MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Bob Gatewood Also a Great Writer

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> THE ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phil Frazier

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 12:50 am    Post subject: Bob Gatewood Also a Great Writer Reply with quote

"Phil,I've checked out your songs at MP3.com, and you've got some great tunes

there! I especially like "I Count My Blessings" (which is now at my other

station at mp3.com/stations/basementnoise), "Ramblin Train" (very

nice harmonica!), and "I' ll Start With Me". I've just added the latter to

The American Tradition play list.

In this writer's view Phil Frazier is an artist who reaches out. His music covers more genres than Clear Channels does in most markets. He's good with titles and ideas. He comes equipped with a songwriting sensibility that will carry a song through Nashville, Liverpool or Memphis- and he ain't walkin' in the rain, baby! He brought his Strat.

In touring through the American lanscape on the Frazier Scenic ByWay, we're taking the off road. And, we're stopping at every Waffle Ranch and Honky Tonk on the way in our old red Pickup truck. She's beautiful, she's red, and she'll probably be giving you a lift when your international multi-conglomerate, homogenized, cookie-cuttin', top 40 sampled ass drum loop is stuck in the gully up around the bend!

Phil make's me want to get out in my car and see America, and not on an interstate. But, I digress...

In going through his catalog, I was stopped in my tracks by "I Count My Blessings". The music would have sold any song he wanted to sell. It starts from the top with this kind of lazy, "Clapton/Badge/Harrison" kind of riff, that is as comfy as and old pair of shoes. I could go on about this guitar track. During the verses, it shows the restraint of a rythm guitarist in Ray Charles' Band. The tone is full and reassuring, and from what I can tell, all in one live track. It's so real.

He could have sold a bag of crap with this guitar track.

The song is self explanatory from the title as is de riguer for most of Frazier's work, this time in an appreciation of things Earthly that must be from above.

Editor's note: I do think this track needs to be remixed and remastered. It would make it glow. Some harsh tones in the guitar outro, but keep the 70's sounding vocal eq, it makes it real plaintiff and Head East kind of thing.

Bob Gatewood

Check out Bob's music.

artists.mp3s.com/artists/...ewood.html

Phil Frazier

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 7:57 am    Post subject: Re: Bob Gatewood Also a Great Writer Reply with quote

The lights are on but nobody home?

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Bob Gatewood Also a Great Writer Reply with quote

Bob is one of the best acts on MP3.com as far as I can tell.

Musical tastes are different, but he simply convinces with a tight package (writing/performance/production).

!!!

MIKE

Phil Frazier

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Bob Gatewood Also a Great Writer Reply with quote

Yes he is. I am going to try to help him get a label contract.

My little secret.

www.cbh3.com/mgmt/index.html

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> THE ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: