MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

For any of you who utilize Peavey equipment (photo heavy)...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: For any of you who utilize Peavey equipment (photo heavy Reply with quote

:D Cool! :D

I play often a Peavey Classic 50, but heavily modified over here for my special needs and taste :)

(That I sound better than I actually play! :lol :lol )

Peavey ROCKS, no doubt about it! :sensational

MIKE

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: For any of you who utilize Peavey equipment (photo heavy Reply with quote

Mike, your play is second to none; you don't need a modified amp to improve it....mine, well....rhythm guitarists are needed too!! :lol

:yeah

LarreeMP3

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 7:21 pm    Post subject: My guitar bro Rusty Russ uses a Peavy Classic 50. Reply with quote

Very nice amp.

I use a Fender Concert or a Johnson Millenium, but I am junking those amps for a new Reverend amp.

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 7:50 pm    Post subject: For any of you who utilize Peavey equipment (photo heavy)... Reply with quote

...thought you might like to see where it is designed and made (mostly), right here in the ol' Hometown...it's made elsewhere too now, of course, but this is the original facility and Home Office...

Come visit and we'll let Hartley buy tha brew...poor boy's only worth about 400 million...not bad for someone who started building Amps in their Daddy's garage when he was 15...

questionnaire

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 11:09 pm    Post subject: Peavey ... Reply with quote

I had a Peavey Deuce for a while. It was always breaking down, and many of my friends had similar experiences. They have a reputation for unreliability, although they sound pretty good when they're working.

Steve H

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 3:08 am    Post subject: Re: Peavey ... Reply with quote

Tough break.

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: For any of you who utilize Peavey equipment (photo heavy Reply with quote

:D I never had a problem with Peavey equipment, but do know from my live experience with others, that especially the tube guitar amps are very sensible for transport.

No flightcase=high risk

They are also sensible for overheating, so it is important, that you don't disturb the airflow on the back of the amp (even the Classic 50 comes with a built in fan system) by placing it too near to the wall or a stage curtain.

As long as you know that and take care about these facts, you don't have a problem.

On the other hand I saw years ago Peavey CS-1000 main amplifiers for P.A. systems dying like flies :lol :lol :lol

questionnaire

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 11:17 am    Post subject: more than one tough break Reply with quote

I said I had a lot of friends who had problems as well as me ... so that would seem to have a pattern to it, wouldn't it? A guy in Newcastle is currently starting to market what will be the best combo in the world, better than the Reverend. It will be selling for between £2,000 and £3,000, so it's very expensive. He's a PhD in electronic engineering who designs and supplies very expensive tube hi-fi amps for the corporations, and he has been repairing guitar amps for years. His opinion of the Peavey range, along with the new Fenders and most other production amps, is that they are cheap crap made out of circuit-borads rather than proper wiring. Just his opinion, though.

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: more than one tough break Reply with quote

Quote:
...what will be the best combo in the world...

Just his opinion, also, I assume.

But that's just my opinion.

LarreeMP3

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 1:51 pm    Post subject: Have you played through a Reverend? Reply with quote

They are the best amps out there right now!

questionnaire

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 11:20 pm    Post subject: Yes I have. Reply with quote

I tried a Hellhound that a friend of mine brought over from Canada. Good, the best of the cheap amps, and it's not circuit-boards although the wiring and the other materials aren't top quality. Good for rock and country, but for my more jazz-flavoured style I still prefer my 335 through a Fender Twin.

This, however, is a Rolls-Royce:

www.maughanamps.com

They might sink if Bernard can't bring the price down, but they're definitely the best and most versatile I've heard, and the materials are so good they should last a lifetime.

Another Newcastle guy worth looking at is Tony Burns. He imported two of Leo Fender's old hand-winding machines and makes replacement pick-ups - 4.5 stars out of 5 in Guitarist magazine and Mark Knopfler, Chris Rea and whoever plays guitar with Kelly Rowland are his first big-name customers. I was his first customer, and to me they sound better than the originals. His contact details are on our website at www.thequestionnaires.com

LarreeMP3

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 11:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Yes I have. Reply with quote

I played through one at a music store in Santa Monica and loved it! The guitars are really cool, too!

Thank you for that link!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: