MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

What's the best way to clean LCD monitors & notebk scree

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 6:29 am    Post subject: What's the best way to clean LCD monitors & notebk scree Reply with quote

haha Guess who's got dirty screens!?!? hahaha Should I use a damp cloth? Is there any definite NO-NOs?

Thank you! Again this slightly blonde musician is challenging herself.....

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

Steve Iannetti
GweiLo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: What's the best way to clean LCD monitors & notebk s Reply with quote

I use a damp cloth ( water )..

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: What's the best way to clean LCD monitors & notebk s Reply with quote

Don't make a $2,000 mistake cleaning your laptop screen with a $2 glass cleaner & a paper towel! LCD display screens are almost universally made of plastic. Plastics & computer manufacturers consistently do not recommend alcohol or ammonia - based cleaners. Repeated applications of alcohol on plastic will turn your screen surface "yellow", make it brittle and cause "stress cracking" (hairline scratches) on your screen surface.

High Resolution Graphics Display monitors from SONY, NEC, Hitachi & Portrait Display Labs currently utilize externally applied, optical-grade, anti-reflective ("A/R") and ultra-violet ("UV") reducing coatings. The new SONY SF/SE mk-II, NEC MultiSync, Hitachi & Portrait Display Labs "Pivot" monitors now incorporate these coatings.

There are special cleaner sets available from each display manufacturer. :)

MIKE

10 free song uploads||1 free video upload

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: What's the best way to clean LCD monitors & notebk s Reply with quote

Mike! Again you are the expert!! Thank you! :kizz

|Talk Soup |

Steve Iannetti
GweiLo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 10:50 pm    Post subject: Re: What's the best way to clean LCD monitors & notebk s Reply with quote

Yeah. Like I said. Use water....Duh...:lol

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 2:55 am    Post subject: Re: What's the best way to clean LCD monitors & notebk s Reply with quote

:aua

|Talk Soup |

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 7:02 am    Post subject: Re: What's the best way to clean LCD monitors & notebk s Reply with quote

Quote:
computer manufacturers consistently do not recommend alcohol

That's a good warning to learn from, Mike! Just yesterday I used some alcohol while cleaning up my oldie, oldie laptop. I thought, "why not try it on the screen, too?". I thought I killed it, lol! All sorts of odd looking screens came up when I tried to start Windows. But after I ran some video tests in DOS mode, everything was okay. It was just schmucked-up for about an hour from the alcohol cleaning - whew! hahaha!

So, alcohol and laptop screens do not mix well. But on the other hand, some alcohol with sweeth vermouth and a cherry can make a dang good "Manhattan"! Just don't rub it on the screen.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: