MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

DRUGS?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
muchness

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 6:33 pm    Post subject: DRUGS? Reply with quote

www.cdbaby.com/cd/goodnightkiss2

"ADDICTION" has more than one worth!

Reviewer: Mary Carpenter

In my travels, I spend quite a bit of time here at CD Baby. I review titles when I am inspired, but never have I given 5 Stars. My occupation centers around the world of addictionology, and I can grant you, these artists are not on any type of deceptive campaign! In the world of addiciton, emotions, nerves and whole lives run quite raw, making it necessary to be honest, with no pretense, in order to get to the truth. You will find that sort of honesty here. So three values, social, theraputic and great music, are offered. "Addicitons" has an extrememly high quality sound, and I must admit, I have fallen for all the songs, even those "unusual" ones !!!! I do believe "Addicition" to be a perfect companion and more importantly, a musical shoulder for (anyone) to lean on. Thanks.

A POWERFUL MUSIC COLLECTION, full of undertanding and wit.

Reviewer: Rebecca Bougious

Our hats are off to the Good Night Kiss Crew and certainly the musicians. The review posted prior to this one sums it up so very well. I however, would like to say a couple of things. Many people believe addiction is a one way ticket to death - this is not always true. Somehow, someway some person, some music, family, "seeing the light" intervenes with the addict in trouble, and it can be anything as long as they click together. So much of today's music is utterly horrible, centering around everything evil and the motto of "take what you can get". I ask, what sort of hand does that extend to the person in trouble? Poison and suicide, plane and simple. Now that I have the "Dark Side" described, which in balance, does appear on this CD: a word or two about the bright side. Sure, this CD is serious, but it is also hilarious in places. Don't get me wrong, addiction is terrible, but applying a permanent solution to a temporary problem is an ultimate waste. I do wonder how the producer(s) managed to achieve such an even tone and general sound quality from so many sources! If you have broadband, by all means listen to it in BB. Also, I do not make light of addiction, but there has to be SOME light in the darkness as a goal, or there would be no progress. Listen to the song "Addicted TO MY PC". It is cute and it is also very appropriate, for just as gambling or any of the other addictions, it can and will consume a person's life. Get this CD, it is well worth it for the musical content, and perhaps a reminder of what is out there waiting for all of us.

www.cdbaby.com/cd/goodnightkiss2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: