MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

I'm in the middle of a possible deal
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yidneth
A Spanish Fairytale

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 12:53 pm    Post subject: I'm in the middle of a possible deal Reply with quote

and I think this time i'm saying yes!

people, i'm sort of scared but wish me luck!

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm in the middle of a possible deal Reply with quote

Pris - do you have a lawyer?

yidneth
A Spanish Fairytale

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm in the middle of a possible deal Reply with quote

no, i don't have a lawyer, but so far the conditions are really wide open, they're a branch of a bigger label, they will make the production of three songs, again, they warned me i may not like the change of direction, i only have to sign that they would move that demos for a minimum of four months and i can quit after six months with all the rights on my songs, if they get me the deal, i would have to name them managers and producers. then, once signed, (they told me i need the demo to be label appealing first) i'll be able to even re-make the demos into a direction i like more and get involved with the production. They say contracts with this label goes for 7 years, and during that time i would be able to direct my work better, counting with them as producers. Besides, it's itself a medium serious label, with some important backstage works. Of course i don't have to pay anything, and i have not signed anything, we're on the ok we more or less agree. i took 15 days to make my decision, as you know i've been discrete and looking for info. The conditions are much better than the older deal i was 5 months ago. that time i was horrified and scared, this time, having talked aobut it, i feel that it's factible, giving away a little bit form my behalf, but at least, doesn't look an abusing deal.

wether my deal goes or not, i got a minideal for some songs for an spectacle with them.

Edited by: yidneth at: 11/6/03 2:19 pm
droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm in the middle of a possible deal Reply with quote

Well, it sounds good, and you seem to be quite prudent. But personally, I would have an entertainment lawyer look at any serious music deal before I signed it.....

But that's just me.....

Lots of luck - I hope it turns out well for you....

yidneth
A Spanish Fairytale

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm in the middle of a possible deal Reply with quote

:)

thanks,

yes I was so prudent that i almost risked to lose this chance you know, i think they're now all wide open that i can expect, the only thing that i doubt is that i can control much the direction of the production at first, :( this is spain, market rules. It's not a deal till i get signed, and this is what is precisely about for precisely, to sign as an artist

then, if i get such chance, i will look for a lawyer

DreamTone7

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 4:07 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

Do yourself a favor and get a lawyer right away.....don't wait!

LarreeMP3

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm in the middle of a possible deal Reply with quote

DO NOT EVER sign a deal without having a legitimate entertainment attorney representing you. And that is no joke.

yidneth
A Spanish Fairytale

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm in the middle of a possible deal Reply with quote

i'm not signing with them

they want to be my producers and managers/attorneys to get such!

yidneth
A Spanish Fairytale

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm in the middle of a possible deal Reply with quote

here in spain even if you only want to make a consult to a lawyer (unless for a judge that they assing you one if you can't pay) you have to pay. I can't pay, if i had to do that right now, i would lose (again, and it's the third time) again, the chance,

and this time i feel something is going quite right

due to my exigences

LarreeMP3

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 4:50 pm    Post subject: Listen. Attorneys cost money everywhere. Reply with quote

Don't blow it by not consulting with one.

The only piece of entertainment industry advice that anyone can give you which is 100% true, is to seek an attorney before inking ANY deal. I mean, SEVEN years? Do you have any idea what they can do to you for seven years? Would you like to hear some horror stories? I grew up in Hollywood. I know a million horror stories. Now, find yourself an attorney.

Edited by: LarreeMP3 at: 11/6/03 4:51 pm
yidneth
A Spanish Fairytale

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Listen, attorneys cost money everywhere. Reply with quote

larree

this deal i'm making it with managers/attorneys, i'm not signing anything till getting a record deal through them, they have really important contacts, and when i say importants, i am meaning really big. I'm not giving, so far, rights on my songs, they're not asking to be intermediates, or editorial rights as often (for earlier approaches), they produce three songs, and i'm only compromised for 4-6 months to move the demos (once they're done), if not, i can quit, it's in the case i get signed with a particular contact of them (a really big one) such 7 years contarct, but that would be with a really important label in spain, if not, i'm not compromised, and it's then when i have to worry about all this legal stuff

pd. i have all my stuff registered at intelectual property, and they know.

i am prudent, i've been so prudent, that i loset two other deals, one of them ended up to be something really interesting i just passed away, I just cannot pay if i want to eat, and here consulting is not like in us, YOU HAVE TO PAY, always, intermediate, after intermediate, that is the deal i'm making with this people, allowing them to represent me to get into a label which from they're a branch of.

if i have a former contract on the table, then i will look for the small letter and i will look for the lawyer, till then, during all the making and possible deal of this, my really worry about is how i'll make my shopping to eat tomorrow, and if the job office will find myself a job. I think there's a chance to record a cd properly out there, almost coming,

i'm not a teenager with a popstar dream and i have many exigences that most labels and so forth are not willing to accept, it's time for me to give up a little bit due to get something really interesting, people that knows me know i am prudent, maybe too much to ever sucess on a deal,

anyway wish me luck

Edited by: yidneth at: 11/6/03 4:58 pm
LarreeMP3

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Listen. Attorneys cost money everywhere. Reply with quote

Listen. These guys may be totally legit, and the deal could be the sweetest deal on Earth. But only an entertainment attorney can tell you that.

And another thing. You are going to need an entertainment attorney just as much, if not more, AFTER you sign the deal. So perhaps you may be able to find an entertainment attorney who will work for you on contingency.

yidneth
A Spanish Fairytale

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Listen. Attorneys cost money everywhere. Reply with quote

they would do it, larree

they wouldn't be my label

they would be my managers/attorneys

after signing

that's what they're asking for

they pay now the production

and only if they get me the deal

they ask to be my official attorneys to sign them as so

i think it's fair

one thing is that i have to give in a little to make a middle-commercial demo out of three of my songs,

once signed they say you have more freedom to re-make as you wish, as they would be named my producers officially too

i don't have a contract

so far it's all on the making

if something happnes

then i'll look for advice in a lawyer before any ballpen signing anything,

total editorial and such things one must sign about would be with the label they get me in, not with them

Edited by: yidneth at: 11/6/03 5:02 pm
LarreeMP3

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 7:07 pm    Post subject: Hey. I'm only trying to help you out. Reply with quote

I've been at this garbage a whole lot longer than you have. I've had more than a few A$$holes stick toilet paper in my face and offer to be my "everything" just for my signature.

Good luck!

LarreeMP3

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Hey. I'm only trying to help you out. Reply with quote

Hey Pris. I'm not trying to diss you in any way. You know I totally wish you the best! I just want you to do the right thing. The smart thing. Every artist should try to have an entertainment attorney on their side wether they are signed or not!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: