MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

What's the worst song of all time?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:58 pm    Post subject: What's the worst song of all time? Reply with quote

Quote:
For Blender, it's 'We Built This City'

CNN, Wednesday, April 21, 2004 Posted: 1242 GMT (2042 HKT)

NEW YORK (AP) -- Starship may have built this city on rock and roll, but Blender magazine is tearing it down, naming the band's "We Built This City" as the worst song ever.

Some tunes on the "50 Worst Songs Ever!" list were selected for their melodies, others "are wretchedly performed" and "quite a few don't make sense whatsoever," the magazine said.

The list, which appears in the May issue, includes songs by New Kids on the Block, Meat Loaf, The Doors, Lionel Richie, Hammer and The Beach Boys, among others.

Blender describes 1985's "We Built This City" as "the truly horrible sound of a band taking the corporate dollar while sneering at those who take the corporate dollar."

Starship lead singer Grace Slick says, "This is not me," when the magazine reminds her of the tune. "Now you're an actor. It's the same as Meryl Streep playing Joan of Arc."

Rounding out the top 10: "Achy Breaky Heart," Billy Ray Cyrus; "Everybody Have Fun Tonight" Wang Chung; "Rollin'," Limp Bizkit; "Ice Ice Baby," Vanilla Ice; "The Heart of Rock & Roll," Huey Lewis and the News; "Don't Worry Be Happy," Bobby McFerrin; "Party All the Time," Eddie Murphy; "American Life," Madonna; and "Ebony and Ivory," Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder.

Other songs on the list: Toby Keith's "Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue" (No. 22); Whitney Houston's "Greatest Love of All" (No. 30); Ricky Martin's "She Bangs" (No. 39); Billy Joel's "We Didn't Start the Fire" (No. 41); Simon & Garfunkel's "The Sounds of Silence" (No. 42); The Beatles' "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da" (No. 48) ; and Celine Dion's "My Heart Will Go On" (No. 50).

Blender and VH1's TV special "50 Most Awesomely Bad Songs ... Ever" airs May 12.

:bigeyes :wtf :bday

MIKE

10 free song uploads||1 free video upload

Rev9Volts

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: What's the worst song of all time? Reply with quote

there have been so many "bad songs" it is hard to limit it to 50. :lol first i say count up the number of celine diions songs and add 50 to it as she drives me crazy.

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: What's the worst song of all time? Reply with quote

:D :D :D

According to Mark Hewer, the list has to be extended:

(quote taken from another board :) )

Quote:
"and ....I... ee I... ee I...Will Always...

Love Yooooooooooouuuuuuuu" arrrrrrgh by Whitney Houston!

That song makes me want to run over the radio with my lawn

mower! LOL

LOL :D :D :D

DreamTone7

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 12:44 am    Post subject: re Reply with quote

"Inna Godda de Via"...or something like that. There isn't one thing about that song that doesn't make me want to puke...don't know why. :b

HatefulMusic
Ears bleeding yet?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 4:07 am    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

HAHA! I love that song. I have the 17 minute version on LP. :)

Theo

HatefulMusic.com

Galmin
The King has spoken!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: What's the worst song of all time? Reply with quote

Quote:
first i say count up the number of celine diions songs and add 50 to it as she drives me crazy.

This inspires me for a candidate:

Shakin' Stevens! -- 'You Drive Me Crazy'.

ilikepie2

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: What's the worst song of all time? Reply with quote

maneater by hall and oates always makes me want to puke. that damn bassline gets in my head and refuses to leave.

Bud Bennett

homepage :

stained glass :

JPzBeenjamin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: What's the worst song of all time? Reply with quote

So many good ones to hate :warrior

But I could never get behind "We are Devo" :rant

:racing

HatefulMusic
Ears bleeding yet?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: What's the worst song of all time? Reply with quote

"Let It Be" and "Hey, Jude" get my vote. Booooooooooo-ring. And they just drag on forever. The same with "Layla" with that 3 minute repetitious outro.

Theo

HatefulMusic.com

clone9

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: What's the worst song of all time? Reply with quote

normally i would never recommend any1 listen 2 a FarT but basically anything he has ever done could easily qualify for this title

I really don't believe he's a doctor. I think he gave a fake name of a doctor that he found online. HA HA HA HO

HKRockChick
No More Peas!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 11:46 am    Post subject: I've developed an allergy Reply with quote

to Sweet Home Alabama.

If you were on stage during solos by the harmonica player, the bass player, the guitar player, the harmonica player's son (another harmonica player), the drummer, all in all over 15 minutes of excruciating boredom (not to mention agony in high heels), you'd understand why. arrrrrrrrrgh.

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 3:39 am    Post subject: Re: I've developed an allergy Reply with quote

hahahhaa What I think generally that what we think are bad songs reflect more about our personalities than the songs hahahaha

Read back the list up above and you'll see what I mean.

I have to say that I have an allergy to Bob Marley !! When you've backpacked all over Asia and it seems there's always some guy and some cafe in every town you go to, that has Bob Marley posters and wanna-be-Rastafarians sitting in them. And having listened to "No woman no cry" constantly - I've realised that I prefer variety in my musical life. I like some of the techno-reggae that I've heard so I realised it was just Bob Marley that gets on my tits. hahahaha I do know that he moves others and that's beautiful.

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

HatefulMusic
Ears bleeding yet?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 3:57 am    Post subject: Re: I've developed an allergy Reply with quote

[quote]Bob Marley that gets on my tits[/quote]

lucky bastard....

Theo

HatefulMusic.com

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: I've developed an allergy Reply with quote

Quote:
What I think generally that what we think are bad songs reflect more about our personalities than the songs hahahaha

Hmmmm...I think you may on to something there, Chris. It's like how in the "Passion Of Christ" movie question - people's takes on the film often seemed to reflect a pre-existing concern, value, perspective, etc.

Quote:
I have to say that I have an allergy to Bob Marley !! When you've backpacked all over Asia and it seems there's always some guy and some cafe in every town you go to, that has Bob Marley posters and wanna-be-Rastafarians sitting in them. And having listened to "No woman no cry" constantly - I've realised that I prefer variety in my musical life.

Which brings up a like point - association of music with an experience(s). I think this is pretty common - as when a couple has "our song". My theory (based partly on gleanings re: NLP & some of AR's material) is that musicians are even more inclined to make the audio-experience association than does the general public. I know that in every year/time period of my life - as far back as I can remember - I have an "internal soundtrack" that comes to mind right away.

But on the topic:

Worse song? Ooooh - there's way too many to choose from that it boggles the mind to come up with one. I know my own worst song, though, hahahaha!! (and even that is from a wide selection of stinkers) Copped the main chord pattern from Arlo Guthrie to accompany some (intentionally) dopey lyrics.

:hicks

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: I've developed an allergy Reply with quote

Interesting point Ron. I can thoroughly understand why musicians would create more associations - we're definitely auditorially stimulated!!

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: