MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

MP3.COM CLOSING! I got the email just now.......
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 6:10 am    Post subject: MP3.COM CLOSING! I got the email just now....... Reply with quote

MP3.com Artist Announcement

CNET Networks, Inc announced today that it has acquired certain assets of MP3.com, Inc.

Please be advised that on Tuesday, December 2, 2003 at 12:00 PM PST the MP3.com website will no longer be accessible in its current form.

Following a transition period, CNET Networks, Inc. plans to introduce new and enhanced artist services. If you would like to receive email updates on these new services and notification when they are available, as well as an invitation to their special artists-only preview, please sign up here.

Your personal information, music, images, related content or other information will not be transferred to CNET Networks, Inc. or any other third party.

MP3.com's content administration tools will remain available until the site is redirected on December 2, 2003. Please note, however, that promptly following the removal of the MP3.com website, all content will be deleted from our servers and all previously submitted tapes, CD-ROMs and other media in our possession will be destroyed. We recommend that you make alternative content hosting arrangements as soon as practicable.

Please remember to update or remove all links and references to the URL www.mp3.com. Additionally if you would like a historical record of your page, we recommend that you capture screen shots of the page as well as your artist statistics pages since they will no longer be available once the site goes offline.

MP3.com stopped collecting monthly fees for Gold and Platinum Artist Service subscriptions as of November 3, 2003. For any monthly Gold or Platinum Artist Service subscription fees MP3.com received during the period beginning October 13, 2003 and ending November 2, 2003, MP3.com will be issuing a refund that will be prorated to reflect a termination of the subscription as of November 2, 2003. For any previously paid annual Gold and Platinum subscription fees MP3.com has received during 2003, MP3.com will be issuing a refund that will be prorated to reflect a termination of the subscription as of November 2, 2003. Any artists who subscribed to the Platinum or Gold Artist Service after November 2, 2003 will receive a full refund of any fees paid.

If you subscribe to any other MP3.com services, you will receive separate email messages with specific information about refunds and service availability.

Participants in the truSONIC Business Music Service program will be receiving an email update about the process for their continued participation in that program.

All content uploads will cease immediately. Approvals of previously uploaded content will continue through Friday, November 14, 2003.

CDs will be available for purchase through Monday, November 17, 2003 at 12:00 PM PST.

MP3.com will perform a final artist accounting and check distribution on or around December 1, 2003. Any artist account with a balance of at least $25.00 will qualify to receive a payment in the final artist accounting (reduced from the usual requirement of $50.00). Payment of CD royalties will be included in the final artist accounting. If you anticipate a payment, please verify and update your artist account and contact information no later than November 20, 2003. Click here for help updating your contact information.

Please be sure to check the Sophie message board and System Service Report (SSR) for further updates.

On behalf of all of us at MP3.com we thank you for your patronage and continued support. It has been a privilege to host one of the largest and most diverse collections of music in the world. MP3.com wishes to express its sincere thanks to each of you for making our website an important part of your musical journey. We wish you continued success.

Sincerely,

MP3.com

P.S. Remember that in order to receive email updates on CNET's new artist services, you should sign up here today.

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 6:13 am    Post subject: Re: MP3.COM CLOSING! I got the email just now....... Reply with quote

Sophie's Announcement

hahahaha So now IC-MUSICMEDIA.COM is the place to be!! wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :banana

|Talk Soup |

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 6:55 am    Post subject: Re: MP3.COM CLOSING! I got the email just now....... Reply with quote

I hope everyone exchanges emails etc. It's hard to believe some people only have (had?) mp3.com pages - you've GOT to trust in your music and believe in yourself - get your own website! That's the message for today! :banana

|Talk Soup |

yidneth
A Spanish Fairytale

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 10:13 am    Post subject: :) Reply with quote

ok

they owe me 47.50 dollars in cd sales

for any strange reason, my lattest sales (TO REACH THE MINIMUM 50 for check) never was updated (and i know a friend of mine got one)

WILL I RECEIVE MY MONEY?

because if little and considering i've been paying 5 dollars per month to keep my page

I WANT IT

THEN they CAN kick me out

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: :) Reply with quote

)&%=?§%$)$?/=$`/(`)§&=(&%

MIKE

yidneth
A Spanish Fairytale

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 2:59 pm    Post subject: sigh Reply with quote

guess it's done

hahah LOL

XDDD

what you said mike ??? LOL

hahahah guess i'm too polite but i would love to say a few words too LOL XD

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: sigh Reply with quote

This looks like a FANTASTIC opportunity for other OMDs - especially since all these soon-to-be orphaned Artists can be reached directly through their mp3 pages...

Only 2 weeks left, though...!!!

hmmmmm¿¿¿¿???.........

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: sigh Reply with quote

MIKE

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: sigh Reply with quote

:ohno

:insane :rant :insane

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: MP3.COM CLOSING! I got the email just now....... Reply with quote

I suppose the closing comes as no surprise to anyone, Chris! Been waiting for that shoe to drop for a good amount of time.

Were Mp3.com operated as a fee-based only OMD it might have worked. But I aways thought the free MP3 storage/bandwidth cost alone would catch up with them. Especially since much of it was junk of the "vanity" variety ("Joe Schmoe plays Sinatra's hits using his armpits").

Ah, well, the nature of the internet has changed alot since MP3.com -like most every other online business venture - started out to be the next big thing and change the world.

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 12:40 am    Post subject: Re: MP3.COM CLOSING! I got the email just now....... Reply with quote

Quote:
November 14, 2003

CNET Networks representatives said the company aims to augment its position as a provider of interactive content through the acquisition, with plans to enter the online music market through MP3.com. However, a company representative said the revamped site would not compete with music download services such as Napster. Instead, the company plans to turn MP3.com into a source of information for digital music.

CNET Networks believes MP3.com can attract an audience similar to visitors of its GameSpot Web site, which features video game reviews and downloads. The company did not announce a timeframe for its planned relaunch of MP3.com but said it is interested in connecting with artists and record companies that have previously distributed their music via the site.

MIKE

10 free song uploads||1 free video upload

Netjams

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 1:06 am    Post subject: Re: MP3.COM CLOSING! I got the email just now....... Reply with quote

Spam with Class :gl

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 1:09 am    Post subject: Re: MP3.COM CLOSING! I got the email just now....... Reply with quote

:lol :aua :lol

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 1:45 am    Post subject: Re: MP3.COM CLOSING! I got the email just now....... Reply with quote

omg.....

add a Helicopter and sound, and we'll be ready to rumble...!!!!

Netjams

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 1:49 am    Post subject: Re: MP3.COM CLOSING! I got the email just now....... Reply with quote

Don't tempt me :borg

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: