MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Speaking of new cameras.. (Digital)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sterling30sg

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 9:17 pm    Post subject: Speaking of new cameras.. (Digital) Reply with quote

This is the beauty I bought a few months ago..

This is the best place to buy it at IMO..

www.dell.com

I bought it mainly because beside Nikon, this is the only camera that still has all glass lenses being the best made that I know of, that being Carl Zeiss optics. It also record to a CD disc that can be placed in you computer for file transfer, the cds can be reused up to 400 times and in vga mode will hold ove 400 pictures. (The besuty of this is you can store the omages on your hard drive if if later you want to increase the pixel density to let;s say 5.0, which is what this camera maxes out at, you always have that option.

And if you are familar with SLR functions, you do have the choices of aperature & shutter priority, as well as full manual control, auto exposure, speed from 100-400 asa as well as 2 video modes. Also a eye level view finder is availible as well as a wide angel lense & 2x lense as options and current setting are approx 28mm to 105mm.

My final cost was about $530 with rebates, discount, ect. And every time I shoot the equivilent of a roll of film, it gets about $10 cheaper.. Digital is definitely the way to go..

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 11:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Speaking of new cameras.. (Digital) Reply with quote

Cute! :me

And where are the pictures? :) ))

Inquiring minds want to be feeded with picture-material here :)

MIKE

Sterling30sg

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 2:50 am    Post subject: Give me a few minutes.. Reply with quote

I've got some really cool shots you'll enjoy..

Sterling30sg

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 3:37 am    Post subject: Here's a dew.. Reply with quote

What I had un mind are some that looks like oil paintings.., they came about using the elements and avalible light.., they'll come a bit later when I fing them but for now you may enjoy a few of these..

Downtown Detroit

Sterling30sg

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 3:42 am    Post subject: Let's try this again.. Reply with quote

Netjams

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 3:47 am    Post subject: Re: Let's try this again.. Reply with quote

Wow

Sterling30sg

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 4:38 am    Post subject: A few others.. Reply with quote

Not sure they're good but here they are..

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: A few others.. Reply with quote

Sweet camera... - can you do video (with audio) clips with it?

Some very creative images there.....

Sterling30sg

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 3:46 pm    Post subject: It could be done I'm sure.. Reply with quote

You can shut off the mic on the camera and sync a soundtrack to it if you wanted too but the better image quality is a very large file, about 30 meg. for 4 minutes or so, you'd need a tripod for it too and with just one lense angle your options would be limited. You probably could still do some decent work with it though if let's say for a music video you could shoot from several different angles, band willing, and add other footage..., something could be done fairly well I'm sure but it's not realy what this camera was designed for..

There is a much smaller file video mode that can be used but (about 1/10th. the size of the better one..) but the image quality suffers greatly..) but it's easier to access..

I did shoot some gag videos using the smaller file that will give you an idea of what that can do here..

imageevent.com/grek30/screentest

Images are poor for full screen, with the better mode they are very good but again..., the file size is prohibitly large for dial-up users if you're considering putting them on the net.

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: It could be done I'm sure.. Reply with quote

Yeah - well that's what I'm looking for....

I certainly wouldn't expect a "real" video from it, - all I want is something that will create short, fun, spur-of-the moment clips (with sound)......... - to share with friends & family easily via the internet..

Like Chris does with her Canon..

Thanks for the info.......:eyes

Sterling30sg

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 5:19 pm    Post subject: Canon G3 is really cool.. Reply with quote

As are the rest..

This is an interesting photo I think..., if you look closly at at least 3 of the lighted images.., it is as if you can almost see parts of a human faces staring back at you..

Can you see it??

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Canon G3 is really cool.. Reply with quote

Yes.

I see them immediately.

Are you related to Picasso?

Sterling30sg

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 6:18 pm    Post subject: Don't think so.. Reply with quote

The afterlife facinates me though and sometimes I can't help but wonder if what images are projected may in fact be more than just a person's imagination..

I've often shot images through concave glasswork or in some of the most god awful conditions and have have really gotton some astouding results at times..

That's one drawback with digital. My camera of choice has always been a Nikon F2, completely manual and will withstand any weather conditions.. with digital you don't have that luxury.., yet.. You have to be mindful of wet conditions and extreme cold weather or expect trouble..

Now if I had about 5g to part with that may be different but not for now..

Sterling30sg

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 6:32 pm    Post subject: Might as well include this.. Reply with quote

I like this image very much..

PNFA

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 11:12 pm    Post subject: Digicam by Fuji. Reply with quote

Hi,

wow. Now that's exactly my topic, because I'm selling cameras and work with them for about 2, 5 years now.

Sony is on the digi sector very good, but very expensive, because they try to keep their monopole on accumulators and (normally) their 2 types of memorysticks.

Have you heard of the new Fuji cameras? I can really recommend that:

The S7000 is not out yet, but it's got a 6million super ccd (which helps you interpolate to 12million) and a very bright lens with 38-228mm. All options you know from a single lens reflex camera and only costs 900 €.

Or the F700 which is a really innovative camera, because it's got a special chip with light intense and not so light intense pixels, which give the picture an enormous dynamic range.

Uh, I'm not sponsored by Fuji, just fascinated. :eek

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: