MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Name any Famous people you've had in your audience!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 3:36 pm    Post subject: Name any Famous people you've had in your audience! Reply with quote

Eric Cantona (Man U footballer who retired a few years ago) came to our gig on Friday, and someone asked me at lunch today if he was the most famous person I've gigged in front of. Shaun & I were laughing our heads off when we realised Bob Geldof watched a Sisters set and then watched Shaun DRUM with another band hahahahhaa I actually think Bob Geldof's the most famous person I've gigged in front of. Whenever I tell older people they go "'LiveAid' what a great thing" or I never liked the Boomtown Rats :wgrin

Tell me your experience!

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

LarreeMP3

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Name any Famous people you've had in your audience! Reply with quote

Living in Hollywood, everyone I play for is famous!

HAHAHAHAHA

Click here to listen to three decades of original Larree music!

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 5:57 am    Post subject: Re: Name any Famous people you've had in your audience! Reply with quote

hahahahaha So does that mean Ash Ferry and OBN?

|Talk Soup |

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 6:59 am    Post subject: Re: Name any Famous people you've had in your audience! Reply with quote

Paul McCartney.

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 7:05 am    Post subject: Re: Name any Famous people you've had in your audience! Reply with quote

Eric Clapton.

sethr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Name any Famous people you've had in your audience! Reply with quote

Does it count if we opned for them and they had to be there anyway?

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Name any Famous people you've had in your audience! Reply with quote

Droolymutt - you had Eric Clapton in your audience??? And paul Mcartney? Have you got photos of them in your audience? Sisters used the Bob Geldof thing for ages, since it was well-publicised in the local press that he watched us. Tell us the stories!

Hey Seth, I don't know really, were they in your audience or were they back stage waiting to jump on stage?? What does everyone else think??

|Talk Soup |

ilikepie2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Name any Famous people you've had in your audience! Reply with quote

i work in a library at a university and once we had an author, clyde edgerton (floatplane notebooks, walking across egypt and many others) come for a reading (he's regionally famous if nothing else). he plays banjo and asked if the university could provide a banjo for him to play as part of his reading. so they volunteered me and i brought mine and had it all set up etc. well it turned out he brought his anyway and so he decided it'd be fun to have me play with him during it, so i did. it was fun and the university videotaped it and it's part of the university archives now. sort of a mild thrill i guess for me as i really like his books. it was a packed house too, so that was cool, playing in front of several hundred people with a guy i like and respect.

Bud Bennett

homepage :

stained glass :

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Name any Famous people you've had in your audience! Reply with quote

I can totally understand why you'd be entralled Bud. ANd your university recorded it? And it's part of the archives??? THat's fantastic!! I'd love to have one of my favourite authors at one of our gigs....

Actually, I tend to know the local celebrities better than world-famous ones and actually we've had Anthony Wong Chau Sung (local actor) boogieing to TOL and locals are WAY more impressed that he's been to our gig than any famous Westerners hahahahhahaha (Except maybe if Princess Di had been to a Sisters concert)

|Talk Soup |

HatefulMusic
Ears bleeding yet?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Name any Famous people you've had in your audience! Reply with quote

I read a poem and played guitar at a "Poetry Slam" with Arthur Brown, as in "The Crazy World of...", in the audience before he got up and read a couple poems. Whom I guess most of the young'uns around hear have never heard of. :-) He even autographed my axe after the show.

"I am the God of HellFire!"

Theo

HatefulMusic.com

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Name any Famous people you've had in your audience! Reply with quote

Where does "I'm the GOD of Hellfire" come from Theo?? And ahem - I must be a youngun here cause I don't know who you mean either....

|Talk Soup |

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Name any Famous people you've had in your audience! Reply with quote

Alan Clark, Keyboard player, Dire Straits . :)

Paul

NEW : Down And Dirty Video : BITCH Video : LOOK AT ME Video

Business As Usual . com

Ampcast

Soundclick

Moonfruit

Free Audio Player

HatefulMusic
Ears bleeding yet?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 2:29 am    Post subject: Re: Name any Famous people you've had in your audience! Reply with quote

HAHA!

:ft "I am the God of Hellfire" is the opening line from Fire by The Crazy World of Arthur Brown -- a one-hit wonder band from the late 60's and 70's. He used to wear a "fire helmet" that made it look like his hair was on fire.:fd The Who did a really good cover of that song on Pete Townshend's "The Iron Man" album.

Here's a clip: www.alphamusic.de/clip/6585046/10.mp3

Arthur Brown's 2nd claim to fame is that he was also Sting's schoolmaster.

Ok, fine. So I'm old. :h

Theo

HatefulMusic.com

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 4:02 am    Post subject: Re: Name any Famous people you've had in your audience! Reply with quote

Old but sexy

|Talk Soup |

HatefulMusic
Ears bleeding yet?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Name any Famous people you've had in your audience! Reply with quote

:merci

Theo

HatefulMusic.com

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: