MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Hey Seth.....

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 2:12 pm    Post subject: Hey Seth..... Reply with quote

How did the gigs go?

See any flying panties?

Get any pictures?

sethr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 2:56 am    Post subject: Re: Hey Seth..... Reply with quote

Thanks for asking.

Friday night was great! Packed with very enthusiastic, screaming people. No flying panties...oh well. We're starting to sound really good, now that we have a solid lineup, and everybody is getting used to each other, playing off each other and such. We're suddenly getting better and better gigs, more money, picking up more fans. I'm getting excited.

Saturday brunch was good. Not a whole lot of people (Sunday is the big day for the blues brunch), but we sounded good (acoustic act) and we picked up more fans, sold some more CD's. Saturday night was the all-star jam. It was kinda weird, cause it was in a horrible sounding room. Huge room with probably a 30 foot ceiling. A soundman's nightmare. The crowd was into it, so it was alright. I just hate playing in those conditions. I got to jam with Dickie Bett's bass player, but actually he was not all that great. Weird. He's makin' all the money. Probably he's better in a rehearsed situation. Some people just can't jam blues. The high point was playin' with Little Sammy Davis, a 70 something blues harp player and singer. He was a blast. We did some James Brown and some traditional blues.

The high point of the weekend was Saturday night after the jam, sittin' around listening to James Harman and Johnny Dyer trading crazy stories about their adventures with Big Mama Thornton, Muddy Waters, etc.

Sunday afternoon was the harmonica roundtable with Little Sammy Davis, James Harman, Johnny Dyer and Mark Hummel. These guys are all monsters, so I was kinda freaked out. It went pretty well, the crowd was really into it.

I was whipped by Sunday night.

There were people takin' pictures all weekend. If I get my hands on any, I'll post 'em.

debbie mannas

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 3:04 am    Post subject: I envy you! Reply with quote

If music could allow me to earn my living in HK I'd be doing it full time in a flash!

It sounds brilliant!

"We're starting to sound really good, now that we have a solid lineup, and everybody is getting used to each other, playing off each other and such. "

I know the feeling... we're slowly coming together too, now that we have a solid lineup. Its great!

sethr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 3:51 am    Post subject: Re: I envy you! Reply with quote

If music could allow me to earn my living in HK I'd be doing it full time in a flash!

Me too, Debbie, me too. I have a day job, or I'd have to live in a cardboard box. At our level, especially in blues, the money sucks. I could make more in a wedding band or something like that, but...you know. My biggest heros in blues often play the same places we do, carry in their gear, just like us. They make more but not that much more.

But the feeling ya get when the music's right, well...you know.

debbie mannas

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 4:12 am    Post subject: Yeah Reply with quote

"the feeling you get when the music's right"... I know. Its been a while in coming, but I hope its here... :fg

didja see my post with the video of the band?

pub189.ezboard.com/fmymp3...1939.topic

dyu have one with yours? I'd especially love to see photos of your performances in India. Maybe I'll recognise some people!! (not) :fades

sethr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 4:56 am    Post subject: Re: Yeah Reply with quote

I am checking out your video now. You guys are rockin'. You seem to be having a great time. I know the crowd is. That's really good sound you got there. Very well recorded.

We have nothing on video, but I'd sure like to record something.

Unfortunately, I have no pictures of our performances in India. I think maybe one of the other guys on the tour got some. I'll see if I can find them. They made a board tape of our performance at the Chowdai, but somebody stole it before I could hear it. I was really bummed out-I think we sounded especially good, playing to a crowd like that and all got us pretty into it.

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Hey Seth..... Reply with quote

Hey Seth!! Sounds fabulous!! Stories are great! Wow! Sounds like you are really stoked by it all. I DO hope you get your hand on some photos!! I'm so intrigued!! "Picking up more fans" that's so great. Out of interest, How do you judge that? I know exactly what you mean about some people cannot jam blues - some people CANNOT jam. An interesting revelation. I think people who can jam are musically more adventurous than those who can't/wont! hahahaaha :banana

I on the other hand would NOT like to earn my living by performing music. hahaha Seriously. Doing tours are fun and doing gigs are major fun. I like the business side of music; the publishing and management side for starters!! :dj

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

sethr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Hey Seth..... Reply with quote

"Picking up more fans" that's so great. Out of interest, How do you judge that?

People generally come up and talk to us, especially when they are hearing us for the first time. Lately the enthusiasm level is higher than it used to be. People tell us they are hearing us for the first time, and that they are gonna spread the word. Our crowds are still small enough that we tend to recognize the repeaters. New folks sorta stand out.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: