MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Hey Mike

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> THE ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Father Time

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:13 am    Post subject: Hey Mike Reply with quote

Gonna get in on our latest unity movement ? You might not like its negative connotations but it's really just about artists not being screwed in general.

I think we're on the right path this time, no exclusionary bullshit, no leading up to an OMD stuff, it's strictly about accumulating numbers of artists to give us some leverage eventually.

Did you see some of the members we have already ? There's a list on the mp3.com bbs.

Oh, I saw your post. Thanks for noticing I was gone, ha ha ha.

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Hey Mike Reply with quote

:wall FT... *ouch*... is there any program/constitution available ??? :ft

I want to make sure WHAT I join, before the mess is there again ;) :we

MIKE

Father Time

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 6:59 pm    Post subject: Oh, I understand. How could I not ? ha ha Reply with quote

Yes, here are the bylaws.

1. Everybody will always be allowed to be a member. Nobody can ever be kicked out.

2. We will never charge a membership fee to join.

3. As a member, you will have no obligation to participate in functions or do squat, for that matter. However, when votes are taken, you will be contacted to place your vote.

3. Our ultimate future goal is a united group of all musicians/artists and those who champion them, for leverage in the big music biz and all the other perks that come with bein' a part of a cool thang.

4. The artist known as Father Time (Scott Stambaugh) is permanently ineligible to become a member of the governing board (This bylaw was added to appease the consensus ha ha).

5. Though open discussion of all issues will always be encouraged, we will have no official projects, and absolutely no official meetings or votes will be allowed to take place until FU reaches a membership goal of 200 peeps.*

*This may be adjusted to a higher number in the future. :)

We want to keep it fun and really, the numbers we get under the FU umbrella are really the only purpose we have for the time being, cause you and I both know we need a dozen boatloads (and I mean aircraft carrier-sized) of members for a unity organization to matter at all. At very most, we might survey members once we reach a certain amount in order to be able to accurately reflect how our membership feels about certain issues. But even that is waaay far away for now.

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Oh, I understand. How could I not ? ha ha Reply with quote

Under these circumstances you should count me in, if I'm still allowed to join :)

.............BUT only because of paragraph #4 of the bylaw :lol :rollin ;)

MIKE

Father Time

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 8:04 pm    Post subject: Alright !!!! Reply with quote

Welcome to FU !! :) And don't be afraid to say it whenever you feel like artists are getting the short end of the stick.

Oh, I might exploit your name for recruiting purposes later, ha ha ha.

MP3Hewer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Alright !!!! Reply with quote

LOL;)

Netjams

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Alright !!!! Reply with quote

Oh I see you got roped Mike.:D

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2002 12:52 am    Post subject: Re: Alright !!!! Reply with quote

:chain :bomb :count

Grrrrrrrrrrr.... (*bumping my head against the wall*)... :larree

I was just a few hours in the studio... and then this... :l

MIKE

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> THE ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: