MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

how we spent valentines day

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ilikepie2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:44 pm    Post subject: how we spent valentines day Reply with quote

when i was a kid my grandmother let me paint a giant mural on the wall in her basement. now that i have kids and i talk about that a lot, the other day my wife suggested we paint the same mural on our basement wall to celebrate my grandmother who won't be around much longer.

so on valentines day we started it. here's a few pictures. it's not done yet by far, but it's a start:

it's the feb 16 journal entry.

Bud Bennett

homepage : clownie :

i like pie

Edited by: ilikepie2  at: 2/16/04 6:46 pm
ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: how we spent valentines day Reply with quote

Thats a real cool thing ya doing there Bud.........

When I was younger I never got to paint any walls, apart from my bedroom when i was about 15....... And then it was plain sky blue!!

Thanx for sharing, as you know I love this sorta thing!!

Oh and BTW, if you wanna know how to get rid of the ceiling pipe you have, just giz a nod!! :lol

Paul

ilikepie2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: how we spent valentines day Reply with quote

thanks paul, actually though i use that pipe to hang the extension cord to the light table there. i'm thinking of painting on little campbells soup labels on it too. you know, in keeping with the "pow" tradition.

Bud Bennett

i like pie

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:38 pm    Post subject: Re: how we spent valentines day Reply with quote

Its been ages since I had that soup....... actually I used to make a cheap and tasty meal out of the mushroom one.....

Just used to add fresh crushed garlic, heat it up and mix it with pasta.....Mmmm, some times adding smoked gammon, chopped......

Paul

ilikepie2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:47 pm    Post subject: Re: how we spent valentines day Reply with quote

ya i used to cook with that soup in stuff too. haha since i got married though i haven't had to. 15 years of me not cooking. yay!

Bud Bennett

i like pie

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:53 pm    Post subject: Re: how we spent valentines day Reply with quote

I love cooking.....however Denise does assist and gets all the crap jobs that go with cooking.....!!!!haha

We have a little laugh sometimes.......she say's sometimes you would think I was head chef, as I can rant a little when things dont go smoothly!!

Paul

ilikepie2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 2:53 am    Post subject: Re: how we spent valentines day Reply with quote

in my house i often tell beth...... you are the cook and i am the eat.

haha i NEVER criticize the cooking mostly because it's always fabulous, but partly because i just plain don't want to do it!

Bud Bennett

i like pie

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:08 am    Post subject: Re: how we spent valentines day Reply with quote

Wow what a great idea Bud!! Love the mural idea and your kids look SO HAPPY! hahahahaha Yeah I think I drew crayons on the wall once when I was very young and got into big trouble for it so it became taboo to colour walls :wgrin

Campbell's soup? Yes! When I first started cooking for myself - it was a great staple for sauces - I'd make pies and add stuff to the soup then whack shop-bought pastry on top and bake it and thought "I'm a marvellous cook" hahahahahahahahahaha I like to cook but I don't like the washing-up. Shaun hates cooking hahahahahaha My best dish is veggie lasagna and also chocolate cake (sugar-free & vegan!) and I used to make these awesome veggies scotch eggs but I've gone off eggs mostly these days.... Now I'm hungry!! h ahahahahaha :rollin

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

ilikepie2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: how we spent valentines day Reply with quote

i used to use campbells soup a lot too before i was married. and i made this great dish with noodles, tomato paste and hamburger. and occasionally chili. that's about the extent of it though. i even cooked a few meals for beth before we were married. but seeing as she's a hobbyist gourmet cook, i don't get asked to make my three meals very often luckily!

we did more painting last night. it's coming along nicely and i hope we finish and can send my grandmother photos before she departs this old world. got to hurry though.

Bud Bennett

i like pie

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: how we spent valentines day Reply with quote

That is so sweet. Have you told her what you're doing? I hope she gets to see. Thanks for sharing!

|Talk Soup |

ilikepie2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: how we spent valentines day Reply with quote

she's deep in the arms of alzheimers. i told my grandfather though and he told her. i like to think that in the great scheme of things she'll know. i have a glimmering hope too that when we send her photos along with the original photo of me inthe early 70's painting in her house that she'll know what it is. just a faint glimmer, but hey, you got to hold on to something right? i know when she departs she'll know what it is and come see it too.

Bud Bennett

homepage :

stained glass :

clownie :

i like pie

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: how we spent valentines day Reply with quote

Oh Alzheimers - that's a tough one isn't it? That's right - we always have hope (and faith!) she may well remember. And when she eventually goes to heaven, she will remember it all. You're a great grandson.

|Talk Soup |

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: