MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

It'S OFFICIAL - MADONNA LOVES PROFUSION!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 6:36 am    Post subject: It'S OFFICIAL - MADONNA LOVES PROFUSION! Reply with quote

I just checked out her new album preview at MTV

See track #4! hahahahahahahahahahaha Tony aka Profusion - CONFESS NOW! :banana

|Blah Blah|Talk Soup|Thinking Out Loud|thewireweb
|

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 8:18 pm    Post subject: It'S OFFICIAL - MADONNA LOVES PROFUSION! Reply with quote

Here's another Madonna story for ya, Chris - I'm suprised it refers to her as the "Queen Of Pop" - more like "Queen Mother" to Arvil's Pop Princess! hahahaa!

Ron

=======

Thu 10 Apr 2003 08:56

MADONNA VS PIRACY

Madonna has gone to unprecedented lengths to prevent fans from downloading copies of her new album 'American Life', dotmusic can exclusively reveal.

'American Life', which we heard at a top-secret airing in London last night, is the subject of unprecedented security, as record companies and musicians attempt to confront internet piracy.

A string of Madonna fans have contacted dotmusic in recent days having accessed dummy copies of the album on 'illegal' sites and been confronted with a foul-mouthed tirade.

According to their reports each track is blank, save for the Queen of Pop shouting: "What the f*ck do you think you're doing!"

The tight security has also been reflected within the music press, with promo copies of 'American Life' not expected until around the time of the actual release, on April 21.

Meanwhile, the long-awaited new album was given its first airing in the UK last night, and, fittingly, captures the Queen of Pop wading through a jungle of emotional problems and paranoias.

The tenth studio album was unveiled in the Electric Cinema in Notting Hill to a select audience of media and marketing big-shots and looks set to become regarded as her mid-life crisis record.

'American Life' has been co-produced by French electronic guru Mirwais, who produced much of Madonna's landmark 2000 long-player 'Music' and has co-written all of the new material.

We can report that the album reprises the electro beats and acoustic guitar meanderings of much of 'Music', particularly 'Don't Tell Me', whilst perhaps lacking the immediacy and power of tracks such as 'Music' and 'Impressive Instant'.

The record also finds Madonna in emotional meltdown, as she strives to cope with the multiple issues of international conflict, stardom and the pressures of fame, alongside closer to home dilemmas, such as motherhood, marriage and, significantly, self-obsession and personal insecurities.

Amongst the many questions she asks of herself during the course of the album, 'Jesus Christ' is mentioned on a number of occasions, while forthcoming single 'American Life' features the Queen of Pop throwing the word f*ck around at the chorus.

www.dotmusic.com/news/Apr...s28986.asp

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: It'S OFFICIAL - MADONNA LOVES PROFUSION! Reply with quote

"4. Love Profusion"

:lol :lol :lol :aua :lol :lol :lol

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 2:44 am    Post subject: Re: It'S OFFICIAL - MADONNA LOVES PROFUSION! Reply with quote

Interesting article Ron -

She doesn't throw the word f**K around in "American Life" ??? The chorus is:

American Life

I live the American Dream

You are the best thing I've seen

You are not just a dream

It's a bit hard to throw the 'f**k' word into that one! hahahahahaha That last sentence makes me doubt the rest of the article hahaha Of course now I'm debating whether I should get one of those 'foul-mouthed' tracks - would be GREAT sampled into an electronic track - hahahahahahahaha

|

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 3:49 am    Post subject: Re: It'S OFFICIAL - MADONNA LOVES PROFUSION! Reply with quote

Never heard it, Chris! Couldn't even hum a bar,lol. So you can't go by me!

The area of artistry I think she did superb in was in PR, reinventing, image, playing the public&media, etc. - every musician/entertaner could take a page or two from her book in those areas!

Probably the last release of hers that I liked a lot was "Justify My Love" - that was , what, early 90s? I'm not really a fan of the more recent techno-beat stuff(e.g. "Music").

you could probably get the "Madonna bootleg-cussing" files by looking around abit. Wonder if she has a Cantonese version, hahahahhaaa!!

Ron

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: It'S OFFICIAL - MADONNA LOVES PROFUSION! Reply with quote

hahahaha There's a HK singer called Anita Mui who used to be like the 'local' Madonna - doing the bra-cones bits and being raunchy hahahahahaha

Actually "Justify my Love" is still one of my favourite Madonna tracks - it's very very sensual. I LOVE the video of it. Naughty and very nice! hahahahahahahaha

I like her later stuff too! in TOL, we do a cover of "Beautiful Stranger" that's really indie sounding - I love it. We used to do "Don't Tell Me" but that was quite boring.

I read one of her biographies and she is one smart lady - an EXCELLENT businesswoman. I'm ever so slightly in awe of her. :banana

|

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: