MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

50 bucks and a white 71" Ford Taunus
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 4:09 pm    Post subject: 50 bucks and a white 71" Ford Taunus Reply with quote

The new so called "Catch and Release" Program by the U.S.

Navy for Taliban activists:

MIKE

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: 50 bucks and a white 71" Ford Taunus Reply with quote

hey.... - that looks like my car.......

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: 50 bucks and a white 71" Ford Taunus Reply with quote

(heh - not really - I drive a Porshe....)

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: 50 bucks and a white 71" Ford Taunus Reply with quote

If it's a '71 model, it would lay down rubber just about like that...those were the good ol' days of 500 horsepower right off the assembly line and 25 cent-per-gallon gasoline....my first was a 1970 Chevelle SS 396...it only had 350 horses, but it would run like a Bat out of Hell...not off a Carrier Deck, however!! :lol

My dream car has always been a 911 Targa Turbo...just plain exquisite!! Professor Porsche is Da Man!!

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: 50 bucks and a white 71" Ford Taunus Reply with quote

Ha - I remember those Chevelle 396's - 350 hp stock.

My buddy had one - Forest Green, Hurst 4-speed on the floor, 6-pack carbeurator, Thrush mufflers, big fat Michelin slicks on the jacked-up back, real mags...... He made that puppy squeal like a stuck pig when the pavement was hot.....

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: 50 bucks and a white 71" Ford Taunus Reply with quote

<<50 bucks and a white 71" Ford Taunus>>

Hey, that sounds like a quick summary of my first sexual experience..hmmmm...:larree

Netjams

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 1:14 am    Post subject: Re: 50 bucks and a white 71" Ford Taunus Reply with quote

Funny picture but they didn't build a torus in 71 :)

I blew the picthure up and took a close look and as far as I can see the Car is a 71 ford Fairlane most of them came equipped with a 302 ci (5.0) V8 motor :)

NutCity.com

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 2:13 am    Post subject: Re: 50 bucks and a white 71" Ford Taunus Reply with quote

Remember Chevy Impalas?

My Dad bought one when I was 16 - I was SO pissed off cause he got a little 6-popper.......

I think it was a 283.....

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 2:26 am    Post subject: Re: 50 bucks and a white 71" Ford Taunus Reply with quote

NJ...you're right..it is a Fairlane...amazing how they could shoehorn those motors into that little body...I well remember a buddy of mine had a 1968 Plymouth Barracuda with a 340 4-barrel in it...it was about the same size as a Volkswagen Beetle...all 4 wheels would literally hop off the ground when you punched it...Airbourne!!!:lol

Drooly...it was a 283...that was a pretty big 6, though...wouldn't you have been in heaven if it had been a 454?? :aw

My vote for the best all around small block American car engine ever made was the Ford 289 they used to put in early Mustangs...man, that little V8 could be modified, and done so cheaply, to crank out 400 horses and in the bat of an eye...it was a fun engine to play with and work on and not expensive...I think it was manufactured in Canada...big block; 454 Chevy....500 horses right off the line....Damn!!

...and your description of your friend's car was right on to mine except mine was Sky Blue with Black stripes and had a 4-barrel Quadrajet carb...those 6-packs were too hard to keep synchronized...

Man....old memories....ain't it great? :)

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 2:26 am    Post subject: Re: 50 bucks and a white 71" Ford Taunus Reply with quote

Dodge Chargers were pretty hot cars, too.

When I was 16, the retail price was 5000 bucks for a fully loaded 440......

Dusters were cool, too.

I remember hitting 120 miles per hour in my friend's yellow 440 Duster on the open highway......

The telephone poles were going by like a picket fence......

We would hit a tiny bump in the road, and the car would become airborne....

Fun......

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 2:30 am    Post subject: Re: 50 bucks and a white 71" Ford Taunus Reply with quote

Nah - best car ever was the Plymouth Valiant slant 6.

A taxi driver here in Montreal put over a million miles on the original motor of one of those puppies.

Ya just can't kill a Plymouth Valiant.

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 3:59 am    Post subject: Re: 50 bucks and a white 71" Ford Taunus Reply with quote

:lol

sethr

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: 50 bucks and a white 71" Ford Taunus Reply with quote

it was a 283...that was a pretty big 6, though

They made a six cylinder 283? Never heard of those. All the 283's I had or knew about were V-8's.

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: 50 bucks and a white 71" Ford Taunus Reply with quote

I'll be damned...you are right...the 6 was a 235...I always thought the 283 was a 6....never worked on one or owned one...

Never too old to learn something new...:)

Netjams

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 12:17 am    Post subject: Re: 50 bucks and a white 71" Ford Taunus Reply with quote

The slant 6 by chrysler lasted so long because they used a cylender bore offset and that is also why it was slanted like that. What the bore offset did was the centerline of the cylender bore was offset from the center of the crankshaft a little to the right, this caused less strain on the piston and also gave higher torque (volvo & Bmw also used this desing later).

HotROds! When I was a kid I had a 69 Dart GTS, it came from the factory with a 383 Bigblock 4bbl and 4 speed. That car was FAST!!

NutCity.com

Edited by: Netjams at: 5/24/03 2:18:48 am
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: