MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

What music style do you like ?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lolson

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 12:04 am    Post subject: What music style do you like ? Reply with quote

what style do you like?? :bcool
Rock
hard Rock
Metal / Heavy metal
Thrash metal
something else

Show results

Let there be ®ock

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 12:39 am    Post subject: Re: What music style do you like ? Reply with quote

I dig old people music.

Like the Eagles, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Alice Cooper.

ABBA.

N'Sync.

The Archies.

Hootie and the Blowfish.

Vivaldi.

Bach.

Elvis.

The Wailing Hobos.

LarreeMP3

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 12:46 am    Post subject: What music style do you like ? Reply with quote

Everything from a$$ kickin' rock to bebop jazz.

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 12:48 am    Post subject: Re: What music style do you like ? Reply with quote

Larree - you must dig Django Reinhardt.....

LarreeMP3

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 1:06 am    Post subject: Django is one of about a half-dozen guitarists... Reply with quote

...who kick MY a$$!

And NOBODY kicks my ass...except Django, Les Paul, Joe Pass, Sabicas, and Jerry! Pat Martino kicks my ass, too!

:dang

:gl

LarreeMP3

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 1:08 am    Post subject: Okay... Reply with quote

Frank Zappa kicks my ass.

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 2:04 am    Post subject: Re: Okay... Reply with quote

actually, my all time favourite is Mark Knopfler....

not a speed demon, but I think he's the most melodic, tasteful, and expressive guitarist I've heard....

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 2:07 am    Post subject: Re: Okay... Reply with quote

You guys ever heard Al Dimeola?? He's not too bad...:D

LarreeMP3

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 2:11 am    Post subject: Re: Okay... Reply with quote

I saw Return to Forever live!

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 2:16 am    Post subject: Re: Okay... Reply with quote

Al DiMeola amazes me technically, but doesn't really move me emotionally....

And I really go for the emotional stuff, more than the technical...

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 2:20 am    Post subject: Re: Okay... Reply with quote

example = John Lee Hooker.

The old fart can't play guitar (technically) to save his life.

But DAMN he can make it sound good.....!

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 2:29 am    Post subject: Re: Okay... Reply with quote

We produce some pretty good stuff down here...

"Born in Mississippi, raised up in Tennessee

Born August 22, 1917 on a sharecropper farm south of Clarksdale, Coahoma County, Mississippi close to Highway 49 (Hooker himself has given other dates of birth, - often 1920 and other files say anything between 1912 and 1923). After his death - in his home in Los Altos, California on June 21, 2001 - the Hooker family confirmed his birth date as August 22, 1917. Recent findings by Bob Eagle suggest Hooker was born already in 1912 (information found in the 1920 and 1930 Census / Routledge enumerations outside and in Tutwiler town, Tallahatchie County). John Lee´s mother was Minnie Ramsey (born in Glendora, Miss 1875 or possibly 1880), married to his father (sharecropper and spare-time preacher) William (indexed Wildred) Hooker, who was born in North Carolina around 1871. John had six brothers and four sisters - of which not all survived. Only religious music was allowed in the Hooker family. The family moved to a new farm (the Fewell plantation) at Vance, Miss (again not far from Clarksdale) in circa 1920 (where John said he met Snooky Pryor and Jimmy Lane - later known as Jimmy Rogers). The parents separated in circa 1931 (or according to the Bob Eagle findings much earlier since John´s father was re-married to Anna from Louisiana already in circa 1922). Johnnie, who was the only child leaving with his mother, got a stepfather - William Moore (from Shreveport, Louisiana, no recordings, but a local Clarksdale blues musician). From Moore Johnnie learned tunes like "Pea Vine special", "Rather drink muddy water", "My starter won´t start", "Don´t turn me from your door" and "When my first wife quit me". Hooker claimed Blind Lemon Jefferson came to visit Moore, and he also remembered Blind Blake and Charlie Patton. Around 1928-30 Hooker had started playing the guitar, which he said was given to him by blues singer Tony Hollins, who had courted his sister - and later he got his second from William Moore. Hooker was also influenced by Tommy McClennan and much of Hooker´s greatness may be due to his natural youth mix of gospel and blues."

:dang

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 2:34 am    Post subject: Re: Okay... Reply with quote

Quote:
I saw Return to Forever live!

LARREE!! You lucky putz...

Stanley Clarke ain't bad on Bass, either, eh?? :lol :thumb

Would have loved to have seen that...:yeah

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 3:21 am    Post subject: Re: What music style do you like ? Reply with quote

I've seen Steve Vai! And I like Jeff Beck! And I've seen Pat Methany! I would have loved to seen Stevie Ray Vaughn... Steve Stevens - I like him too. I like rock but I also like ALL kinds of music even jazz & classical. I need music for different moods. I think everyone is like that right?

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 3:59 am    Post subject: Re: What music style do you like ? Reply with quote

Quote:
I would have loved to seen Stevie Ray Vaughn...

Me, too...."Little Sister" is my favorite...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: