MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Anyone here ever gotten an autograph from somebody famous?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 4:56 pm    Post subject: Anyone here ever gotten an autograph from somebody famous? Reply with quote

I've got:

1. 'Bond' - the 4 trendy girls who play classical pop.

2. Ronnie Corbett - a very short British comedian

3. Colin Hay - solo artist, who used to be in some Australian band called Men at work

Nobody really famous.

I know Jeff Stoll has a ton of autographs, this post is just to tempt him to tell us who he's got! hahahahahahhaahha

Jane Eliz|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Today's Song
|

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone here ever gotten an autograph from somebody famou Reply with quote

Eric Clapton :)

MIKE

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone here ever gotten an autograph from somebody famou Reply with quote

Eric Clapton!?!?!?!?! How? Why? When? :banana

|

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone here ever gotten an autograph from somebody famou Reply with quote

15 years ago my Mom :D worked in a very fine hotel-bar in Frankfurt/Germany as the club manager.

The dress code for the club said 'ties' required.

Eric Clapton entered the club with his whole band in Jeans, no ties and wrong shoes (gym shoes).

So my mom :D told the guys to go away rather quick, not knowing who she sent away :D

An hour later Eric and band showed up in ties... all were laughing and of course my mom :D told Eric about her son who tries to play guitar over some champagne... so he gave her a cool signed picture of him with some personal writings for me :D :)

MIKE

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone here ever gotten an autograph from somebody famou Reply with quote

hahahaha WHAT A GREAT STORY! Your Mum threw out Eric Clapton! hahahahahhahahaha :banana

|

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone here ever gotten an autograph from somebody famou Reply with quote

I have Sting's - on a matchbook cover...

He once visted a Club I used to manage in Old Montreal....

My bass player has John Lennon's... I think his older brother got it somehow when he did "Give Peace a Chance" at the Queen Elizabeth Hotel....

I'm pretty sure it's worth a few drachmas by now...

Edited by: droolymutt at: 10/23/02 8:08:42 pm
Netjams

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 11:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone here ever gotten an autograph from somebody famou Reply with quote

I have one from Bill Gates on a old DOS v3.1 manual

I met him many years ago along with the founder of Lotus123 at a venture capital meeting in Bellevue Wa. I think it was in 84?

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 2:32 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone here ever gotten an autograph from somebody famou Reply with quote

WOW! You boys really do have some FAMOUS autographs! hahahahahhaa Keep the stories coming :D

|

Yj2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone here ever gotten an autograph from somebody famou Reply with quote

Believe it or not:

Paul McCartney and Julian Lennon.

It was in '94 when I've been in London the twentieth time. We had a "Beatles day" and visited such places as Marlybone Station, Saville Road, Abbey Road Studios, etc.

We also took a look at Mr.McCartneys Puplishing Limited. (Just the outside!) And quite by chance they both came out of the door. I got the autographs on my "one day travellers card".

:boink :boink :boink

<b><a href="http://www.mp3.com/yj2">Sebastian</b></A>

LarreeMP3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Autographs Reply with quote

I have Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's autograph on an unused ticket from the game where he broke Wilt Chamberlain's all-time scoring record. I also have Sandy Koufax's autograph that I personally got at a baseball card convention. And I also have a business card with former President Ronald Reagan's autograph. I have many more !!!

LarreeMP3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Your Mum threw out Eric Clapton! Reply with quote

HAHAHA !!! I would've thrown the bum out even if he was wearing a tie !!! :D

dond123

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2002 1:39 am    Post subject: Re: Your Mum threw out Eric Clapton! Reply with quote

We've got:

Harry Chapin sent us a thank you note, and, Luci got a kiss from him, for working on one of his food drives.

Ben Vereen set us a nice thank you note, and, a "Tip" for doing a graphics project for him. Along with the note came a pair of $200each ringside tickets for one of his shows, and, he came over and shook our hands..The tip was worth a lot more then the work he paid for...it was a tiny job!

Not really autographs, but, we used to get a Christmas card every year from the White House. We had one from every year Carter and Reagan held the office.

I got a set of cufflinks from Johnny Mathis, from playing drums on one of his shows...He gives them to every sideman, as a thank you momento

Edited by: dond123 at: 10/25/02 2:43:16 am
bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2002 2:03 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone here ever gotten an autograph from somebody famou Reply with quote

Sebastian!!! WOW! What a coincedence! Now you have given me MORE reasons why I must go back to London! John is my favourite Beatle.

Larree! How tall is Kareem?? :D Who is Sandy Koufax? And why do you have MANY more?? :)

D -->>D ond! WOW! Some very nice celebrities out there judging from your story! :banana

|

DreamTone7

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2002 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone here ever gotten an autograph from somebody famou Reply with quote

Al DiMeola

Remember...Tone begins in the mind.

JazzyHorn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 2:28 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone here ever gotten an autograph from somebody famou Reply with quote

I got a nice signed thank you note from Charles Kuralt (when he was a correspondent for CBS News).

Also, no signature, but I got to shake Dizzy Gillespie's hand and chat with him for a few moments backstage at a gig once. I was in college, so I got all nervous and didn't have much to say, but I tried!

C M cm_mp3@yahoo.com Javamusic Besonic ArtistLaunch mp3.com 1sound IUMA mp3.com.au

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: