MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

new song

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
4teetoo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 8:16 pm    Post subject: new song Reply with quote

.teach.2.learn.

lofi

hifi

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:48 pm    Post subject: Re: new song Reply with quote

Very Very Funky!! Like it a lot, 4tt!! :thumb

What say I take it and remix it with some funky guitar in spots maybe?? :bcool

BTW...your website is KILLER....GREAT digital artwork....and the tunes are Superb!! You're going places, my man....:thumb

border=2 height=35 width=125>

Edited by: Seismic Anamoly  at: 2/12/04 10:57 pm
ilikepie2

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: new song Reply with quote

that is definitely funky. i liked the wide stereo mix in there a lot, and i think that helped keep the song interesting. i think this seems good film music possibly. if, like seismic asks, and you or someone add funky guitar or whatever to it, that would be great too, i could definitely see the piece as it stands now as a great backdrop to some really interesting lead work, maybe something heady like what fripp did with his sound landscapes and delay stuff.

(i think i hesitated to say that about the guitar addition though because i like to wonder WHY someone writes a piece of music. with this tune i wondered if you were going for the eno type ambient music thing with this? granted this isn't in any way like eno's ambient music (music for airports, music for films etc) but it seemed to me that this piece might be trying to hold on to his basic idea of making music that was "as listenable as it is ignorable". i was thinking that that sort of idea might have been rambling around in your head with this? i was thinking that if you added guitar it would make it more interesting than ignorable and you'd be out of the ambient thing, but then again the piece as it stands now is already more listenable than it is ignorable. haha i ramble myself into a circle...)

i dig your website too, the digital artwork is way cool. seems you have a theme going on in there. i'll be really curious about your diatribe. i bet you have a lot to say and that it'll be interesting and insightful.

Bud Bennett

homepage : clownie :

i like pie

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: new song Reply with quote

Yes this is an interesting track - I love everything that .42 creates. It's spacial yet full. I'm sure he's going to love what you two guys wrote! Me? I'm just going to say "wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Love it!"

And your website is ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!! :banana

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

AQUARIAN AGE
Austrian Peacekeeper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: new song Reply with quote

great feel in that one! a little bit is missing though...maybe a squeezin guitar...

but I like it!

btw. clicked on your website and thought, didnĀ“t I talk about a remix with this guy lately?

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: new song Reply with quote

listening........

.smurf. - I'm always impressed with the sound quality, and mixing of your stuff.

Can you give a quick run-down of the equipment you're using?

I'm curious....

Ever plan on adding vocals to your tracks?

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 2:53 am    Post subject: Re: new song Reply with quote

I think .smack. will add vocals at some point in the future. He mentioned it before!

|Talk Soup |

HatefulMusic
Ears bleeding yet?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 4:29 am    Post subject: Re: new song Reply with quote

I dig it.

Theo

HatefulMusic.com

4teetoo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:51 pm    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

hey guys...

thanks for the kind words!

i'd love to have guitar added. that would be very cool. my email is 4teetoo@verizon.net

contact me when you can!

i do, indeed, plan on recording vocals to most of my songs. i'm waiting until i have a full cd of songs that i like enuff to use, tho. then i will sit down and make a sort of concept album. until then, i still like to share the instrumentals. i know not all of them may not stand on their own, but alot of them, i see as mood pieces or just grooves to enjoy. :)

i'm very happy that people enjoy them as they are, and are interested in my work. if not for that, it wouldn't be worth making. thanks!

drooly/fooly:

i use fruity studio to put the pieces together, and cool edit pro v2 for the production side. i've made my own compression curve that is responsible for the cleanness of production that people seem to like.

well, i'm half asleep, woke up to go to the bathroom, and finally found some time to surf.

see you all soon...

take care!

.smack.

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: thanks Reply with quote

You have a computer in your TOILET? That is SO COOL! wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Can you take a photo for us??

I'd buy your album!!

Hey .smack. if you ever need female wailing on your tracks.... think of me somewhere on your list....

|Talk Soup |

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: