MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

I'm on the next flight out...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:24 pm    Post subject: I'm on the next flight out... Reply with quote

My good friend Rachel Nusbaumer sent me this picture of the view from near her place of residence amongst the Swiss Alps...and some people say there is no God?? Look at this...

:aw

Wow!! I'm outta here!! Holla at ya when I get there!!

:sensational

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:58 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm on the next flight out... Reply with quote

have a good trip ses!!! :)

Paul

NEW : Down And Dirty Video : BITCH Video : LOOK AT ME Video

Business As Usual . com

Ampcast

Soundclick

Moonfruit

Free Audio Player

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:08 am    Post subject: Re: I'm on the next flight out... Reply with quote

Very moody picture! :) :merci

You're kidding??? :bigeyes

A flight to Switzerland, for real???

No kidding???

It's 4 to 6 hours by car from anywhere in Switzerland

to my city!!!! :bday

But I understand you.... the Swiss Alps... this IS something special! Here are some of my favorite places!

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 2:42 am    Post subject: Re: I'm on the next flight out... Reply with quote

WOW What a stunning photo Seismic!! Like a painting!!

And lovely photos from Mike B too.

One day I'll have to visit The Alps and Switzerland.

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

HKRockChick
No More Peas!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 3:09 am    Post subject: my dream home Reply with quote

is a cottage by a stream in the mountains... it will be well insulated of course, but I want a Snow-White and the seven dwarfs cottage, with the log staircase and everything... I'm thinking in New Zealand or Australia... not sure whether I can deal with the extreme weather in the Swiss Alps, but I'd LOVE to holiday there. Anyone read the book Heidi?

I'm a real sucker for hills, streams, mountains, lakes. Hot beaches have never been my thing.

Someday. sigh.

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: my dream home Reply with quote

That sounds lovely Debbie!!

I have TWO dream homes!

1. A big 2 storey wooden house by a beach - anywhere like Maldives etc. Wooden decor. 1 minute walk to beach. Seaview. Lots of palm trees and tropical vegetation. Big kitchen. Master bedroom that looks onto the sea.

2. A big mansion somewhere like Scotland with lots of land. Inside garden observatory. Giant kitchen. Ensuite bathrooms and real fireplaces. VERY WELL INSULATED!!! Beautifully landscaped gardens. A seperate smaller house on the estate will have my recording studio and I'll employ a full-time engineer. ANd maybe a cottage for our gardener to live in too! :wgrin

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

HKRockChick
No More Peas!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:20 pm    Post subject: wheeeeeeeeee Reply with quote

isnt that cool? I also want lotsa n lotsa land. My dream cottage is for when I retire and dont want the bother of city life any more.

In the near future, I'd like a home large enough to house my own fully equipped gym with cross-trainer, weights, a-bench, resistance machines, DVD player for aerobic DVDs etc etc. I find a personal trainer too much of an infringement and I can read just as well as the next person, so dont want one. But I do want my own chauffeur...

All this because Seismo posted a picture of the Swiss Alps??????????????? heh

:ww

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: wheeeeeeeeee Reply with quote

Quote:
HKRockChick

.....but I want a Snow-White and the seven dwarfs cottage, with the log staircase and everything... I'm thinking in New Zealand or Australia... not sure whether

HAHAHAHA Snow-White and the seven dwarfs....

...that's Schneewittchen und die sieben Zwerge HAHAHA

...and that's in BAVARIA / Germany ;)

(Schloß Neuschwanstein / Bavaria,

a walk over the mountains in the back, the German Alps

actually and you are in Switzerland :) ) ))))

Regarding the climate in Switzerland and Germany (the Alps region)... well, I happen to know a Hongkong girl, which did say when visting over here in summer: "OH MY, it is SOOO HOT, even HOTTER than in Hongkong!" :D :D :D :D :D

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: wheeeeeeeeee Reply with quote

Hell.

You guys are asking a lot.

All I want is a cabin in the Mountains, near Lake Louise....(Banff, Alberta, Canada....)

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:43 pm    Post subject: Re: my dream home Reply with quote

Quote:
I want a Snow-White and the seven dwarfs cottage

I actually did live there, Debbie!

Well, more like I was a counselour at a camp where each cabin has it's own storybook theme. During one camp period, me and my brats - errr.....wonderful kids under my watch, I mean - were in the "Snow White & Seven Dwarfs" cottage. I guess that made me "Snow White" (I know some of the kids sure were sleepy, dopey and grumpy, LOL).

Don't have a pic of that cabin, darn it. But to give you an idea of the camp's storybook theming, see the pix below.(I think I posted 'em about a year or so back).

Late one night a drunk driver took the wrong road and ended up in the camp area - he saw things like a huge pumpkin, giant shoe, a train caboose, etc and he was so freaked that he drove right into the beach and into the water, hahahaha! (he was okay, just a bit bewildered)

HKRockChick
No More Peas!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 1:01 am    Post subject: Re: my dream home Reply with quote

LOL!

Ron, you lucky thing. Was there a stream? I think I saw the pumpkin house picture. LOL, sleepy, dopey and grumpy! We all know some dwarfs ahahahaha.

Mike! hahaha - Yes I was in London in the summer and it was blisteringly hot, and everyone threw off their clothes and sat in the sun drinking beer, and I got a massive headache. The sun does that to me, so can't do sunny beaches. I was also in Buffalo in the summer, boy was THAT hot. But the winters are something else. I'd hate to be shovelling snow to get in and out of the house!

Someday I hope I'll be in NZ...I'm a modern girl though. My SnowWhite cottage will be properly equipped with all the mod cons... and the ceiling will be high enough for tall people... eh Chris?

:ww

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 1:28 am    Post subject: Re: my dream home Reply with quote

Edited to remove vulgar American humour

Edited by: Seismic Anamoly  at: 3/25/04 2:30 pm
Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 1:31 am    Post subject: Re: my dream home Reply with quote

The trip to the Alps was GREAT!!!!!!!

(In My Dreams!!!) :b

I'm going to visit Rachel in June if at all possible.

:bcool

Edited by: Seismic Anamoly  at: 3/25/04 2:31 pm
RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 3:26 am    Post subject: Re: my dream home Reply with quote

Quote:
Ron, you lucky thing. Was there a stream?

Yeah, young kids especially love the camp. It's a non-profit one (sponsored by religious groups), so children from the inner city or from other familes of limited income don't have to pay. It's a fun break for them to spend a few weeks there in the summer.

Well, Debbie, there is a river (little bigger than a creek) at the camp and where it widens out a bit it serves as the beach. Here it is at sunset.

You mentioned to Mike re:snow and shoveling, I'd never visit the camp in winter; it's in northern Minnesota just 96 km from Canada.

(But today in southern Minnesota, our temp was almost 21 C giving us a fine taste of Spring!)

ShandiSinnamon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 4:23 am    Post subject: Re: my dream home Reply with quote

beautiful pictures - have a great trip- xoxo shandi

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: