MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Another one bites the dust...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 5:29 am    Post subject: Another one bites the dust... Reply with quote

"July 23, 2003

Dear members:

It is with regret that we inform you of the decision by the Tonos Board of Directors to close down Tonos Entertainment Inc.

After 4 years of operation and significant investments by its stockholders, the economic climate has made it impossible to continue operating.

We are exploring ways to keep Tonos going but unless a merger or new investment comes through quickly we will cease operations on September 1st.

In the interim, most of the features on Tonos will continue to work but all of the Industry Opportunities and the A&R drop box will be closed, as will the message boards as of July 23rd, 2003. T-mail will continue to operate and we encourage all the members to trade email address, etc. so that the contacts that have been made through Tonos can continue.

Music that has been submitted to Tonos prior to July 23, 2003 will be listened to, and we will work, as we always have, to have the music heard, considered, and signed by our contacts in the music industry. All A&R selections will be sent to the industry reps in question with the member's personal email addresses and phone numbers included in the packages they receive.

All of the Industry Opportunity Top Picks and A&R Drop Box Finalists and Semifinalists will be posted throughout the month of August on the Tonos Announcements forum of the Message Boards, so you can remain up-to-date on which members have been forwarded in all of the remaining Industry Opportunities and the A&R Drop Box for June and July.

Tonos wishes you all the best of luck. Please keep creating and keep your dreams alive.

Best,

Tonos Entertainment Inc."

I love paying for shitt and getting half of what I paid for....Assholes.

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 6:22 am    Post subject: Re: Another one bites the dust... Reply with quote

TONOS closing!! What a pain for you Seismic!! You only joined up recently right?

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

debbie mannas

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 6:32 am    Post subject: TAXI?? Reply with quote

How strong is TAXI? I am a "link" member - will probably join once Ignition has a CD.

I get some great deals with TAXI, and really good information too. From my experience, they are hands-on guys, I've written to them, for just the odd thing, no real "request", just questions, and they've always responded overnight.

Too bad if you just signed up Mike. Damn.

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: TAXI?? Reply with quote

That's really a shame.....

I thought they had a great vision.... - too bad they couldn't get it to gel.......

They were one of the few OMDs around whose focus was getting indies heard by serious A&R.......most of the others don't seem to have a viable raison d'etre........

Deb, Taxi is somewhat similar, but I'm not sure how effective they are. They're a little pricey also.

And... - I don't think they accept submissions online (they didn't when I was there) - you have to snail-mail hard copies, and there is a per-submission fee.

I dropped them after a brief trial last year.

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: TAXI?? Reply with quote

Got 6 months worth of a one year membership....ho-hum....

And So It Goes....

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: TAXI?? Reply with quote

Seismic... - will you get any sort of reimbursement?

Have you requested one?

If so, how did they respond?

Personally, I would be quite angry in your situation if I wasn't reimbursed........

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: TAXI?? Reply with quote

:lol

Thanks, Drooly.....no reimbursement....and yer right....

I am "quite angry".....putting it mildly.....:D

:bcool

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: TAXI?? Reply with quote

did you ask for one?

I'm really curious to know how they responded.....

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: TAXI?? Reply with quote

Naw....they "politely" let us all know in a separate e-mail that their losses would prevent it...

So basically we paid for their managerial incompetence...

Round and round we go.....

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 12:05 am    Post subject: Re: TAXI?? Reply with quote

This kind of thing really bothers me.

Where businesses founded by people with a lot of money fold, while "legally" stealing money from indies.

The founders should be bankrupted and thrown in jail, before allowing them to steal from people who, in good faith, supported their business......

But no - they will be left nice and cozy, while you and several hundred (or thousand) pay their way, and legal bills.....

This really upsets me a lot....

Two of the main founders are Carole Bayer Sager, and David Foster.... - both people who have made fortunes in the music industry. "Babyface" is also involved.....

They should consider themselves very lucky that I dropped Tonos before they had a chance to screw me, or I would be on a vendetta.......

They should be put on public trial, if they refuse to reimburse.

"Their losses won't allow them" to reimburse you is just legal-speak for "too bad, sucker..."

Meanwhile, they drive their Mercedes, and snorkle caviar, while the indies who gave them all that money have trouble paying the rent..

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 12:09 am    Post subject: Re: TAXI?? Reply with quote

Quote:
"Their losses won't allow them" to reimburse you is just legal-speak for "too bad, sucker..."

You got that right, bro!! I know where I'd like to drive their Mercedes'.....straight up an in to where the sun don't shine, if you catch my drift....:lol

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 6:59 pm    Post subject: Drooly.... Reply with quote

Thought you'd like this...I added a few thoughts in parenthesis...:lol

"July 23, 2003

Hello Tonos Members,

On a personal note, it's with great sadness (I'm crying all the way to the bank!!) that I write this to all of you (suckers) who have helped make Tonos the most friendly, active (incompetent) and collaborative musician community found anywhere.

At this time, although Tonos may be coming to an end, I sincerely hope that the friendships and musical collaborations that have been made here, in this very special community, will live on through the music of our talented members (and if they don't, big frickin' deal, I got my money!!).

I have always believed that talent without opportunity was of little use so Tonos was conceived as a destination for musicians everywhere to come together, to work together, to create together (and for me to get your money and then haul Ass). It was also a new way for aspiring writers and artists to get a chance for their art to be heard by the decision makers in the industry (if you were lucky).

I'm proud of the vision of Tonos (and proud of my new Limo) and I am grateful to all (DAMM grateful!!) of you who together made it a real community (and my checkbook look great!!). I wish you all the best of luck and keep reaching for your dreams (cause your dreams are what make me MONEY, SUCKERS!!)

Sincerely,

Carole Bayer Sager"

How sweet....tha Beotch....

Netjams

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Drooly.... Reply with quote

Hey Drooly you will have your eye back when Mike returns from vacation ;)

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Drooly.... Reply with quote

Netjams - what are you talking about?!?!?! :dunno

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

Netjams

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Drooly.... Reply with quote

I just wanted to see if your here Chris :w

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: