MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Mike Burn

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> THE ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Addiction

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 6:58 pm    Post subject: Mike Burn Reply with quote

You have mail.

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Mike Burn Reply with quote

I don't have e-mail access for the next hours as I'm on a 'foreign' PC...

But I would lie if I would say it wouldn't be interesting to know what you have wrote.

MIKE

The Addiction

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Mike Burn Reply with quote

You have no reason to be angry with me Mike, I deleted the threads because I didn't think that anyone was reading them. I was going to add new threads. I'm sorry that I deleted them. You did not even give me time enough to answer you back for which you said that I had 8 hours, you also said that you would not delete my forum but instead you post a msg to tell people that I am some bad admin. I did not deserve that Mike. Anyways, my email is only telling you that I'm sorry for the misunderstanding with me delteing the threads.

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Mike Burn Reply with quote

Quote:
...but instead you post a msg to tell people that I am some bad admin...

I think it's a common general rule for messageboard admins, that thread-deletions are the worst which can happen to the people, who took the time to post and answer. What the admin/moderator thinks on a bad day or not.

People loose trust in the board-admin, if something happens like this. Even if only 5 people posted, in fact there were more in the 80's New Wave Forum.

I think this had been initially told to you ("...use your moderator powers wisely...").

A Forum can't be successfully administered with emotions and a whole board can sink faster than expected (some prominent examples in the last time) if moderation fails to keep a cool head.

The administrative crew here is based on 100% trust, otherwise it is bad for the whole thing.

MIKE

The Addiction

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Mike Burn Reply with quote

Ok, now I understand. I didn't know. Don't let our friendship end over me deleting a thread on your msg. board Mike. In the future I know what not to do ok. Like I mentioned before I'm sorry, I made a mistake. Can we get over this? Will we remain friends? That is all up to you now Mike. I have and always will think of you as my friend. :)

P.S. In real life I'm not some freak, I just like to joke around on these boards. :D

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Mike Burn Reply with quote

I am not able to read the e-mail... however I'm sure you were writing about the friendship-factor.

I'm a forgiving person, however the deletion of a entire Forum is something...

I do not intend to start new experiments soon, because there are nearly 450 members in this community.

Think about the following:

In average there are only 80 posts daily (there are days with 300)... BUT the board statistics say that over 1,300 page views occur consuming a bandwidth of nearly 100MB each day.

So... if only 1 or or even 0 people reply, MANY are reading and browsing, using the links provided, bookmark threads.

It's a disappointing experience for users of this board if all is gone from one minute to the other and they ask themselves WHY? ...and f$$$ afterwards...

So let's keep this as memorable history, but I don't hold too much personal grudges.

There is a vibe of disappointment... but well.

MIKE

The Addiction

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Mike Burn Reply with quote

Well, If you want to delete my forum I can understand. I can still post on the other forums and I'll be nice for the future! :D Peace!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> THE ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: