MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Fame?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
debbie mannas

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 8:24 am    Post subject: Fame? Reply with quote

I wanna live forever...

:wgrin

I want to foist my world view of peace on everyone. I can do that by being a pain in the ass on public boards, but I can do it more successfully if I'm phamous...

:gl

:g

Phil Frazier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 8:34 am    Post subject: Fame? Reply with quote

Do you want it? If so, why? If not, why not?

GetMeMusic

Artistlaunch

1Sound

IntoMusic.co.uk

Sound Click

BeSonic

Phil Frazier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: Fame? Reply with quote

You don't feel that there are enough famous people that are speaking out and actively doing things to bring about more peace on our planet?

Can you name 5 famous people that are actively speaking out and doing things to bring more peace? I am thinkinging there are prolly at least 500 but name five, k?

GetMeMusic

Artistlaunch

1Sound

IntoMusic.co.uk

Sound Click

BeSonic

debbie mannas

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 9:03 am    Post subject: peace... Reply with quote

Lennon, Springsteen, Sting, Streisand, Chrissie Hynde, Moby, Geldof, Crow, god there are tons... need to go home and think about some more.

Are there ever enough? Especially in places like India, where you see the same religious tricks playing itself out by dirty politicians... that's why i'm sooooooooooo pissed off with bush - I thought that an educated first world society would see through the crap sprouted by their leaders, unlike a 50% illiterate and poverty stricken third world country.

As we saw with the Dixie Chicks, sometimes you risk your career by being political. Its easier to never let anyone know where you stand, that way you don't offend anyone and everyone loves you. I know folks who have strong anti-war opinions but are to afraid to risk being unpopular by speaking out.

However, as the bush lies debacle steamrolls you'll find lots of people speaking their minds as they find it more acceptable to, just watch.

Scott Time

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 9:12 am    Post subject: Fame really is a m*thaf*cka Reply with quote

but some of us have no choice.

Phil Frazier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: Fame really is a m*thaf*cka Reply with quote

Debbie, you don't feel that there are enough famous people that are speaking out and actively doing things to bring about more peace on our planet and that you are needed?

Scott of course you had a choice. You stated that your goal was to be a famous BB person and that music was not your goal a few years ago. You deliberately set out to to infamous on the BBs. Seems that you succeeded because many people feel that you are a jerk. Now the name FT is synomonous with @#%$.

GetMeMusic

Artistlaunch

1Sound

IntoMusic.co.uk

Sound Click

BeSonic

debbie mannas

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 12:04 pm    Post subject: Oh Absolutely Phil Reply with quote

We are ALL needed. The more people who insist on peaceful solutions, famous or not, the better. Unfortunately much of the world plays follow the leader, and thats where the responsibility lies with fame.

Do you think there are enough people standing up to the corrupt leaders who start wars? What about in our own small neighbourhoods and organisations?

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Fame? Reply with quote

It depends what you are famous for!! Wouldn't want to be famous for giving a blowjob or for being an @#%$.

:wgrin

I think there is no such a thing as an ordinary person - I think this world is FULL OF EXTRA-ORDINARY people and we only hear a tiny % of their good deeds. I am always so happy to hear/read/see about them. And they are there if you look for them and look out for them.

Why we should only think of film stars and singers as famous is indeed a small-minded way of perceiving the world. I never want to be famous for being a singer/musician - hahahaha I have HEAPS more other talents and skills that are equally exciting and I really want to do something hands-on to make a difference to at least 1 person's life.

I don't have to be famous, I love to be loved. Enough about me - back to our regular programming....

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

debbie mannas

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 3:26 pm    Post subject: to be sure, Reply with quote

I do love the audience and performing and SINGING most of all, but I cannot seem to disassociate my social campaigning self from my musical self. Sigh. Sometimes I land myself in trouble with my outspokeness :( I even made a comment during one gig a while ago which only a few people appreciated - so I'm not doing that again in a hurry till I get thicker skin, or am more sure of my audience.

Hey Phil! How about you answer the question...

And everyone else??

Drooly, Rod, Mike, Seismic, Ron, Steve, Galmin... c'mon...

g'nite all.

LarreeMP3

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Fame? Reply with quote

Great David Bowie song. I always turn it up loud and sing along when it comes on the radio!

But seriously, the problem isn't famous people.The problem is the expectations that are placed on famous people. And when EVERYBODY wants something from you... Well, you know... I live in Hollywood. A "famous person" is just another cockroach that wants my parking space!

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Fame? Reply with quote

I much prefer that "Fame" song to Irene Cara's which makes me cringe hahahahahahaa Oh I'm not coming to Hollywood - I don't like cockroaches!!! :stress

|Talk Soup |

LarreeMP3

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re:I'm not coming to Hollywood-I don't like cockroaches!!! Reply with quote

Don't worry! I'll protect you from the cockroaches! I always find good parking spaces! HAHAHAHAHA!

:rollin

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Re:I'm not coming to Hollywood-I don't like cockroaches! Reply with quote

hahahaha Would you believe it but just after I typed that - I went out to the loo and there was a frigging cockroach!! :eek

|Talk Soup |

LarreeMP3

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: cockroach in the loo! Reply with quote

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

It's a sign... It's the Hollywood sign!

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: cockroach in the loo! Reply with quote

hahahaaha Have you heard Madonna's song "Hollywood"? What do you think of it? :banana

|Talk Soup |

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: