MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

They wouldn't pay me enough

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> THE ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blumberg

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2002 1:22 am    Post subject: They wouldn't pay me enough Reply with quote

zdnet.com.com/2110-1106-945238.html

So I said "no"

;)

Hey, maybe a friend of mine will get his job.

Scott Time

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2002 5:06 am    Post subject: Re: They wouldn't pay me enough Reply with quote

You were next on the list for them to ask, after Rene. ha ha

Blumberg

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2002 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: They wouldn't pay me enough Reply with quote

I hear you got the job. And, you get to work from home too.

I wonder what led up to him quitting???? Did Michael woo him away or did he get sick of Vivendi's crap?

Who knows......

Scott Time

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2002 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: They wouldn't pay me enough Reply with quote

I think Vivendi thinks it bought a lemon cause they just don't know what they got and never will.

LEGALEAGLEMIKE

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2002 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: They wouldn't pay me enough Reply with quote

So Vivendi considers MP3 to be the 6th Major?

Then why the F*&^&*&^*&^* do they send emusic.com flyers with each and every MP3.com Artist CD and why does Windows XP link emusic.com and not Mp3.com equally?

HORSESHIT

Scott Time

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2002 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: They wouldn't pay me enough Reply with quote

Yes, it is. When I think of that meeting we had with SOPHIE in the chatroom, I am filled with rage. The only thing that stops me from taking it out on Vivendi is wondering if that particular SOPHIE made that stuff all up on the spot.

Blumberg

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2002 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: They wouldn't pay me enough Reply with quote

What was the meeting???

realfathertime

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2002 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: They wouldn't pay me enough Reply with quote

Oh, SOPHIE met with about 25 of us from the bbs right after Vivendi took over for questions, to alleviate our concerns. Gave us a big "off-the-record" schpiel about how their office was all thrilled that this big shot seemed to really value the indies. ha ha ha ha I know, it sounds funny now. Simone told me it was a bunch of crap but I was one of the faithful.

Blumberg

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2002 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: They wouldn't pay me enough Reply with quote

I would have believed it sort of, but not by their recent actions.

They are promoting the hell out of the other sites and not mp3.com

The traffic to Rock, Pop is DEAD AS A DOORNAIL and only the visitors are hitting the superstar acts and then leaving the site. Indies are getting left in the dust and my Compilation page was their only hope - I saw that and as proving it as well.

Galmin
The King has spoken!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2002 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: They wouldn't pay me enough Reply with quote

I remember myself being extremely harsh in my scepsis regarding that SOPHIE announcement back when.

Surprise, surprise. ;)

Blumberg

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2002 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: They wouldn't pay me enough Reply with quote

Gosh I would have loved to be a fly on the wall as to why he quit.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> THE ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: