MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Flashdance singer/songwriter
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShandiSinnamon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 7:47 pm    Post subject: Flashdance singer/songwriter Reply with quote

Hi there, I wrote and sang "He's A Dream" in the film Flashdance. I have written and performed songs for ten other films, most recently Disney's "Tower of Terror". I have a web site which shares my music and I tell stories about being a touring background singer with Todd Rundgren, Hoyt Axton and French legend Johnny Hallyday. Please visit my site at shandi.org and give me feedback or questions. Thanks, shandi @ www.shandi.org

Edited by: ShandiSinnamon at: 3/12/04 4:09 am
RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 1:03 am    Post subject: Re: Flashdance singer/songwriter Reply with quote

Hello Shandi -

Is this just a "passing thru promo" - if not, welcome to "Blah Blah", where you'll find lots of great folks and excellent indie musicians to greet & meet. (Plus, we don't even mind if a newcomer is a Grammy winner! :) )

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 2:09 am    Post subject: Re: Flashdance singer/songwriter Reply with quote

WOW! She won a Grammy! She does say even though winning a Grammy did not help my career at all

How cool! Here she is accepting a Grammy!

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

ShandiSinnamon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:58 am    Post subject: Re: Flashdance singer/songwriter Reply with quote

thanks for taking a look! shandi

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: Flashdance singer/songwriter Reply with quote

Shandi!! How wonderful of you to come back! Thankyou.

Tell us more about yourself. I read that you're releasing a more folk rock type album. Who have you been working with for this album? Any inspiration behind it?

And any advice for some of our budding songwriters who frequent this blah blah board?

|Talk Soup |

yidneth
A Spanish Fairytale

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:15 am    Post subject: hi, welcome Reply with quote

wow!

i'm impressed :)

you're very welcomed, :)

ShandiSinnamon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: hi, welcome Reply with quote

I've been a published songwriter for many years so I do believe I have advise, I would love to respond to a specific question. untill then my first thoughts are to write what you feel and what you know, take inspiration from what is happening to you , around you , and in the news, and above all don't try and blend in or keep up with trends - be original- for the new CD have have really gone back to my roots of early Bob Dylan and Joan Baez and there are two protest songs.

Thanks for asking

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: hi, welcome Reply with quote

That's cool that you come back to reply, Shandi...

So you write, also?

That's my favourite part about getting to know another musician... - hearing their original stuff....

yidneth
A Spanish Fairytale

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: hi, welcome Reply with quote

thanks darling

questions

i'm a struggling beginner,

could have so many ones

but so far i try to fight not to discourage :)

Pris

HKRockChick
No More Peas!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 3:29 am    Post subject: two protest songs? Reply with quote

welcome Shandi. Joan Baez is one of my favourite singers! I also like protest songs... I hope the album does well.

Like Pris, I'm a songwriting beginner too. I tend to write more social commentary/protest songs than love songs, not always a favourite topic with everyone. Sigh.

:ww

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 3:41 am    Post subject: Re: hi, welcome Reply with quote

Hi Shandi! Great advice! Thank you.

Two protest songs? What are you protesting about? What are the other songs on your album about? Do you write the lyrics first or the music first?

I've written 'protest' songs but more about environmental-abuse, animal-abuse, womens rights and pollution. However I like to write songs about feelings, love, relationships etc. I've written and performed over 50 songs so far. What I do notice is they are getting better. :wgrin

|Talk Soup |

ShandiSinnamon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 4:05 am    Post subject: Re:protest songs Reply with quote

one is about a tragic maim, murder, suicide that happened right next door to my house called “The Girl Next Door” it's a protest against violent neurotic love and the other is about a rash of early morning swat team confrontations that have happened in my neighborhood called “Dynamic Entry” these are violent 5am busts with paddy wagons, dogs, and helicopters and what were they looking for? Pot plants. I am against hard drugs but really believe that pot should be legalized and taxed and that hemp should be grown for paper, food, fuel, and textiles. Having never married or had children there is a biographical one called “Lone Cowgirl” and a complete opposite lament about not having a lover called “Sad Song” to name a few. There are ten songs altogether. I begin recording March 13th this sunday and hope to have the CD finished in a month

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 5:45 am    Post subject: Re: Flashdance singer/songwriter Reply with quote

Thanks for dropping by again, Shandi! :D

I know your experiences could give some fine insight in many of the areas folks here discuss re:music.

The folks who designed your site did a super job, looks quite nice! :yo And I always appreciate it when a start page has a "non-flash" option so I go right to the "meat" of the site!

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Flashdance singer/songwriter Reply with quote

Oh, forgot to mention, Shandi! Feel free to do shameless self-promotion :) of any new tunes, tours, etc. We do that here to help spread the good word for one another. And your input on other's shameless self-promos of new tunes is welcomed!

:ww

Ron

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: Re:protest songs Reply with quote

Shandi, your songs sound very interesting. I would love to hear them. Please keep us updated with the recordings and let us know when your album is available. Do you have any of your previous music online?

|Talk Soup |

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: