MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Alternative Static Youth Online Music Scholarship -UPDATED

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> THE ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlternativeStatic

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2002 4:31 pm    Post subject: Alternative Static Youth Online Music Scholarship -UPDATED Reply with quote

Most who know me know that for the past two years I have been a diehard youth advocate, working primarily in the arenas of youth empowerment and teen suicide prevention. In that spirit, and because I never want a young person to get discouraged in their pursuit of music (as I was when I was young), I want to introduce the Alternative Static Youth Online Music Scholarship.

JavaMusic has come to the table and donated five (5) Espresso memberships toward this scholarship, but it's important to know that there is more to this program than just giving away free memberships on a music site. It is important that the artist community work to sustain itself not only through donations (which are always welcome) but also by becoming a sponsor/mentor to a young someone. Please join with The Alternative Static Foundation in supporting and encouraging our youth worldwide by helping to support this scholarship in whatever way you are able.

Eligibility Requirements:

- applicant must be under the age of 18

- applicant must demonstrate need (i.e., you must have asked your parents)

- applicant must submit an applicant along with a written an essay of 500 words on the topic, "The Music Inside Me"

Scholarship recipients will be required to check in weekly with their adult sponsor, who commits to making him/herself available to answer any questions and help with technical/creative problems throughout the year. In addition, the recipient must commit to working on their music at least two (2) hours per week. This time may be spent writing, learning, rehearsing, recording or promoting, but it must be a sincere effort to help you grow musically. Each recipient must complete and submit a track for a compilation CD that will be sold to raise more money for future scholarships. Finally, when the scholarship recipient completes their own CD, one of the ten (10) CDs that come with their Espresso membership must be sent to Alternative Static for our music library.

Each recipient will receive an Espresso membership at JavaMusic.com, mentorship for the course of the year from an adult musician in their chosen genre and other forms of assistance as available.

If you are interested in more information, or if you would like to donate to the Alternative Static Youth Online Music Scholarship, please visit alternativestatic.com/scholarship.html.

Thanks for your attention.

Michael Yongue

The Alternative Static Foundation, Inc.

endsuicide.com

Donations of musical instruments or equipment (in good working order of course) or unopened music software is also welcome.

Edited by: AlternativeStatic at: 5/12/02 4:43:19 pm
MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2002 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: Alternative Static Youth Online Music Scholarship Reply with quote

How can I support the cause, as I'm NOT under 18??? :D :D :D

Good to see, that people like you are doing something for our youth!!!!!! (Father of two kids speaks here..)

MIKE

AlternativeStatic

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2002 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Alternative Static Youth Online Music Scholarship Reply with quote

Thanks, Mike.

I truly think JavaMusic is working very hard for indie music and that their new changes, though expensive, are a good move for everyone. When I heard that sixteen year old Dj speaking from the heart about the issue and knowing that money would be a problem for him and others like him, it was only natural that Alternative Static do something.

We managed to raise over $1150 in just one day - on a weekend no less! I'm excited about this program and know that it is possible to make a small difference in some young people's lives. And that's how to change the world.

Thank you, Mike. My best to your family.

Micks

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2002 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Alternative Static Youth Online Music Scholarship Reply with quote

Micks - you're one of my modern day heroes.

Chris

AlternativeStatic

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2002 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Alternative Static Youth Online Music Scholarship Reply with quote

:aw

Netjams

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2002 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Alternative Static Youth Online Music Scholarship Reply with quote

Micks I don't see any selfish in your heart! :D

Come Join the Global Music Network @ Ampcast.com

Hosted by Jon Andersen & John Ellis Saturday @ 10:am EST

Chat
Listen

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> THE ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: