MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Why did you become a Musician.....?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 6:21 pm    Post subject: Why did you become a Musician.....? Reply with quote

ok.

I'll start.

Main reason? - I couldn't help it. Even as a child, Music communicated more to me than my Eyes....

Second reason? - When I was around 14, I learned that guitar players get the hottest Chicks.

ok.

Your turn.

:)

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Why did you become a Musician.....? Reply with quote

Well, Drooly, as a young lad of 12 years or so, I noticed how that a guy playing guitar seemed to attract girls....

AQUARIAN AGE
Austrian Peacekeeper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Why did you become a Musician.....? Reply with quote

1. I was born as one. CouldnĀ“t talk but conducted Mozart (the radio!)

2. See what the guys above said!

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Why did you become a Musician.....? Reply with quote

my friends were into evil guy who jumped buses on a motorbike (cant spell his last name!! :lol ) .......... I was into wrecking my dads "hi-fi" turntable...... experimenting with music..... He then got me guitar lessons at the age of 11... I had 3 of them and packed it in......... Its been a bit of a blur since then!! :)

Paul

NEW : RHYTHM CALLED LOVE Video

Down And Dirty Video : BITCH Video : LOOK AT ME Video

Business As Usual . com

Ampcast

Soundclick

Moonfruit

Free Audio Player

PANick11

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 3:10 am    Post subject: Re: Why did you become a Musician.....? Reply with quote

My dad bought me my own radio in 1968 and I went to my room and turned it on...

and I was in wonderland...

You could turn the dial and you never new what you might find...it was like a portal to the whole world..

and I had the kind of mind (lots of kids do) that would memorize very quickly and I was singing and humming and banging on things ....

and falling in love with the sound of the electric guitar..

man...the radio in the late 60s and early 70s was sooooo cool...

talk radio....

drama series..

and FANTASTIC music..

it was all very new and cool...

My sister had a little record player and a GUITAR!!..a cheezy accoustic, but it was a guitar and I coveted it dearly...

i'd sneak into her room and play it a bit..but it was a tricky thing because she always left things 'just so' so she could tell if somone had been in there..

i'd have to analyze the situation..look at exactly how things were place and such..HA HA HA!!

she seldom caught on..

anyway...in...I guess 1974 or 75 I got my own guitar..

and in the late 70s we got a piano..

and I've never stopped playing....

I love the electric guitar..

so much..

Electric guitars are the greatest invention of the past century,

really..

maybe one of the greatest inventions in all of human history.

HUH?

Les paul is a god.....

PANick

Edited by: PANick11 at: 4/13/04 4:12 am
droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 4:47 am    Post subject: Re: Why did you become a Musician.....? Reply with quote

PANick?

Did you ever receive that lipstick-kissed mirror that Chris owes you for winning the Cantonese Guitar Competition?

?

PANick11

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 5:14 am    Post subject: Re: Why did you become a Musician.....? Reply with quote

no, she flew out here to Nuevo Mexico and gave me a real kiss!!!

:kizz

(on the cheek, strictly plutonic of course...though my blood preasure has yet to stabilize)

I wasn't supposed to tell anyone....

didn't want to start another fight...

huh?

PANick

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 6:37 am    Post subject: Re: Why did you become a Musician.....? Reply with quote

PANick! I have the mirror!! The lipstick is chosen!! Just haven't had the right dress - I guess I'll have to do it naked.... Thanks Drooly for reminding a bad girl!

And why did I become a musician? It was in my blood. I picked up a guitar at 10 years of age and took lessons. I wanted to write songs and change the world. My Mum tells me that we had a fire alarm and we had only time to grab one thing before we left our flat - I grabbed my acoustic guitar - she grabbed me & my brother :wgrin and I was only 10..... I LOVE guitars. I wish I was heaps better at playing - but I don't make enough time to better myself. I once learnt guitar licks from a player with no thumb on his left hand (he used it to his advantage!) and now Chris W is giving me tips....

I feel alive when music is created around me.

Another reason I'm a musician is I'm a born performer....

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

DreamTone7

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 11:23 am    Post subject: re Reply with quote

I've always thought of music as a friend...ever since I was at least 5...probably younger. Listening to my parents Nat King Cole and Harry Belafonte, and my aunts Beatles records...and Peter, Paul & Mary. I could always turn on the radio and there it was. I used to go to sleep by it every night for the longest time...but never actually thought about playing it myself.

Then, the chick thing kicked in...yeah, the guitar-player gets all the chicks...but I think in those days it was actually the drummer that did. When the youth was over, I kept going with the instrument because I found it a source of creative outlet...with the goal of being able to someday play all the music I can hear in my head. So, here I am still at it. It no longer really has anything to do with performing and chicks...but it's still an important part of my life.

Hope this was not too boring for all you younguns. ;)

HKRockChick
No More Peas!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:00 pm    Post subject: oooooo Reply with quote

I've been singing and performing since I was 4. Won tons of singing competitions right through school and college for best vocalist, sang in a classical choir for many years (yes, first soprano singing Handels Hallelujah Chorous, can you imagine - till I started smoking... ugh), starred in the Indian version of starlight express (yess, on roller skates), was in the first all girl band in Bangalore, and generally had a blast till I came to HK, when I didnt sing for a long long while. Oh I also got my guitar when I was 11, got some books and taught myself to play. I used to play accoustic and sing solo (and won a few prizes that way too), but since I prefer to let someone else play for me, I've kind of let the guitar playing fall by the wayside. I still play guitar for church and that, but its mediocre at best. I also used to debate and act a lot, so I do a few musicals now and then too.

I'm happiest when I'm singing and performing. Truly truly happy. I don't do it for effect or anything, its a form of self expression thats irreplaceable.

I wish I had the courage to do this for a living. But I'd hate to be a struggling artist.

:ww

:gl

HatefulMusic
Ears bleeding yet?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: oooooo Reply with quote

Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time. And it's still fun.

Theo

HatefulMusic.com

4teetoo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: oooooo Reply with quote

music has always been a security blanket for me.

when i was four years old, i whined until my mother bought me tommy james and the shondells' greatest hits album.

from the time i can remember, i had portable music machines. first was a transistor radio that i carried everywhere, and then i got a battery-operated portable record player, and i would stuff my pockets full of 45's and play records while everyone else played games. later on, i got an 8-track player that was shaped like a dynamite box, where you changed the tracks like you were pushing down the handle and setting off the dynamite. i moved on to a series of huge boom boxes that i strapped over my shoulder. i was never without one.

when i was a kid, i would go to my mom and dad's turntable and use my finger to slow down and speed up records. my favorite thing was slowing them down so much that everything was so low pitched that it sounded like hell itself, and the snare drums were like huge low-pitched explosions. playing them backwards was great, too.

i drove my mother nuts banging drumsticks on my mattress. i played records and tapes until they were worn out.

i think the greatest influence on my current music was the playing of the records really really slow. it was so surreal. i always wanted to hear bizarre music like that, and no one seemed to make it, so i had it in my head until i got a pc, and i've been trying to innovate and make odd-sounding noise/music ever since. i try to make music that i think is missing from the world, and that i love to hear, myself.

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: oooooo Reply with quote

ahhhhh.........

Some lovely, charming stories here.....

I just realized I've been smiling for 5 minutes straight.....

more, Please......

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 12:11 am    Post subject: Re: oooooo Reply with quote

Drooly, my "story" was abbreviated just to note the original motivation - girls! But it's true, lol - you & I are pretty much contemporaries, so you can probably recall how the lasses in early gradeschool talked about those four guys from Liverpool that had all the other girl's screaming! :h

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:57 am    Post subject: Re: oooooo Reply with quote

Keep them coming! What lovely stories to hear. :banana

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: