MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

What's your favourite cover song that u like to perform?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2002 1:09 am    Post subject: What's your favourite cover song that u like to perform? Reply with quote

Mine is "Sympathy for the Devil" by the Rolling Stones very very closely followed by "Sexual Healing" by Marvin Gaye.

I dance like this on stage :banana

Jane Eliz|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Today's Song
|

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2002 1:51 am    Post subject: Re: What's your favourite cover song that u like to perform? Reply with quote

well, I don't do covers anymore... but it used to be "One of These Nights" - an Eagles tune.

Ever hear it? The guitar work and vocals are heart-breakingly beautiful.

If you haven't heard it, grab it from Kazaa, and give a listen. You won't regret it.

I sincerely hope I can write and produce a song as sweet as that one day...

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2002 2:01 am    Post subject: Re: What's your favourite cover song that u like to perform? Reply with quote

and my second runner-up was "Lady Writer" - Dire Straits...

chris, you play a Strat, so I'm sure you can appreciate the genius in this tune...

more brilliant guitar work....

please, please listen to those two tunes......

sheer musical genius........

PANick11

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2002 4:47 am    Post subject: Re: What's your favourite cover song that u like to perform? Reply with quote

Big Shot In The Dark.......By Timbuk 3..

and

Little Wing...by the one and only J.M.H.

PANick

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2002 6:26 am    Post subject: Re: What's your favourite cover song that u like to perform? Reply with quote

Don't know any of the songs apart from Little Wing! hmm I'll have to check them out.

Drooly - you don't do any covers? Why's that?

|

DreamTone7

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2002 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: What's your favourite cover song that u like to perform? Reply with quote

I generally don't perform covers live unless I'm backing up someone else. But I have done "Slowride" by Foghat, and a few Journey tunes.

drooley, I assume you've heard SRVs cover of Little Wing. I prefer it over the Hendrix version. If you can do that tune justice, you're a better player than me.

Remember...Tone begins in the mind.

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2002 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: What's your favourite cover song that u like to perform? Reply with quote

yes - sure I've heard SRV do Little Wing...

no way I would even try to do that...... - I couldn't even come close..

Stevie had his thing.. - and it was all his own... God rest his talented soul...

I have nothing against doing covers, - I know a lot of them that I play when friends get together, etc...

But for real gigs, I much prefer doing originals. My whole purpose in gigging is to get my songs out there....

Yj2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2002 11:22 pm    Post subject: Re: What's your favourite cover song that u like to perform? Reply with quote

I would like to cover "Say It Ain't So" by Murray Head. Does anyone remember that tune??? :

Sebastian

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2002 4:30 am    Post subject: Re: What's your favourite cover song that u like to perform? Reply with quote

I do.

Nice tune.

He sang thay in quite a high range, if I recall....

Yj2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2002 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: What's your favourite cover song that u like to perform? Reply with quote

Oh yes - very, very high.

I think in the late eighties he had another hit called "One Night In Bangkok". Rather bad!!!

:) :) :)

Sebastian

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2002 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: What's your favourite cover song that u like to perform? Reply with quote

I remember "One Night in Bangkok" also....

I did like the tune, but it seemed like an attempt to be commercial, as opposed to his usual honesty in writing....

But I liked it.

LarreeMP3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2002 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: What's your favourite cover song that u like to perform? Reply with quote

I love playing covers. I have written hundreds of songs, but I have never been one of those guys who says, "I only play original music." My set lists always includes cover songs whenever I play just because... I love the songs !!! I know tons of songs !!!

My current fave covers to play include:

"Piece of My Heart"

"A Day in the Life"

"Satin Doll"

"Child in Time"

When the Music's Over"

"Lucky Man"

"Wild Horses"

"Rocket Man"

...and there are many more !!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2002 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: What's your favourite cover song that u like to perform? Reply with quote

I remember being in Thailand a few years ago and they were playing "One Night in Bangkok" and it's apparently a 'classic' there.........

I like the line "I get my kicks above the waistline, sunshine" :banana

|

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2002 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: What's your favourite cover song that u like to perform? Reply with quote

ya know, Larree, if you're going to play covers, you've really chosen some fine ones there.

The reason I don't play covers live anymore is because I've been doing it for 35 years - ( yeah.. - I'm an old Fart - 47), and I feel it's time to focus on my own stuff. Once a song is written and rehearsed, playing it live is a great way to put the final polish on it.

I know a lot of covers that sound a lot better than anything I've ever written, but playing my songs live will help them get closer to that point.

lol - chris!! - I had forgotten that Murray Head line....! Priceless!!!

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2002 3:39 am    Post subject: Re: What's your favourite cover song that u like to perform? Reply with quote

I like covers cause they introduce new ways of arranging songs to me. Also it's easier to get a crowd going if you play a few songs that they are familiar with. They don't just sit there and watch.

hahahahaha Drooly! I didn't know you were so young! I thought you were like 124 years old! hahahahahahahahaahahaha :banana

|

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: