MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

How do you spell D.E.T.E.R.M.I.N.A.T.I.O.N.??

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 6:33 pm    Post subject: How do you spell D.E.T.E.R.M.I.N.A.T.I.O.N.?? Reply with quote

Like THIS....:bigeyes

Was going through my old scrapbooks and stuff and found this pic taken by a newspaper reporter in 1980 when I was at USM (playing American football)....this fellows name is Sammy Winder and the game was against the University of Mississippi (Ole Miss) in Jackson, MS....he was our tailback...went on to become All-Pro with the Denver Broncos several times and played in the Super Bowl...what's funny is that USM coaches never recruited him to sign a scholarship; he just walked on the field when he was an 18 year old kid and decided he was going to be one of the best there ever was at Southern...needless to say he made it happen....in this picture, we were losing by 3 points and were somewhere inside the 10 yard line about to score....USM hadn't beaten them then but twice in about 30 games....our QB pitched the ball to Sammy and he took it around left end and when he reached the 3 yard line, he took off like a bird in flight roughly 8 feet off the ground and landed 7 yards deep in the end zone for the winning touchdown....10 yards through the air; that's about 8.5 meters (right??!!)....it was a thing of beauty because he absolutely was NOT going to be denied....no way, no how....

So what's the point of this, Seismo?? If you think your music is failing or is not as good as you would like, don't give up; go work even harder...it'll happen, it's just a matter of time AND how bad you want it to happen...so GO FOR IT, people....you're ALL multi-talented....and it'll apply to anything you do...

Just look at my brutha Sammy...flyin' like the Eagle and Bronco he was....beautiful, ain't it?? :D

That's your thought for the day, kiddies....free from Dr. Seismo!! :lol

debbie mannas

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 5:02 am    Post subject: Great Thought for the Day Reply with quote

:we

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Great Thought for the Day Reply with quote

Thanks, Deb...it's what I try to convey to my "Inner-City" students every day...if you want it bad enough, it can be yours...:thumb :D

markhewer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: How do you spell D.E.T.E.R.M.I.N.A.T.I.O.N.?? Reply with quote

Now this is a GREAT post!!!! Thanks Seismo for the uplifting message and peek at your scrapbook. You da man!:yo

markhewer.com

Edited by: markhewer at: 11/13/03 1:40 pm
debbie mannas

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 1:46 pm    Post subject: agreed Reply with quote

:boink

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: agreed Reply with quote

Thanx, Mark....very COOL banner!! :thumb

Debbie.... ;)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: