MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Is this song good enough for demo, does it need mastering?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 2:53 pm    Post subject: Is this song good enough for demo, does it need mastering? Reply with quote

Hi all!

We've been required to submit a demo CD with songs that have KEYBOARDS on them - this is the best of the lot that we have keyboards on. It's for a big club that wants to hire Thinking out Loud for gigs in Canton, China - good money, so I don't want to blow it.....

I want opinion on the quality of song - everything worth commenting - please comment....

Wedding Song - 192

Thank you so much! :banana

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Is this song good enough for demo, does it need masterin Reply with quote

Mastering almost always helps, imo...

As a matter of fact, if it's feasible, I think you should ask Mike if he can mix AND master from the individual tracks...

Or did you record direct to stereo.. - is this the MD recording you were talking about????

Chris, I guess it's just my personal taste, but I don't think that gravelly voice is flattering to your singing.... - I much prefer your natural voice........

Is this the TYPE of tune that will appeal to your contact at the club?

And why are they asking for a demo, when you already have well recorded stuff on CD? Did they ask for a live recording?

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Is this song good enough for demo, does it need masterin Reply with quote

Thanks for listening Drooly and for responding!

They specifically asked for a song with KEYBOARDS that's why the previous 2 songs don't cut it....

I have to motivate Chris W to extract each track and also I think I've asked Mike enough things to do in one lifetime.......

So happy you like my normal singing voice but the masculine side in me rather likes the attack on this song - its not meant to sound like me - hahahahahaha :banana

|Talk Soup |

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Is this song good enough for demo, does it need masterin Reply with quote

Could you not simply overdub some keyboards onto one of your best tracks on the CD?

It sounds like you really want to put your best foot forward here....

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Is this song good enough for demo, does it need masterin Reply with quote

just downloading now :) .....

Paul

BUSINESS AS USUAL . com GET ME MUSIC . com FAP . com
SOUNDCLICK . com

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Is this song good enough for demo, does it need masterin Reply with quote

Overdub the keyboards - now there's an idea!

Thanks Paul!

|Talk Soup |

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Is this song good enough for demo, does it need masterin Reply with quote

I can only listen with my crapy pc speakers at the mo... my studio gear is still cattled!!:( .....

I think it sounds fine and your voice, at first, I thought strange....but after listening again I think its right, gives the song that raunch that it requires...... My humble opinion anyway:lol

If its any consolation...... A few year back we spent a lot of time and effort getting a "Demo" together to get a 10 week contract in a bar (every thursday).... we took the tape along and the manager listened all of 15 seconds or so and said ok I will see you next thursday.........:auto

Paul

SOUNDCLICK . com

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Is this song good enough for demo, does it need masterin Reply with quote

Paul! hahahahaha Great story! Unfortunately I have to POST the CD to him so wont be able to sell him on my wonderful personality - I am definitely including my photo though :wgrin Thank you so much for listening and glad you like a bit of bbchris raunch! :wgrin

|Talk Soup |

Steve Iannetti
GweiLo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Is this song good enough for demo, does it need masterin Reply with quote

It sounds fine just the way it is.

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Is this song good enough for demo, does it need masterin Reply with quote

SO Steve - would you hire TOL for your club after listening to that demo?

|Talk Soup |

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Is this song good enough for demo, does it need masterin Reply with quote

You's can play at my wedding!! EEEEEEEEEEK!!! oh no have I let the cat out the bag????????? D'oh!!!!

:gl

Only joking!!!! hahaha......

:eyebrow

Paul

SOUNDCLICK . com

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Is this song good enough for demo, does it need masterin Reply with quote

hahahahaahahahaha So when's your wedding date set for? Is everyone from Blah Blah invited? Can we ALL play at your wedding? :wgrin

|Talk Soup |

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Is this song good enough for demo, does it need masterin Reply with quote

Hahahahah yeah that would be good...... Denise wants to get married but I dont!! :) ... I think why spoil a good thing?? :lol 13 years now.........:auto

Paul

SOUNDCLICK . com

Steve Iannetti
GweiLo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Is this song good enough for demo, does it need masterin Reply with quote

Yes.

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Is this song good enough for demo, does it need masterin Reply with quote

I really hope Mike posts his opinion here.....

I'd be very curious to hear it......

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: