MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

New song..
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sterling30sg

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 6:40 am    Post subject: New song.. Reply with quote

Can't say I'm too proud of it at the moment, I suppose it's just a demo for now..

She Don't Know

www.soundclick.com/sterling30

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: New song.. Reply with quote

Very retro-feel to this song. Like a Sixties classic. I like it! I'm not sure what you mean by a 'demo' but it is very Sixties sounding. I still like it! :banana

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

Sterling30sg

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 4:27 pm    Post subject: It just needs alot of work Chris.. Reply with quote

The harmonies are wrong, the lead guitar has to be redone and the levels aren't right either.., I just hear the correct version being much different than what exists now but it's ok I guess..

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: It just needs alot of work Chris.. Reply with quote

Listening....

Yes - very retro....

I love the timbre of the vocal.....

The backup vocals seem strained, stilted somehow......

Sweet acoustic lead breaks and fills...

I repeat - I really like the voice.......

The song itself? - for my personal tastes, I'd like to hear a bit more "edge"...

But I like where you're going with it...

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: It just needs alot of work Chris.. Reply with quote

I'd love to hear it when it becomes what you want it to become Gregg - I really would love to hear what's in your head. I love hearing creativity :)

|Talk Soup |

Sterling30sg

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 7:38 pm    Post subject: Appreciate the positive feedback.. Reply with quote

Drooly- the production limits of the studio I'm using seems to show through in this song and the time frames I'm limited too re***y puts a crimp into what I'm looking for in the means of harmony.., I want the textured type of ooohh & aahhs The Beatles and others were so good at.., I know they can be done and well too but it's very time consuming and do I spend the next 5 sessions getting harmonies right or do I take the path of least resistance and just slap it together?? (Factoring in some short attention spams.., I have to take the shorter route..)

Chris.., this song has to be electrified.., being electricless at the moment makes it difficult but there's a Les Paul on it's way to me now and a Tokai Tele I should own shortly, so between those two, I should find the right sound.., the lead is about right but it can't stop just where it is right now, there's are empty spaces where it needs to be and should be present in pretty much the entire song from the way I'm hearing it.. That has to be fixed + the lead vocals are too much in the backgroud for my ears.., we'll get it right but it'll sound alot different when it is..

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 2:44 am    Post subject: Re: Appreciate the positive feedback.. Reply with quote

Yes you'll get it right Gregg! Take your time - it may be consuming but the satisfaction for you to get the result you want will be the pay off!

A Les Paul? A Tokai Tele? My gosh Gregg! That's FANTASTIC!

Post again with this song, we want to follow your progress! :banana

|Talk Soup |

Sterling30sg

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 11:50 am    Post subject: I missed the Tokai Chris.. Reply with quote

The price went much higher than what I wanted to spend so I found this really reasonable instead..

The Les Paul is a copy made in '79 by Tokai that I bought for next to nothing that has great reviews, so hopefully it'll be ok too..

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: I missed the Tokai Chris.. Reply with quote

Gregg! That looks great! What's the sound like?

|Talk Soup |

Sterling30sg

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 12:42 pm    Post subject: Not really sure Chris.. Reply with quote

The reviews I read on it were all very good but all had humbuckers, except for one that had the single coils like this one, and the user immediatly changed them.

This is a Carvin TL60, the guitar & case cost me about 40% of what it would have cost factory direct, it's a solid maple body with the neck running the total lenght of the guitar and has an ebony fretboard + the action is always very low on a Carvin. I'm going to give the stock PU's a good workout, I expect it too sound much like a standard tele which should be ok, but I'm looking for a real mellow sound for some lead work so I might put something else in, we'll just wait and see how it works for now though..

Pretty guitar though, don't you think? I like the real uncluttered look with natural woodgrain.., simple but attractive appearance.

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Not really sure Chris.. Reply with quote

Mmm she sounds very nice. ANd yes that wood grain is very attractive. If I remember rightly, you can also make guitars?

|Talk Soup |

Sterling30sg

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 8:27 am    Post subject: I haven't Chris.. Reply with quote

I've given it some thought though..., it wouldn't be that difficult assembling Strat & Tele style guitars, it could be done but I'm not on a posistion to try that now..

I wouldn't mind doing it at some point, I'd love to be able to build some Gretsch style archtops but that's an entirely differnt matter than a solid body.., someday maybe..

HKRockChick
No More Peas!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 9:30 am    Post subject: Definitely Reply with quote

very listenable. and agreed, very retro too. I actually like the chunky accoustic guitar sound; wonder what it'll sound like electrified. Nice vocals and very catchy too.

Cheers

debbie

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: I haven't Chris.. Reply with quote

OK Greg please post a recording with your new guitar! I really would love to hear its tones. :banana

I wouldn't even be able to DREAM of building a guitar but I know guys that do and they do a fantastic job. One guy I know builds them for musicians all over the world - some of them are even famous! :l I once got him to overhaul my Fender and WOW it was like owning a new guitar! He did an awesome job of lowering my action and put in some new frets etc.

You seem to know a lot about guitars. What's your favourite guitar and why?

|Talk Soup |

Sterling30sg

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 7:01 pm    Post subject: With a tele or strat Chris.. Reply with quote

Everything is pretty much prefitted, if you can handle a screwdrive and a sodering gun, you're pretty much in business, though there are many varibles involved, types of woods, hardware, electronics, ect.., that get's a bit more complicated and you have to have good knowlege of that to create the better quality models.

My favorite guitar??? There's one I like very much for tone and that's the Rickenbacker 360. There a depht in in I've never been able to replicate in any other guitar but the neck is so narrow and they put so much polyurathene in the fret board that it's a difficult guitar to play. Greco made one with a normal size neck without that finish and it's supposed to sound even better but try finding one..

Other than that..., I do love the older Gretsch archtops, The Country Gentlemans, Tennesseans, Double Anniversaries, Country Blub models, ect.. (6120, 6119, 6118) They just have this sound and feel you can't find in newer guitars, the wood was better then and everything was made more by hand and they also have this incredible tone that you just don't find in the newer models.., just a uniqeness in everyone that seems to be absent in new guitars, but that's just my opinion..

I just love guitars Chris, I love eveything about them and if I were to ever build a model or two, it would be very much like the Gretsch Country Gentleman or Tennessean and I'd love to be able to make that availble for well under $1000 new.. Don't know how feasible that is, but I may try it some day..

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: