MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

chris! i've got a proposition for you...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
4teetoo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:55 am    Post subject: chris! i've got a proposition for you... Reply with quote

...and it's not THAT kind of proposition, ms. dirtymind!

i was thinking that since you are going to be reading 'a course in miracles', and you are online alot, that you might want to be involved with a couple of groups that i have found on paltalk. one is non-denominational spirituality, very loose and full of goodness and real friendship, and the other is a study group for the course.

do you have paltalk? would you be interested? email me and let me know what you think....

4teetoo@verizon.net

love ya, .smack.

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:36 am    Post subject: Re: chris! i've got a proposition for you... Reply with quote

I read ACIM some few years ago, 4teetoo, along with it's leader's study guides. The writer, Helen Schucman, was supposed to have "channeled Jesus" to pen it. It is widely used by a religious group called "Unity" (short for "Unity School Of Christianity"), which some folks consider a "new age" cult. :dunno

Me, I'm more inclined to go with the "Golden Oldies" for the the spiritual-oriented stuff; Bible, Gita, Tao Te Ching, etc. Or a good introspective book e.g. Why Am I Afraid To Tell Who I Am? or mebbe Psycho-Cybernetics. If we're talking purely motivational stuff then, of course, AR is the best you'll find e.g. Unlimited Power.

But it's diff strokes for the diff folks, as they say (whoever they are, lol).

BTW, the above links are to Amazon - and I don't even get a referer kickback! :insane

4teetoo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: chris! i've got a proposition for you... Reply with quote

cool, i'll check them out.

i've found the psychology aspect of the course to be very good for me, as i am drawn to that sort of thing. i see it as being pretty dogma-free, and psychologically sound.

i can understand the new age cult perception with it, but i am studying the bible at the same time, with no former study of it, and i'm seeing that the course is totally in line with the bible, if you don't see it merely as a historical guide, or a rote spiritual dogma-factory.

i see the bible as being written on many levels, but there are two angles that i see, with levels included in both. when i read the parables, i don't see them as stories, but as symbolic puzzles that contain much more esoteric, and awe-inspiring psycho-spiritual grit.

i've always felt that there were 'alternate realities', for lack of a more succinct description, and i've been able to tap into some stuff that has really blown out the walls of my grasp on reality.

it's all pretty new to me, and i'm having a hard time putting words to the experience, so i think i'm sounding hokey or corny. hopefully thru my music i'll be able to communicate my experience with the whole psycho-spirit thang.

thanks for taking time to give the links, that was very cool of you. i believe our paths crossed for a purpose.

.smack.

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:55 am    Post subject: Re: chris! i've got a proposition for you... Reply with quote

.smack.!! hahahahhaa I didn't think it would be a 'naughty' proposition!! hahahahahaha

I don't have Paltalk on my home computer. But I'm quite interested in discussing the book with you. I've always found everything you've posted really interesting and also feel destined that we were meant to have our paths crossed!

I've read the beginning only and am planning to read slowly. Like you I've recently discovered my spirituality and am enjoying the whole process.

I'll send you an email soon. Thanks .smack.

And Ron - I'm no new age nutter! :insane

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: chris! i've got a proposition for you... Reply with quote

4teetoo: If you don't want to invest a lotta time and energy (or like me - just kinda lazy, lol) a good summary of actual, experiential ACIM is Marianne Williamson's book, A Return to Love:Reflections on the Principles of "A Course in Miracles" a used copy can be had for a couple of bucks at Amazon, otherwise it's only about $12 new(paperback).

Chris: it would be fine if you were a new-age nutter - I'm an old-age nutter myself, hahahana!!!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: