MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

MikeyJ. I have a MAJOR beef with you over your...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: MikeyJ. I have a MAJOR beef with you over your... Reply with quote

Larree, I'm probably speaking out of turn here, but doesn't this sort of personal-level thing really belong to private off-the-board email where it can be better handled?

===

By the way of an IMHO for what someone may have said - It's my thinking that people should be allowed to say things with which I might strongly disagree, view as just outright dumb and/or that I would find morally reprehensible. I don't believe silencing or censoring such folks would be a laudable goal. Thats just my thinking, but it's worked pretty well so far.

Ron

LarreeMP3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 7:15 pm    Post subject: No. Everyone NEEDS to know... Reply with quote

...what Pauline is really all about.

LarreeMP3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 7:52 pm    Post subject: MikeyJ. I have a MAJOR beef with you over your... Reply with quote

...worthless excuse for a business partner.

I am dedicating myself to bringing your OMD business down unless Pauline apologizes to Simone AND the entire gay and transgender community for her lame, hateful, insensitive remarks.

I plan on posting her remarks all over the net on EVERY gay and alternative lifestyle music site with links to GMM. Get ready for a MAJOR protest against your business if she doesn't apologize.

Late.

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: No. Everyone NEEDS to know... Reply with quote

Quote:
No. Everyone NEEDS to know...

----------------

...what Pauline is really all about.

I agree with you - without getting into what anyone "is all about" - to the basic end, Larree, but disagree on the means. It is self-exposure that eventually brings down the bad ideas by themselves, not suppression.

Everyone is welcome to an opinion, and welcome to express it. People have their say and they get the brickbats and/or the flowers. If I call for censoring those whose sociological, political, other views I find distasteful, then that same censorship also applies to the views that I support. That's not a trade-off I'd go for. Life is a two-way street and opposing opinions very usually zoom by in both directions.

LarreeMP3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 8:02 pm    Post subject: She is the co-owner of an OMD. Reply with quote

People NEED to know what she's about before willingly parting with their money to support the likes of her. I am gonna spread her hateful words far and wide.

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: She is the co-owner of an OMD. Reply with quote

Quote:
She is the co-owner of an OMD.

So therefore she cannot express a thought/opinion that might upset someone?

Quote:
I am gonna spread her hateful words far and wide.

Larree, it's been my experience that such vendettas usually are taken more as illustrative of the 'spreaders' personal issues rather than the 'spreadee's'.

But just a few thoughts - is that how you believe people who disagree with you should behave or - if the roles are reversed - would you rather they just tell you that you're wrong, they find your opinion distasteful & then they skip any vendetta?

Secondly, if you feel the need to confront someone and won't do it with a person-2-person email, why not do the public thing on their "turf" or the spot where you took offense? Don't Mike, Chris and the usual suspects that gather here really deserve better use of these digs?

I'm not saying your critique is wrong or invalid, Larree. However, your strategy looks to be both.

LarreeMP3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 9:53 pm    Post subject: Re: She is the co-owner of an OMD. Reply with quote

I have no issues. I'm defending a friend.

And I firmly believe that I am doing the RIGHT thing here, ESPECIALLY since MikeyJ is turning the other way and refusing to accept the FACT that his wonderful partner made some nasty, vile comments about gay people and transgender people.

I'm gonna post her nasty comments and submit the URLs into search engines and linklists everywhere so that the whole world knows that GMM is run by gaybashers.

Edited by: LarreeMP3 at: 10/23/03 10:54 pm
LarreeMP3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: She is the co-owner of an OMD. Reply with quote

There is NOTHING "nasty and vile" about self-defense.

And there is only honor in standing up for a friend.

Pauline owes a lot of people a MAJOR apology. ASAP.

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:14 pm    Post subject: ? Reply with quote

well I am 100% behind GMM.com

To me these comments are of a personal matter not a business matter!!

My musical "hero" was gay.... Freddie Mercury......

I have gay friends........

My girl friends hair dresser is gay.....

I have nothing against who or what people are...... you are what you are.......FULL STOP!!

What ever Pauline says on other boards has nothing to do with GMM.......

GMM is a business with no personal prefference!

Thats my view Lauree.......:)

Paul

CD Single : LOOK AT ME: SOUND CLICK: FAP: GET ME MUSIC: IC-MUSIC

LarreeMP3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:27 pm    Post subject: Re: ? Reply with quote

When you OWN a company you represent it WHEREVER you go. Period. End of story.

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:31 pm    Post subject: Re: ? Reply with quote

Yeah, Geordiefella, and I think it's a tremendous waste of energy for people to go off on tangents....ah, well.

I think most of us have friends and/or family members who are homosexual, but I think the gist here is in accepting that people will have different viewpoints. We can disagree, have at it tooth and nail - whatever, that's life. Censoring or silencing voices I may disagree with just isn't an option, as far as I'm concerned.

The bottom line is I can be content just knowing that I'm right and it's the other guy who's wrong, lol. :bleh Get too far from that with "protesting too much" and it strikes me as having some insecurity of one's own view.

Scott Time

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:33 pm    Post subject: I can't believe the lame comments to Larree here Reply with quote

First off, if somebody from an OMD acted like they were excluding one race from participation, you would all be in agreement with him. Are gays any less deserving ?

"Simone...you are one @#%$ up sick @#%$ that needs to sort out who you really are and get a life

Oh dear does that mean you'll never join GMM as an artist...what a shame

No not a shame cos personally i don't want some sick @#%$ up hermaphrodite like you being conected to my business"

Go ahead and support Pauline for comments like this, it shows how messed up you are.

And bbs are exactly the forum for dealing with this too.

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:34 pm    Post subject: Re: ? Reply with quote

Nope! I dont agree!!

I represent my company everyday......

I wear overalls from 8:00 til 17:30 ( my working hours).....

Do I wear them when I get home or when I go out??? NO!!

This is my time and not the company's time!!

Paul

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: ? Reply with quote

Scott and Ron! I didnt get to read your posts before I posted....

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:43 pm    Post subject: Re: ? Reply with quote

I dont know where the posts are and have not read them...... However I still back GMM........ It was not GMM who posted the comments....!!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: