MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Online Friends/Enemies
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 10:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Online Friends/Enemies Reply with quote

Yes, I knew that stuff, Seismo - I was just playing with Debbie....

I grew up in a small town in Northern Ontario, Canada.... - surrounded by North American Native Indians.

I saw and experienced first hand what they have been through.

And I have great respect for them.....

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 10:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Online Friends/Enemies Reply with quote

I wonder if Phil will be upset because the thread has moved away from online friends/enemies :bleh

I've met people in real life that I first met online and they generally tend to be very much like their online persona - some are even more amazing in real life, some are taller, blah blah. In fact Debbie & I first met on the mp3.com bb which always tickles us :banana

I don't have time to make enemies - of course people think different to me sometimes on different subjects - that doesn't make them enemies - it makes them people who in my opinion are misguided - but it's not my job to 'correct' them - it's just the way it is - to fester it into hate and other negativity is not my way - sure I've done it in the past but it was never constructive and usually caused me more pain than the other person - we choose everything we do in life - and I choose not to react. I choose friendship and :banana

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 11:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Online Friends/Enemies Reply with quote

Quote:
I wonder if Phil will be upset.....

Who; Phil?? Hell, yeah!! :box :lol :bleh :lol :box

Great analogy, Princess!! It ain't worth the wasted energy...being positive and constructive is a hell of a lot more fun, IMHO.

:bcool

Phil Frazier

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 11:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Online Friends/Enemies Reply with quote

OK off topic but Inwill get back to it after this:

When I was in Canada touring I hooked up with a Native Canadian. A motel there would not let her stay with me in my room.

Racial, religous &/or ethnic discrimination seems to exist in every country towards some group.

I never call Native American or Native Canadians, "Indians". Indians are people from India.

It's easy to make "friends" on the Net. I don't need to list the ways to do that do I? It's also easy to make enemies. One could make that choice and post accordingly. Yet, at times even if one choses to follow rigorous guidlines not to make enemies it can still happen.

Some people are total phonies on the Net. The personality that they portray is not at all how they are off Net. Then there are some who are the same off or on the Net. I feel that one never knows even off the net who is "for real". It takes actual experiences in most cases to know who is or is not "for real".

GetMeMusic

BeSonic

SoundClick

Phil_Frazier2003@hotmail.com

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 12:05 am    Post subject: Re: Online Friends/Enemies Reply with quote

Chris - you said something beautiful while we were having dinner that night in Frankfurt , discussing the "bb philosophy"...

You said "it's not good to make enemies"....

That was wise - really stuck in my mind......

You taught me something that night.

BUT - I tend to ignore my lessons......

hahaha OOOoops....

;)

Edited by: droolymutt at: 9/22/03 1:21 am
bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 12:35 am    Post subject: Re: Online Friends/Enemies Reply with quote

Thanks Seismic & Drooly! :banana

Phil - why is it so important for you to find out who are 'phonies'? I hope I'm not over-stepping the mark when I suggest you have problems in 'real life' with identifying friends?

I find it is possible to be friends with 'real-life phonies' because they are only kidding themselves and are painfully obvious to me (and others!) However I prefer to spend minimum amount of time with those types of people! :banana

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

Phil Frazier

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 2:01 am    Post subject: Re: Online Friends/Enemies Reply with quote

It depends on the defintion of friend &/or enemy doesn't it? No one has defined those yet. I don't have any problem with "friends" or figuring out who is or isn't off Net. I am saying that on the Net it is so much easier to be other than "real". I have experienced that over the years.

We are all strangers. We chose what we want people to know. What do people need to know about us? Some things are just not as simple as some people view them.

GetMeMusic

BeSonic

SoundClick

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 2:23 am    Post subject: Re: Online Friends/Enemies Reply with quote

Simply......Fantastic, Phil!!

Oprah

:yeah :bleh :yeah

:bcool

Phil Frazier

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 3:30 am    Post subject: Re: Online Friends/Enemies Reply with quote

The fact that most on the Boards are musicians and that some are in competition with each other doesn't factor into the topic ever occur to anyone?

GetMeMusic

BeSonic

SoundClick

debbie mannas

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 3:34 am    Post subject: I agree Reply with quote

with Phil.

My definition of a friend is someone who TRULY wishes you well - and is there for you in a crunch. Too many people are your "friends" in anticipation of future returns, or not, if they see they cannot get anything out of you.

You will only know that when you actually need them, or dont think you need them but they offer... and be surprised along the way, heh!

Phil Frazier

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 4:00 am    Post subject: Re: I agree Reply with quote

Yes. Also someone that will stay your friend even through rough times, yours &/or theirs. :yeah

GetMeMusic

BeSonic

SoundClick

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 4:33 am    Post subject: ! Reply with quote

Definition of Friends - there are many and some are more important to us than others. I think a good friend is someone who can listen, (not talk thru you trying to give you advice constantly - that drives me mad), someone who can make me laugh, someone who does/says something unexpectedly nice to me or for me. Because there are different levels of friendship, there are different boundaries. I only just named a couple of the top of my head there. I personally don't expect my friends to be there when I need them - I think that has boundaries anyways - I have a friend who's 7 months pregnant called by another friend at 3am saying she's not such a good friend anymore cause she doesn't go out drinking in the pub anymore ?!?!?!!? Huh??? The pregnant friend had said I'll always be there for you..... Some people! That's an extreme example. Good thread Phil - I'm thinking away here! :banana

Steve Iannetti
GweiLo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: ! Reply with quote

Enemies ? That is such a strong word.

I am sure there are people that dislike me on the net, just as I have a few people that I dislike, but enemies ? I hope not.

Being enemies involves too much energy, you have to actually care about someone to become enemies.

DreamTone7

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 1:59 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

Interesting thread. It would be hard for me to call anyone a "friend" or an "enemy" because of anything said over the net....though it is a great place to get differing perspectives. You just don't know who people are based on what they post.....but you can still care for them as people; friend or not.

I think some people who warm up to another may not like the person as much in person, with the opposite also being true. I've had some friends turn out to be enemies, and some enemies that become my friends. Relationships being one of the most important things in this life, it makes for interesting times.

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: ! Reply with quote

Quote:
Being enemies involves too much energy, you have to actually care about someone to become enemies.

Yup, we're talking a lotta effort and emotional investment there. A waste of both time and energy.

Sometimes you lock horns and bump heads, but that should be nothing more than just a few forgotten stray neurons at log off.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: