MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

What's your most embarrasing moment in performing live?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 2:40 am    Post subject: What's your most embarrasing moment in performing live? Reply with quote

Just chatted to a friend who had a booger hanging out of her nose during a gig........

I once got so so drunk that I was playing guitar solos on my knees and then after the encore I crawled across the stage, climbed onto the drum kit and did an Animal drum solo........ The worse part was it was all caught on video and 20 people got together the next weekend to laugh at me. I've never got drunk on stage ever again!!!!

The ladies will appreciate this one:

Once at the start to a Sisters gig, as I was opening my handbag to get a guitar pick, a tampon flew up into the air, did a somersault, bounced twice on the stage. I rugby-dived across the stage to catch it. hahahaha Fortunately not many people noticed :banana

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 2:52 am    Post subject: Re: What's your most embarrasing moment in performing live? Reply with quote

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 3:03 am    Post subject: Re: What's your most embarrasing moment in performing live? Reply with quote

:)

One of my more embarrassing moments was,

when I played open air in the green with my band

15 years ago.

The bass player at this time, Mike Debus, was so high on Rum

that he simply fell into the grass... The drummer and I noticed

during the performance, that the bass was missing...

...we looked... nothing... I followed the cable from the amp to the bass-guitar and found our bass-player snoring in the grass :D

The people liked it, but I was soooooooooooooo ashamed :lol :lol

MIKE

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 3:36 am    Post subject: Re: What's your most embarrasing moment in performing live? Reply with quote

hahaha Mike! You :fd

|Talk Soup |

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 3:43 am    Post subject: Re: What's your most embarrasing moment in performing live? Reply with quote

Quote:
I rugby-dived across the stage to catch it.

Now THAT I would have liked to have seen!! :lol :lol

Two GREAT stories....

Mike; be honest...you know you laughed your Arse off, too, didn't you?!! :D

madmaxxb

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 5:42 am    Post subject: live gigs... Reply with quote

I have only ever filled in for mates in bands, but I have heaps of mates back home that I used to go a watch all the time. One mate's band was called "The Flaming Moe's" who were a big covers band in Melbourne, getting over 2,000 people to a gig in pubs and clubs. I used to hang out with the boys in the band rooms, and sidestage.

They used to do a Greenday number "Dumb' I think it was called, and they used to pull someone out of the crowd onto stage to help sing the solo with the lead singer.... The crowd used to real get into this as its a realy pumpy, jump around song. This one time, they pulled a great looking chick up from the front of the stage and intitialy she seemed ok, but it became clear she was totaly drunk, and started lossing it on stage, jumping and running around the stage. The boys tried to catch her (while keeping the song going) but she tripped over, and took out the bass player witha rugby style tackle who (not being a big solid guy) was flung backwards into the drum kit.......

Was the funniest thing I have ever seen, this hot chick tanggled up woith the bass player lying smack in the middle of a disassembled drum kit, with symbols crashesd to the ground, and the drummer jumping for his life... the crowd loved it... and after about 2-3 mins help from the roadies, the bys were back in business....

Rock On.

debbie mannas

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 12:31 pm    Post subject: mine Reply with quote

Chris, the tampon story, a girls worst nightmare. hahahahaha too funny.

I think mine was when I was drinking beer from a glass between songs, I missed my mouth (yes, I have a strange coordination thing going on between hand and mouth hahahaha) and dribbled the beer down my chin and front hahahahaha. I dont think anyone noticed, but after that I only drink straight from the bottle where I can be sure its going in my mouth and nowhere else!

BTW, I have a gig this sunday at 48th street, 45 minutes only, 8:30ish. wheeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Cheers!

d

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: mine Reply with quote

Our other guitarist sometimes plays with his teeth. One night he was wailing on it, the high E string snagged his partial plate which promptly shot out his mouth onto the crowded dance floor.

CRUNCH!!!

He finished the night thinging with a lithp.........

Steve Iannetti
GweiLo

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: mine Reply with quote

I also dropped a tampon from my handbag onto the stage.

Steve Iannetti

size="1"> mp3.com : Artistlaunch : 1Sound : Javamusic :My IX Page : href="http://www.zizzors.com">Official Web Site
href="http://www.carwreckrecords.com">Car Wreck Records : FreeAudioPlayer : IndieLaunch : MP3 Australia : CDbaby

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: What's your most embarrasing moment in performing live? Reply with quote

Come on Seismic - you must have a story!!! :eyebrow

Gav! I wish I'd seen that!! hahhahaa :banana

Debbie!! hahaha Did you ever hear about that all girl band from the States called L7, the bass player PULLED out her tampon and threw it into the audience - that's just GROSS! hahahahahaha 48th street - make sure you bring a bunch of fans with you - force yr friends to go - hahahaha It's great venue to play Go for it Debbie!!! wheeeeeeeeeeeee

Drooly! ohhhh that sounds embarrasing....

STEVE!! Stop LYING!

|Talk Soup |

debbie mannas

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 2:50 pm    Post subject: hahahah Reply with quote

Drooly, that story is straight out of "Something about Mary"...

Steve, LOL! I hope you were wearing sensible shoes at the time.

:gl

Steve Iannetti
GweiLo

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: hahahah Reply with quote

Steve Iannetti

size="1"> mp3.com : Artistlaunch : 1Sound : Javamusic :My IX Page : href="http://www.zizzors.com">Official Web Site
href="http://www.carwreckrecords.com">Car Wreck Records : FreeAudioPlayer : IndieLaunch : MP3 Australia : CDbaby

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: hahahah Reply with quote

Steve.. I am now getting woried about you.:aua

Well it could have been a towel... and flew into the audience :lol

Paul

codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=5,0,0,0" WIDTH=468 HEIGHT=60>

BUSINESS AS USUAL .com BUSINESS AS USUAL. moonfruit BUSINESS AS USUAL mp3.com

BUSINESS AS USUAL @ ampcast GET ME MUSIC.com

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: hahahah Reply with quote

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

OH Good God Sweet Jesus Lord Love a Duck!!!!!!!!!

Steve - I damn near peed myself, ya fweekin' We Todd!!!!!!

Steve Iannetti
GweiLo

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: hahahah Reply with quote

I think I look pretty good, don't you ? hahahahaha

Steve Iannetti

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: