MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

I have a gig this sunday, and i'll have to manage alone LOL!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DreamTone7

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 10:26 am    Post subject: re Reply with quote

Best of luck, and see if you can find someone to play bass. I'd say that's even more important than guitar if it's a keyboard/vocals thing.

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

Best of luck... very brave of you :)

Paul

CD Single : LOOK AT ME: SOUND CLICK: FAP: GET ME MUSIC: IC-MUSIC

yidneth
A Spanish Fairytale

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 11:03 am    Post subject: I have a gig this sunday, and i'll have to manage alone LOL! Reply with quote

I found a guitarrist but now it's out of the plan soo....

turning desesparetely all my tunes into piano ballads, i'll defend my songs myself quietly sat down in front of my keyboard, :) . I just hope to have all the material i need. :)

I'm waiting till it's confirmed but I think it's for sure cos i'm on the poster outside the bar LOL for sunday's performance LOL hahaha.

so back on practising

and wish me luck!!

Pris

yidneth
A Spanish Fairytale

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

well i don't know anyonw that play bass, and besides it's only a few days left, so me and my piano will have to manage

thanks for the advice, but i live in the canaries :) ) no bands or rock bands around

besides there would not be time to practise already

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: I have a gig this sunday, and i'll have to manage alone Reply with quote

WOW!! That's very cool Pris!! I'm sure you'll be great. The experience playing solo is amazing - you get a good boost of self-confidence. Just remember to HAVE FUN!! :banana

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

KristinaBode

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: I have a gig this sunday, and i'll have to manage alone Reply with quote

I wish you all the best Pris!!

You will made it!!

GEMINI

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: I have a gig this sunday, and i'll have to manage alone Reply with quote

Stick to your keyboard and forget inviting new guitarists or bass players on the last day, since you obviously know nobody for a longer time and therefore they don't know your music and character. The outcome can be a catastrophe... even with very experienced players.

Good luck! :D ;) ;) :me

MIKE

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: I have a gig this sunday, and i'll have to manage alone Reply with quote

I have a feeling you can sound quite good solo....

You have good ears, and an outstanding voice.....

Have fun... - I'll be thinking about you and sending good vibes your way.....(I'll make you laugh while you're singing.....;) .....)

yidneth
A Spanish Fairytale

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: I have a gig this sunday, and i'll have to manage alone Reply with quote

thanks Mike :) )

it's a songwritter conner, for band performances they do it on thursday , so most of the songwritters go alone with the guitar, i think it's perfectly valid if i play keys :) , i had a tough while remembering how to play leaves, and build the bass lines to play i think with dulcitar :) ) hahhaha and well it's funny

besides all the "interviews" with local guitarrists lately has been, i'm suppa suppa great, looks at what i can do (messy chords) and well play this song, no that's too easy (but not a single note of what i want to listen, and i'm not very exigent LOL, so yes i think i'll stick to myself) :)

simplicity sometimes can reach deeper, i'm not ashamed to bring there the songs in a simple way

the problem is that is spanish public and my songs are mostly in english, thus i'll sing three spanish songs two more besides sueƱo, and i'm working hard to end at least a live version of them :) )

thanks for your encouragement

I think I CAN :) )

THAT'S the toughest part of the way, isn't it?

yidneth
A Spanish Fairytale

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 11:46 am    Post subject: well, err Reply with quote

it's confirmed i'll act on sunday, but only for this time only, i know i'll do ok, my way but ok, i'm not scared at all, and i will try to give my best to demonstrate some people in this bananaland, that we indie artists are not artist they can play with, i mean, i was told to be payed certain quantity, and that they put equipment, now i have to rent some stuff, on my costs, and i'm not payed at all, well i'm payed less than what i need to buy some plugs and stuff, that is an ashaming jokingly quantity , and if it werent i had invited my friends, i would leave this people without actuation on sunday, really.

why here they think we want to promo for free, and they're making US A FAVOUR for letting us sining up there, if i would like to do that, i would go to a karaoke!

I'm really upset but anyway , what's done is done, once to learn.

i got a gig for next february in La Palma, :) mike, the major from Santa cruz will pay me to act in LA BAJADA DE LA vIRGEN :) )) our popular festival each 5 years :) ) just in case you're around there by that time :) ), and they'll pay LOL

Hugs

SwanSpirit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: well, err Reply with quote

YOU will be great Pris...... I have the utmost confidence in you .....

Love and HUGS

Swannie

Anyways, nobody liked Stravinsky when he
performed The Rite of Spring for the first time, they all thought he sucked as a composer, he still couldn't care less what the general populace thought of his music, if you the creator are happy with your music... that's all that should matter, isn't it?

Stuart Mitchell

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 1:11 am    Post subject: Re: well, err Reply with quote

After this show Pris, they will be begging for you to come back. Sometimes we have to invest in ourselves to show the people that we are great at entertaining! :banana

|Talk Soup |

debbie mannas

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 8:41 am    Post subject: Way to go! Reply with quote

I'm sure they'll love you. Just let it flow...

:gl

yidneth
A Spanish Fairytale

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 3:34 pm    Post subject: :) Reply with quote

thanks

yes i'll manage :) ))

i don't think it will be too stressing cos it's raining hard in my town :) and besides it's sunday night, it will be cozy little people i guess, but this owner has been unkind and also lied and played and i found out today that not only with me but with every artists that went on there, even did the same to a singer that won the benidorm national contest, so thus i guess they phoned me when it's obvious he hasn't listened to my stuff himself :) he didn't even know what kind of music i was going to do and still doesn't, it used to be a cool place but not anymore, and well he can beg, but without paying after being told to be paid LOL not LOL there :) at least :)

anyway i'll do my best, i have a small but nice repertory :)

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 5:27 am    Post subject: Re: :) Reply with quote

HAVE A GREAT GIG PRIS!!! Will be mentally there for your performance!! :bday

|Talk Soup |

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: