MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Panda Kopanda

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> THE ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jonny Hi Five

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 5:20 pm    Post subject: Panda Kopanda Reply with quote

Belfast-based band into stuff like Death Cab for Cutie, Pavement, Cornelius, stuff like that...

We had a load of songs available on Audiogalaxy RIP, but for now, why not download a home recorded demo of one of our newest songs, "A year and a day", read a rough rough webpage uploaded recently Here, or just hold tight and wait for the debut album...

Panda Boardpanda - This week I am mostly listening to...

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2002 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Panda Kopanda Reply with quote

Hey, thanks for sharing this well performed track in 6/4 !!!! :D

I like this one!!!!!

MIKE

Jonny Hi Five

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2002 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Panda Kopanda Reply with quote

Oh, you like the compound time, then?

Check out "Spell a Happy Face". That's a bit older, and a bit more rockin'.

Panda Boardpanda - This week I am mostly listening to...

yidneth
A Spanish Fairytale

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2002 11:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Panda Kopanda Reply with quote

oh

i loved Panda Kopanda tv series by Hajao Miyazaki

feel nostalgic of those years

Priscilla

i'll give you a listen

wyldscallions

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Panda Kopanda Reply with quote

I didn't realise there was a series. I thought it was just a couple of films. Is there anywhere you can buy copies of it because despite naming ourselves after the film none of us have actually seen it.

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: Panda Kopanda Reply with quote

Hi there!

I just listened to Track 2. What an easy track to listen to :)

So when's the debut album coming?!?!? So you are based in Belfast? Are you gigging a lot?

Chris (back in Hong Kong!)

Jane Eliz
|

wyldscallions

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: Panda Kopanda Reply with quote

Hello and thanks for your kind words.

Yip, we are based in Belfast and have gigged alot around there but venues in the city are of a bad standard and crowds small so we're currently trying to get gigs in mainland Britain and in Dublin. However my brother, Jonny Hi Five (guitar/cello/keyboard) has cleared off to North America for six weeks so we're not gigging for another couple of months.

As for a debut album, we're just trying to save/borrow/steal whatever money we can in order to afford some fancy home recording equipment which I'm not very clued up about. After that it'll be all guns blazing and off to work. We've had a bit of interest from an independent label in Dublin but regardless of label support I'm sure we'll have something out by Spring next year.

Hopefully

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: Panda Kopanda Reply with quote

Belfast's live music scene sounds similar to Hong Kong - small clubs etc.

Best of luck with getting gigs in Dublin/Britain! Keep promoting yourselves and you'll meet tons of people who will probably help you out :)

Stay in touch via this board - (oh you should check out the blah blah board - I posted you a message!)

Chris - back in Hong Kong

Jane Eliz
|

wyldscallions

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Panda Kopanda Reply with quote

Thanks, yeah, I'll be back here every so often I'm sure.

yidneth
A Spanish Fairytale

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Panda Kopanda Reply with quote

there was a series during the eighties

if you liked it

i also recommend you Gibli studies "pompoko"

in the same line

:)

you're welcome

:)

wyldscallions

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 10:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Panda Kopanda Reply with quote

Cool. I'll try my best to get a copy of them.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> THE ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: