MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

We just got back from seeing TWINS and T.A.T.U.!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
debbie mannas

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 4:21 pm    Post subject: omg Reply with quote

Chris, twins sound BLOODY AWFUL. Thank god the tickets were free. Could anyone tell the difference in the audience, or was it perfectly acceptable to sing off key? ugh.

Tatu at least sounded more in tune. but I couldnt see anything on the clips...

cheers!

LarreeMP3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: We just got back from seeing TWINS and T.A.T.U.!! Reply with quote

That was a very entertaining concert review!

HAHAHAHAHA!

Thanks Chris!

:gl

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 5:07 pm    Post subject: We just got back from seeing TWINS and T.A.T.U.!! Reply with quote

This is your roving report bbchris bringing you a news-breaking story:

hahahahahhahaha First off we got a taste of Canto-pop!

TWINS are pretty bad and are representative of Hong Kong's music scene - pretty girls who can hardly dance and sing off-key sometimes - check out this short video clip

The TWINS in action:

Fortunately they only performed for 20 minutes!

Then we had to wait 20 minutes for T.A.T.U. to appear.

Then finally, the dynamic duo appeared and opened up their set with their hit song which is very catchy but I can't remember the name of it now!!

Here's a short 24 second video clip!

After a few songs (and a horrible cover of The Smiths "How Soon is Now" - sung flat and with strained voices) it was enjoyable watching them trying to get members of the local audience to kiss!!

We left after 1/2 hour cause I got really bored with the music but they were fun to watch.

The biggest difference was that TWINS performed to a backing tape but T.A.T.U. had a real band which I so much prefer.

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: We just got back from seeing TWINS and T.A.T.U.!! Reply with quote

Wait till you see Neil Young......with Crazy Horse...

You may not enjoy their stuff, as they come from a different Generation than you......

But knowing what an open mind you have, I think you'll appreciate the soul and passion in their hearts......

As opposed to TWINS and T.A.T.U.........(I don't wanna put them down......).......

Different Worlds.....

You span them well.........

memphis mike

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 11:51 pm    Post subject: Re: We just got back from seeing TWINS and T.A.T.U.!! Reply with quote

Neil Young is timeless...good is good..bad is bad...

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 1:19 am    Post subject: Re: omg Reply with quote

hahahaha Debbie!! I don't know anyone who paid for tickets!! We gave our tickets to some kids outside when we left... We were on TV dancing at Prince's concert but I can assure everyone that we weren't dancing to Twins!! :aua

Twins were interesting.... They did sing better than Karen Mok hahahahahaa Even my cat can sing better than Karen Mok hahahaha But they were doing simple dance routines and getting really breathless- breathing heavily on their mikes, then 1/2way thru said it's because they are wearing high-heels and can't dance in them?!?!?!? What/!?!? I thought it looked like they were wearing cow costumes! hahaa At least they didn't turn up in school uniforms - I mean - that's an outrageous thing to wear at a gig! :wgrin

Debbie - you should know by now, the general public in HK, are moved by dancing and good looks. Singing off-key is acceptable. That's why I said no to being a Canto-pop star.. .. I don't do dance routines hahahaa :banana

It was funny to see the audience go far madder and far noisier for TATU than Twins. Twins played up the 'lesbian' aspect by touching each other and 'kissing' etc. The audience went mad each time! hahahahahahaa That Smiths song they did sing terribly but all the other songs they were fine.

Neil Young - hmmm - I hope he will be good.

|Talk Soup |

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 1:28 am    Post subject: Re: omg Reply with quote

Neil Young will be good.....

But I'm not sure that you will enjoy his Musical style...... - and that's ok..

(Different Worlds......different mind-sets......)

But he's a lovely Guy.....- a Heart as big as the Universe....

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 1:40 am    Post subject: Re: omg Reply with quote

Actually - I've even heard Neil sing off-key a bit.......

Actually - a lot..........

But the guy has SO much Passion, and Restraint, and Strength, and Love....- that it sounds good......

ack....

personal taste......

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 3:36 am    Post subject: Re: omg Reply with quote

It's OK to sing off-key a few times with passion ala Bob Dylan hahahaha Although I never heard Kurt Cobain do it, Im guessing he must have.

When it comes to meaningless pop, the minimum requirement should be singing on-key, IMHO :banana

|Talk Soup |

debbie mannas

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 8:39 am    Post subject: I dont know Reply with quote

I guess to miss a few notes here and there is acceptable, but unsteady and consistently flat voices tick me off, and if the songs are mediocre or worse, grrrrrrr. But it would seem that looks count for more.

There are MILLIONS of talented people/performers out there, why must we suffer mediocrity???

:warrior

:ww

KristinaBode

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: I dont know Reply with quote

interesting

I don't know TWINS

I know Tatu but the song the performed in the video is ... not the sound I hear normally

Tatu performed here in Germany too but the tickets were to expensive for me

GEMINI

LarreeMP3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: I dont know Reply with quote

Quote:
There are MILLIONS of talented people/performers out there, why must we suffer mediocrity???

That is an EASY question to answer! The labels are only looking for art that will appeal to a mass audience. Knowing that art is subjective, and that art can only be determined good or bad by an individual, the labels look for the most generic art they can find.

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: I dont know Reply with quote

Twins are a HK thing Kristina, that's why you've not heard of them!! hahahahahah

I think you will recognise the song in this video clip...

And the WHOLE concert was Free! Thanks to the HK Government who will take the money from HK taxpayers so really thanks to people like me & Debbie :l

|Talk Soup |

KristinaBode

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: I dont know Reply with quote

I saw the video but couldn't recognize the song...

GEMINI

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 4:27 am    Post subject: Re: We just got back from seeing TWINS and T.A.T.U.!! Reply with quote

Not familiar with TWINS, of course - but TATU was hyped pretty heavy this year and appeared on quite a few US television shows.

I think with TATU the big draw is the "kissing girls" factor - it gets the guys in the audience hooting & hollering for sure, lol. But I think that's becoming passe - Brittney/Madonna probably help to make it more "been there, done that"!

They are an interesting act - I'd see them for free, but I don't expect them to be a long-lasting one.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: