MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

I would like to share with you....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 6:08 pm    Post subject: I would like to share with you.... Reply with quote

this totally irrelevant picture of my Grandfather.

Scared yet????

hahahaha....

did I already post that one here??

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 2:43 am    Post subject: Re: I would like to share with you.... Reply with quote

hahahaha Excellent photo Drooly! Now I know where you're coming from ;) :banana

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: I would like to share with you.... Reply with quote

What a great pic, DM, brings back memories of impromptu kitchen family singfests way back when. (I shoulda scanned a pic of our Mom playing accordian to tag on here!)

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 2:29 am    Post subject: Re: I would like to share with you.... Reply with quote

ahhh - he was a Great ole guy.......

we called him "Puppa"........

He came to Canada from Finland as a young man....:eyes

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 2:35 am    Post subject: Re: I would like to share with you.... Reply with quote

so let's see that picture of your Mom playing accordian, Ron.....

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: I would like to share with you.... Reply with quote

So Drooly, you have Finnish blood???

|Talk Soup |

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: I would like to share with you.... Reply with quote

Half finnish on the Maternal side, on the Paternal side I'm 1/4 Irish and 1/4 Scots....

My direct paternal lineage is Scots.....

I think you're half Chinese and half English, right?

debbie mannas

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 3:29 pm    Post subject: 'ow schweet. Reply with quote

That pic is Drooly!

I remember you telling me you're 1/4th scots. So am I.

we're a mixed bunch arent we! so fantastic!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: 'ow schweet. Reply with quote

Debbers, you look East Indian....

1/4 Scots, huh?

What's the rest? Please expound.......

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: I would like to share with you.... Reply with quote

Yes Drooly I'm half Chinese, half English. Eurasian is one of the names given to us. In Cantonese we are commonly referred to as "mixed blood child" hahahahaha

|Talk Soup |

rod steel global

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: I would like to share with you.... Reply with quote

Finland, ©ool !!

Sulkman (one half of SulkSteel)

lives in Finland.

®od

{SulkSteel's Blog} {Export Music Sweden} {My Jukebox= Lofi | Hifi}

debbie mannas

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 11:49 pm    Post subject: ummmmmmmm Reply with quote

East Indian? ummm possibly - there's a big mix, mostly portuguese there too. Its pretty easy to tell where in India someone is from just from their looks, and then the name confirms it.

Lets see. My maternal grandmother is scottish (and now lives in London). My maternal grandfather is half portuguese half indian. My Paternal grandfather was a mix of indian/english/irish and my paternal grandmother was a mix of indian/english/portuguese. I could swear there's chinese blood in there, but no one is saying. hahahahaha. I am what is called an 'Anglo-Indian' in India.

When I went to bangkok last year, the folks there assumed I was one of them and spoke to me in Thai. Same thing happens with the Malaysian, Indonesian and Philippino community here, and a lot folks assume I'm from there Latin america too.

And me knowing nothing else but english!!! Its a big minus to be so awful at languages. damn.

One day the world will be so mixed no one will care about colour or race or religion anymore - that would be so cool.

:gl

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 12:35 am    Post subject: Re: ummmmmmmm Reply with quote

Quote:
One day the world will be so mixed no one will care about colour or race or religion anymore - that would be so cool.

So true, Slee-pea...

I once read a science fiction novel, set in the 24th century.

The basic premise was about how people had intermingled so much, and cultural barriers had so disapperared, that everyone on the planet had the same colour skin.....and basic physical characteristics...And there was a Global language..

I forget the name of the book, but it was a fascinating, and encouraging, read......

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 1:13 am    Post subject: Re: I would like to share with you.... Reply with quote

LOL - I went through dozens & dozens of cat pics looking for a photo of my Mom tickling the upright ivorys,but no dice. (That "tickling upright ivorys" almost sounds indecent, doesn't it? hahahaa) Ah well, it'll surface later on, I suppose.

I'm not suprised that your Grandpa was Finnish - where there are Scandinavians you'll find accordians, concertinas and fiddles, fur shure!

And those of us in the northern latitudes remember the kitchen was *the* gathering place for music, drinking coffee, discussing the meaning of life and catching up on family skinny. In the chill of winter it was almost always the warmest place in the house, with something baking in the oven to go along with the prerequisite strong Scandinavian-style coffee. Fine memories.

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 1:14 am    Post subject: Re: ummmmmmmm Reply with quote

<I forget the name of the book>

You thinking of "The Lathe Of Heaven", DM?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: