly people.

|Talk Soup |

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Remember the Nepalese man I suggested you could write le Reply with quote

Hey Chris...climb the highest mountain on Earth, Everest, while your there...it's not to bad on the pocketbook... :lol

HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO CLIMB EVEREST??

:bigeyes

Oh Wait...not the highest mountain on Earth... :D

Quote:

If Mauna Kea's height is measured from its base (18,000 feet below sea level), it surpasses even Mount Everest, and is the world's highest mountain (31,796 ft.).

MAUNA KEA

:bcool

Edited by: Seismic Anamoly  at: 5/8/04 8:53 pm
bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 3:34 am    Post subject: Re: Remember the Nepalese man I suggested you could write le Reply with quote

I don't think I want to summit Everest Seismic!! I do want to reach base camp though! A lot of people have done that! It takes about 10 days I believe. And is breathtaking! My brother Clif has been to Nepal and to base camp - he's actually very much into Everest. I'll point him to this thread!! Thank you for that link Seismic!! :kizz

|Talk Soup |

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 6:20 am    Post subject: Re: Remember the Nepalese man I suggested you could write le Reply with quote

If you're not up to Everest, Chris, you could try the highest mountain in the US (excluding Alaska & Hawaii), which would be "Pike's Peak" in Colorado. And nearby there's a place called "The Garden Of The Gods" that's totally other-worldly due it's towering, fantasic rock formations. It's an amazing place to explore!

Here's the general area of the Garden of the Gods -

Pike's Peak - seen through a hole in a rock formation there named "The Siamese Twins" -

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 7:58 am    Post subject: Re: Remember the Nepalese man I suggested you could write le Reply with quote

WOW! Ron! The place looks STUNNING!! Have you been there yourself? Where's Colorado? I've been to Arizona's Grand Canyon!! hahahahaa :banana

|Talk Soup |

ilikepie2

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Remember the Nepalese man I suggested you could write le Reply with quote

i don't travel but nepal is one of the few places i will see before (or after) i die. i always dreamt of tibet too but i guess that's all but a memory now. dharamsala is the other place i hope to visit before i die, but only to see the dalai lama- hey maybe he'll come eat dinner at my house though so i won't have to go to dharamsala (i did invite him in a letter).

Bud Bennett

homepage :

stained glass :

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Remember the Nepalese man I suggested you could write le Reply with quote

Quote:
Have you been there yourself?

Yes - it's an amazing place, looks almost as if you stepped unto the terrain of another planet!

Where's
Quote:
Colorado? I've been to Arizona's Grand Canyon!!

The Grand Canyon runs thru several states, Chris. Colorado (CO) is northeast of Arizona, they share a border. In fact 4 states meet at that same point and so it's called the "Four Corners". HERE is a map of that area.

And here's someones' interesting Geocities pages with pics about "The Garden Of The Gods".

Those Magnificent Rocks

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Remember the Nepalese man I suggested you could write le Reply with quote

I was in Arizona hahahahaha Flew via helicopter when we moved to Vegas for awhile!! hahahahaha

BUD! I've heard great stories from friends who've also been to Darammasala (forgot the spelling...) I've not had much desire to visit India although the stories of Bombay sound fascinating!!! It's Nepal first for me!

|Talk Soup |

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: