MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

OK, this might sound stupid

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
debbie mannas

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 1:24 am    Post subject: OK, this might sound stupid Reply with quote

But what is a "blog" and why is it called that? I'm guessing its a write up of sorts about/of/from the website subject, but why "blog"????

And how do you do bold, italics, change fonts etc etc on this board? Should you do html code?

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 2:14 am    Post subject: Re: OK, this might sound stupid Reply with quote

A blog is an 'online diary' There are many websites that supply this 'blogging' service. So it automatically gives the date and visitors can post comments on what you've written. Generally they use templates for you to design your layout. They have blogs at 1sound.com

And yeah a few months ago I didn't know what a blog was!! hahaha I also think they are pretty egotistical - hahahahahaa Unless you are a good/funny/interesting writer! Of course you don't have to write about yourself. You can write about anything. The most interesting one I saw was the Iraqi blog during the war.

Yr other question - just above this comment box I type in is a few squares with "B" or "I" or " nderline">U" in them - you highlight the text and click those buttons. Plus next to this comment box is a link called "Using ezPost" which can give you a few other tips!!

|Blah Blah|Talk Soup|Thinking Out Loud|thewireweb
|

rod steel global

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: OK, this might sound stupid Reply with quote

check our Blog :)

not much happening, but it's there

®od

{SulkSteel's Blog} {Export Music Sweden} {SilverSide Station}

debbie mannas

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 12:51 pm    Post subject: HA! Reply with quote

So its like a message board of sorts, wot?

And anyone can post without registering?

Your blog is pretty cool Rod - I suppose you gotta know whats going on :)

Cheers!

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: HA! Reply with quote

Well it's 'sort of' like a message board - apparently the BC Magazine has just found out about them hahahahaha Pick up the latest copy!!! Here's mine I haven't bothered for ages but it actually helped me write the coolgrrrls.com article - which reminds me - time to write another - hahahahahaha :banana

|

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 1:17 am    Post subject: Re: OK, this might sound stupid Reply with quote

<<but why "blog"????>>

It's a contraction of sorts, Debbie: "web log" = blog.

Ron

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 1:34 am    Post subject: Re: OK, this might sound stupid Reply with quote

<<I also think they are pretty egotistical>>

LOL. that's how I see most of 'em! In most cases I think people should get a personal diary to keep instead.

<<The most interesting one I saw was the Iraqi blog during the war.>>

I think that's the "Dear Raed" (reads the same backwards) blog? There's been speculation about wether he was a hoax or not. Hard to tell in the cyberworld where people can be anyone they want. Here's a link to probably the most recent news story on the mysterious fellow:

www.centredaily.com/mld/c...548767.htm

=Ron=

debbie mannas

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 11:47 am    Post subject: hahahahaha Reply with quote

Web Log. Blog. Who would've thought it!!!

You learn something new every day!

:gl

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: hahahahaha Reply with quote

So you started your blog yet? :banana

|

debbie mannas

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 4:43 am    Post subject: Mad or Wot? Reply with quote

I barely have time to BREATHE these days. I haven't updated my site(s) in months. I need help waaaaaaaaaah.

Lets see, full time job, MSc (assignment due 26th May), 2 bands, gym, arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh.

Its all good though :gl

Ugh. gotta go do some reading now :)

Cheers!

d

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 7:12 am    Post subject: Re: Mad or Wot? Reply with quote

hahaha It's all about priorities! :banana

|

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: