MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Your Opinion??

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 12:57 am    Post subject: Re: Your Opinion?? Reply with quote

I found something about this offer here.

Sounds questionable, if you ask me.

MIKE

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:11 am    Post subject: Re: Your Opinion?? Reply with quote

Thank you, Mike, for that....I owe you one.

And yep....I am asking you. I need good advice from an "Ol' Pro" :lol

Thanks sincerely!!

:bcool

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:21 am    Post subject: Your Opinion?? Reply with quote

Should I or shouldn't I??

Quote:

Hi Mike,

Thanks for returning my e-mail. This is a very special project and one that offers a tremendous amount of promotion and income for your music on a national and international level. If you have additional questions after reading this or before you make a final decision regarding not participating in the project please contact me directly because I very much want to hold you a spot. This is a very real and high profile international campaign and I want you and your music involved.

We have developed a very strong indie music model. This model is structured so that when indie artists collaborate together with name acts in a major music campaign that benefits society the sum is always greater than its parts and that is why the media can provide strong support. By working for the benefit of a major recognized charity (especially one that is affiliated with the United Nations) the music of indie artists interwoven with name acts allows the album to reach a national and European audience. The charity is....

TRICKLE UP

....go to the "What's News" section on the left and click on "Trickle Up to Benefit from Music Cd". The album is set to launch in early spring 2004 and the CD will be available in all 15,500 music outlets across the USA as well as selected countries throughout Europe.

The cost to the artist is similar to a regional radio promotion campaign but this program offers so much more because of the availability of radio and TV advertising and the distribution of your music across North America and Europe.

Your music will receive airplay in the indie, college and NPR radio stations of the following cities:

New York, Boston, Miami, Chicago, St. Louis, Austin, Minneapolis, LA, San Francisco, San Diego, Portland, Seattle, New Orleans, Kansas City, Philadelphia, Detroit, Cleveland, Las Vegas and Oakland.

Media Promotion includes:

- a minimum of three (3) separate broadcasts of a thirty (30) minute infomercial featuring your track to be aired to an audience of not less than four (4) million viewers in one (1) of the targeted cities

- regular, energetic and personal networking with the P.D.s of the radio stations in all target cities will occur with our staff

- contacting arts and entertainment editors at all major newspapers in targeted cities as well as national publications, to solicit feature articles concerning the human interest, the music and/or the charity perspective of the album.

We do not require any publishing rights nor any exclusivity in distribution rather, you are paying for services rendered. You provide the music and you pay for an extremely strong and effective national and international marketing and sales program for your song. We guarantee a minimum of 20,000 albums sold (with payments to you occurring every 3 months from the launch date). The album will be available to all Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy, Borders, Barnes & Nobles, Costco, Tower Records and Circuit City retail stores throughout the country as of the launch date of May 25th, 2003.

We provide the radio stations, the television station promotion, the local newspapers, the record stores the national publications and the high profile charity. This is a terrific opportunity to attain a break-out for your music nationally and internationally and we begin it all out of New York City with you performing in a benefit concert in Manhattan in the early summer 2004 (tentatively May 25th to mid-June 2004).

Mike, I have attached a contract. Please review it with your legal counsel and/or management and/or your advisors and then please contact us. I will give you the necessary contact persons at the charity and I am sure you would like some musician referrals as well.

Availability is very restricted as there is only 6 artists on the album that will be marketed in this fashion, so please respond back to me as soon as you can. I sincerely hope that we can work together on this music project.

Yours truly,

Gerry van den Berg

A&R Director for Fundraising

www.LongLiveMusic.com

:hm :dunno :hm :yeah :hm

:g :hicks :g

Edited by: Seismic Anamoly  at: 10/8/03 2:24 am
bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 2:47 am    Post subject: Re: Your Opinion?? Reply with quote

That is so true that you shouldn't pay upfront for promoting - what incentive does that give the promoter to promote you then? It's a long learning process Seismic.

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: Your Opinion?? Reply with quote

Quote:
...what incentive does that give the promoter to promote you then?

So true...my "HK" connection and partner in music!! :) :thumb

markhewer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 10:58 am    Post subject: Fishy Reply with quote

Seismo,

I got one of those too and wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole!:wtf

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: