MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Would you buy land on the moon???
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mikeyj69

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 4:16 am    Post subject: Re: Would you buy land on the moon??? Reply with quote

If you're interested, here's where the link takes you....

click here...

:bigeyes

Mikey J

Getmemusic.com

Sell your music on Getmemusic.com

Getmemusic.com Messageboard

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 4:26 am    Post subject: Re: Would you buy land on the moon??? Reply with quote

The aliens living on the Dark Side are forming welcoming committees right now...

And Wal-Mart bought up a Prime piece of Crater!!

:aua

debbie mannas

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 4:29 am    Post subject: hilarious Reply with quote

Under FAQs

"What guarantees are there? Will new laws be established?

Well, so far, we are not aware of anyone trying to make them, nor are we aware of anyone who has the jurisdiction to make them.

What the future brings, we do not know...In short, there are no guarantees (except our 30 day money back guarantee of course). No one can see into the future."

Mikeyj69

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 5:13 am    Post subject: Would you buy land on the moon??? Reply with quote

Would you buy land on the moon???

I just got this offer in my inbox.

Heh heh! Do u think I should invest in luner real estate????

:laugh

Mikey J

Getmemusic.com

Sell your music on Getmemusic.com

Getmemusic.com Messageboard

Yj2

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 7:37 am    Post subject: Re: hilarious Reply with quote

Ahem.... I bought 1000 m2 for 24 € last year. But now I have to buy a telescope to take a look at my piece of land.

:bigeyes :eek

Sebastian

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: Would you buy land on the moon??? Reply with quote

Well it's my birthday in October........... :banana

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

Phil Frazier

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: Would you buy land on the moon??? Reply with quote

It is going to be interesting. I suppose the US govt. owns it? Weren't they the first ones on that property and plant a flag?

GetMeMusic

Artistlaunch

1Sound

IntoMusic.co.uk

Sound Click

BeSonic

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: Would you buy land on the moon??? Reply with quote

Nobody "owns" the moon, except of God and the Universe.

We should value space for its own sake, whether or not it benefits humanity in terms of knowledge, leisure time, or Wall Street profits.

Phil Frazier

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: Would you buy land on the moon??? Reply with quote

Nice concept Mike. How about Mars or other planets then?

GetMeMusic

Artistlaunch

1Sound

IntoMusic.co.uk

Sound Click

BeSonic

KristinaBode

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: Would you buy land on the moon??? Reply with quote

Mike is right

We can't sell what we don't have.

Or I can sell the sun for ............. only 100 000 $

So guys send me the money to my account and I send you a paper which says that you are the owner of the sun

GEMINI

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: Would you buy land on the moon??? Reply with quote

Quote:
Nice concept Mike. How about Mars or other planets then?

The spacecraft carrying the U.S. 'ownership' flag for Mars crashed onto the surface, because the engineers confused miles with kilometers (navigation programming).

What does this tell me? :)

A human race being able to unleash atomic power fails, when it comes to describe absolute distance and gravitation.

Ask the best scientists what 'Gravitation' really is/means.

All together will fail.

So will they fail in claiming ownership of ANY planet.

The absolute knowledge is, that you will die no matter if you are rich or poor, you "own" something or not. This is ABSOLUTE true for complete species and populations, but only "assumed" for suns, planets and the Universe, which is full of secrets, which will never be discovered by human beings. Not tomorrow and not in 20 billions of years. It was not the "plan" of the superordinated principle to let humans 'reign' the Universe. This race is too weak and will go away sooner or later... :)

ATomMoo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Would you buy land on the moon??? Reply with quote

Can I clarify something here as I am an American.

We actually occupy the moon.

You see, we once thought "The man:aw " in the moon had WMD's. so we went there back in the late 60's to rid that prime piece of orbiting dust ball of those weapons.

Well, we're still looking, and that is costing us money, so we felt we could sell some land (dust) in the meantime to pay for our troubles!

Hope this clears things up.

I probably shouldn't have said that!:dunno

Signed,

Fed up American!

I should prolly get some sleep.

Atom2

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Would you buy land on the moon??? Reply with quote

Apparantly NO government owns it per a UN treaties, but it did not rule out PRIVATE ownership under certain conditions which this guy says he has met...this "Lunar Embassy" he says he has legally established through UN law...the whole thing is a gigantic FARCE....Mike is right....no one owns any of space...but it will be just like the early explorers on the oceans...I claim this, I claim that....talk about one hell of a mess...:ohno

Quote:
The UN Outer Space Treaty of 1967 stipulated that no government could own extraterrestrial property. However, it neglected to mention individuals and corporations. Therefore, under laws dating back from early US settlers, it is possible to stake a claim for land that has been surveyed and register it with the US Government Office of claim registries. In 1980, that is exactly what Dennis Hope did for land on the Moon and he established the Lunar Embassy to parcel and sell documented acres. The Lunar Embassy was obliged to inform the General Assembly of the United Nations, the US Government, and the Russian Government in writing of the claim and legal intent to sell extraterrestrial properties. These governing bodies had several years in which to contest the claim and they never did. The enabled Mr. Hope to take the next step and copyright his work with the US Copyright registry office and begin selling actual deeds for the land on the Moon.

ATomMoo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Would you buy land on the moon??? Reply with quote

You gotta admit it though, the guy put on one hell of a USO show!

I know somewhere in some thread I said I needed sleep.

Atom2

debbie mannas

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Would you buy land on the moon??? Reply with quote

Imagine, if you "buy land on the moon" - you're paying some axxhole for something HE does not own, to have a piece of paper in your hand saying you "own" land on the moon. And of course if the laws change in the future, there are no guarantees...

cept a 30 day money back return of you dont like the atmosphere on your property any more. hahahahaha :cute

whheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

people will try anything, wont they??

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: