MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

PHOTOS FROM OUR HARD ROCK FOR SARS KIDS TOO...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 2:21 am    Post subject: Re: HARDROCKING FOR SARS KIDS TOO... Reply with quote

Good sampler photos Debbie!

I'm thinking I better get to one of your gigs and take an 'in-focus' shot of you guys!! hahahahahahaaha

Have to agree the lighting is crap at the Hard Rock!

Just saw that you played after King Lychee!!!

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

debbie mannas

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 3:15 am    Post subject: PHOTOS FROM OUR HARD ROCK FOR SARS KIDS TOO... Reply with quote

We did ours at the Hard Rock Cafe on the Saturday. My God, did we have a WHALE of a time. The proceeds and donations go to a fund to help kids orphaned by SARS. You can read about it at Tommy's site via our link...

www.heisha.net/Heisha_gigs.html

Meantime, the lighting was not as good as 48th street so these pics are crap - will post more when I get em off John's or Colin's cameras.

And here are some from the previous night at 48th Street. I tell ya there's some energy here, its a great band, and we're enjoying the music. That's the way it ought to be, int it??

Cheers!

MORE PICS AVAILABLE AT:

www.heisha.net

xxx

Edited by: debbie mannas at: 6/9/03 11:31 am
RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 3:30 am    Post subject: Re: HARDROCKING FOR SARS KIDS TOO... Reply with quote

It's sure looks like you folks had a lotta fun, Debbie; you certainly have that wonderful smile going strong!

Good work!

Ron

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 3:40 am    Post subject: Re: HARDROCKING FOR SARS KIDS TOO... Reply with quote

:thumb

Many, many kudos to you and your band, babe...great cause....

rod steel global

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 7:23 am    Post subject: Re: HARDROCKING FOR SARS KIDS TOO... Reply with quote

:yo :ily :t :banana

®od

{SulkSteel's Blog} {Export Music Sweden} {My Jukebox= Lofi | Hifi}

debbie mannas

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 8:57 am    Post subject: wheeeeeeeeeeeeee Reply with quote

Ron, Seismic, Rod! Thanks so much! :kizz Yeah, when I'm enjoying myself and the audience is great, I can't stop grinning hehehe.

Chris! yes, some infocus shots would be wonderful hahahaha. Although god knows what I'd look like in infocus shots! I love the shot of Colin against the HR logo. Maybe it would lose its charm if it were in focus! hahahahahaha

Yes, we played after King Lychee's ONE song. Mysteriously, when they started playing the base amp blew, they were not satisfied with the alternative, packed up and left. Ron T the got the base amp wired up through the keyboard amp, and did some other stuff, till it worked to John's satisfaction, and we started on time. I'd never heard King Lychee before.

Most of the tables in front and immediately to the side of the stage were occupied, and they STAYED! I even got some response and laughs... that's always good! hehe. Two Tonnes played after us.

All in all it was a great weekend. We play the Wanch this Friday.

Where's GAVIN?? He promised to show up!

Cheers

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: wheeeeeeeeeeeeee Reply with quote

utterly luvverly Debbers.............!!!!

Looks like you had a blast......!!!

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: PHOTOS FROM OUR HARD ROCK FOR SARS KIDS TOO... Reply with quote

The pictures are a bit digital.....

...but they DO have athmosphere though

I like them! Good to see that you have fun! :D

Not bad, really. Reminds me somehow for a MTV unplugged session :D

This one is a good 'action' pic...

What are you searching there? :lol

Suggestion: The next time you play in a club with bad lighting, don't use a digital camera... use a "normal" one instead, disable the flash, set the film sensibility to 800ASA but put in a 400ASA film. You may be surprised. :)

MIKE

debbie mannas

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 12:39 pm    Post subject: hehehehe Reply with quote

Yeah, none of us ever stay still. Often I get off stage and harass the audience and jump up and down. I need to get a good cordless mike. I love my SM 57 - only used the Beta 87A once cause of the need for phantom power. How much can one expect to pay for a cordless SM 57? Its like my mike for all seasons :D

Colin and John both have cordless guitars and they have been known to wander around, even OUTSIDE the venue, to check out the sound from the road, hehehehe.

As for Harold, if he could leap off his drums, he would - he's that much fun to watch.

In some venues the monitors are right in front of you, effectively restricting movement. Tut.

:D :D :D

debbie mannas

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 1:14 pm    Post subject: Yeah Reply with quote

The guys I play with are seriously good musicians. I mean, seriously. Its FANTASTIC when you have a tight band anticipating each other, listening, emoting, and just all in all appreciating each others talents. I really love listening to each of them individually, feeding off the energy and enjoyment. It's great.

Have a great day

d

Edited by: debbie mannas at: 6/9/03 2:15 pm
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: