MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

VoGE Video Online...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VoGE

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 7:00 pm    Post subject: VoGE Video Online... Reply with quote

Sorry to have been such a disappeared person from the BBS, but I was in hermit mode following the Muse... After months of preparation, shooting and post-production, the first Voice of Golden Eagle music video is available online!

You can stream and/or download the video from a URL listed in my blog. Here's a direct link to that entry:

VoGE Music Video Debuts Online

Video is the next logical step for any musician wanting to have a viable virtual presence on the Web. Many of you are months, even years ahead of me in this process - artists such as Mike Burn, the original video pioneer :bcool - but... I'm catching up fast! I hope to even have a VoGE DVD for sale sometime this year with at least an hour of content.

I hope you like the video (tho it would be silly of me to hope you didn't, ehhh?) and would appreciate any comments you may have about it.

Thanks in advance for checking it out. Now, I'm off to catch up on a few of these message threads to see what's been happening around here.

...VoGE

PS: Could we perhaps change my underblurb to say "The guy who TRIED to rescue MP3.com!" ??? :blush

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: VoGE Video Online... Reply with quote

:aw I quit doing videos. HAHAHAHA :me

That's absolutely worth every second of the download time.

Lots of cool cuts, smooth "flow" and fancy details. I like how you colored and "freaked" the original material in some places. Very consistent, warm athmosphere... well, simply a entertaining thing. that's what a video should be about: entertainment :)

As a plus I was able to see you the first time in full and I was hungry to replay that thingy for some detailed revelations of your studio equipment :D

The quality is very good, the encoding incl. sound in particular.

On the negative side I only had the impression on the first playback, that it would have been better if you would not wear the headphones when playing the flute, somehow. Just my very first "stomach" impression. :nutz

MIKE

10 free song uploads||1 free video upload

VoGE

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 8:42 pm    Post subject: Thanks Mike! Reply with quote

Thank you very much Mike! Those kind and supportive words mean a lot.

I'm wearing headphones in the Native Flute performance shots because that was footage of the actual track as it was being recorded. I agree with you in that the headphones do detract somewhat, but I opted for a bit of "reality" over "look" in that instance because I wanted to make it more of a real performance piece, not just "posing in sync" with a flute.

Thanks again for your critique. After working so close to this for so long, it's a blessing to hear an impression from fresh eyes! :D

Your friend on the Bluffs...

...VoGE

VoGE

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 8:46 pm    Post subject: Thank you Admin! Reply with quote

Blessings upon the BBS Admin who so quickly changed my underblurb! :boink

MyMP3BoardDotCom
The Original

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Thank you Admin! Reply with quote

:ghost :g :bday

AQUARIAN AGE
Austrian Peacekeeper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Thank you Admin! Reply with quote

WOW! Great video! Congratulations!!!:yo

Which editing software do you use?

VoGE

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 10:24 pm    Post subject: Thanks AQUARIAN AGE! Reply with quote

Thanks AQUARIAN AGE! I appreciate that. I enjoyed seeing your new video too! I've bookmarked your site to check out the rest of your offerings soon as my day calms down a bit.

As for video post-production software, I used a variety of editing apps, but the main program that I will forever praise to the rafters is Vegas Video. I have spent a lot of time with Adobe Premiere over the years, but I find Vegas to be ten times more accessible, intuative and just plain fun to use.

I recommend Vegas for multitrack audio recording as well. A real all-in-one solution that will take your creativity where it wants to go.

Lights, Camera, ACTION! :laugh

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: VoGE Video Online... Reply with quote

What an awesome video!! Love all the images and the swirling effects! Strong imagery mixing Native American images with instruments and the moon! Love your mouth voicing the sounds! Brilliant!! Thanks so much for posting! :banana

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

VoGE

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:45 am    Post subject: Thank you, Chris! Reply with quote

Thank you for those wonderful comments, Chris! To know that you are catching all those elements is very rewarding. And I just might quote you if you don't mind. :cute

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Thank you, Chris! Reply with quote

Nice work, VoGE.....

The whole aural/visual package definitely delivers that "Native American" vibe....

I really dig the contrast between the basic "rootsy" feel, and the almost "robotic" fx on the voice.....

I enjoyed that......

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Thank you, Chris! Reply with quote

hahaha You can quote me but I think Droolymutt just came in way-more-eloquent than me!!! :banana

Great to see you and it's admirable to see what you've been doing! I hope you keep coming back to mymp3board!! :banana

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

ilikepie2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Thank you, Chris! Reply with quote

wow how VERY cool. awesome music and cool imagery. i loved this, my only beef is that i didn't like the shots of the computer screen (and that's a tiny beef too). this is most cool.

i just watched it again and wow it's really cool. i'm going to look for more of your music now, i'm hooked!

Bud Bennett

homepage : clownie :

i like pie

Edited by: ilikepie2  at: 2/9/04 4:25 pm
VoGE

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 9:21 pm    Post subject: With much appreciation! Reply with quote

I can't thank you enough for the great encouragement and support!

Droolymutt, that vocal was one of those wonderful spontaneous moments of creation we all know and love. I was having a bit of trouble coming up with anything lyrically for the track, then I asked myself the songwriter's universal question, "what do I want the song to be about, anyway?" As if the Muse herself was waiting for me to ask, out popped the phrase, "Living in a world of sinew and bone with an eagle-eye view of what's going wrong." And there it was.

The actual effect on that vocal is a combination of three things. First in the chain was a "telephone voice" type EQ curve, followed by a distortion filter which then fed a compressor (to even out the slamming peaks created by the first two devices). These effects were added after recording the vocal to allow me to fine tune how it fit into the mix.

Chris, again many thanks. And I am keeping at it... I can't stop, it's toooo much fun!!! There are two other VoGE videos in the works with many more related projects on the drawing board. In video I have found a new way to expand upon the music and I am ADDICTED! :bcool

ilikepie, I appreciate your comments very much! You made my day telling me that seeing the video motivated you to check out more of the music.

As for your comments about the scenes with the computer screen, I understand your perspective and considered that point in production. After debating with myself about doing a video with a more "traditional NDN look", I ultimately decided to cast aside the pre-conceived images and go for personal artistic honesty. Being Native American in these times often means making art with computers too, not just beads and blanket looms... Riding cars as well as stallions (imagery I'm using in the next VoGE video), etc etc.

Woah, sorry folks, I didn't mean to write a novella! It's just that I truly appreciate all your thoughtful comments and insights. This place is great! :yeah

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: