MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Fallujah finds
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> News / Politics / WAR-Zone
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Galmin
The King has spoken!

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject: Fallujah finds Reply with quote

Any news?

Someone got an update?

Edited the link to go with the new BB

Last edited by Galmin on Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Galmin
The King has spoken!

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Fallujah finds Reply with quote

NRP, who originally reported about "Fallujah findings-vials of sarin gas" has a link on their site about Fallujah "Link to site" were there's a 180 retraction into "....what was actually found were testing kits, used to determine wether sarin gas is present" Here's the "Real Player Link".

Why Real Player? Too embarrassing to type it out on the homepage?

ans

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: yeah! Reply with quote

Yeah, "NRP", that bastion of reactionary ideology! They should be embarrassed. What year did they finally issue the retraction? 2004?

:cute

. . . and I don't know why anybody RealPlayers anything. I don't like 'em

:lamp

Galmin
The King has spoken!

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: yeah! Reply with quote

Quote:
What year did they finally issue the retraction?

It's hard to tell when the RP file actually was linked to the site.

I'd guess it was pretty hard upon the disinformation news, though.

However. It is common practice that a retraction or dementii comes in the same form as the original false information. To only put up an RP-link shows the lack of backbone.

ans

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

Lack of backbone or compassion for the visually-impaired

Galmin
The King has spoken!

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

They didn't seem to care about the visually impaired when breaking the original disinformation. Can we agree on lack of backbone or selective compassion for the visually-impaired?

ans

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

NPR stands for National Public Radio. "All Things Considered" is a radio program aired on NPR. Ann Garrels is a radio correspondent for NPR. NPR reported the story on their "All Things Considered" news broadcast and issued the retraction on the same program. I don't find it unusual that National Public Radio declines to give precedence to the print medium. Plus, to force you and I to LISTEN to the story and the retraction on a REAL PLAYER might give us a measure of compassion for the visually impaired we as readers may never otherwise experience. I wish they'd use WINAMP . . . :D

ans

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

. . . Incidentally, if you insist upon reading the transcript you can buy a copy here:

&xcal_useweights=no">nl.newsbank.com/nl-search...weights=no

ans

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

Odd . . . link didn't take. I'll try again:

&xcal_useweights=no">nl.newsbank.com/nl-search...weights=no

ans

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

Yikes. Stupid internet. Okay, just go here:

www.npr.org/transcripts/

Next, refine your search to Nov. 2004 and key SARIN. Then . . . purchase away . . . :D

Galmin
The King has spoken!

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 7:56 am    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

Quote:
NPR stands for National Public Radio. "All Things Considered" is a radio program aired on NPR. Ann Garrels is a radio correspondent for NPR.

Yes.

Quote:
NPR reported the story on their "All Things Considered" news broadcast and issued the retraction on the same program.

The also had the "deadly sarin found" story up on their homepage in textform when they broke the story. Not as transcript, but as an actual article. All regular PCs will be able to show text and people coming to a site are more inclined to read that text than to find and click on a link to a soundbyte that hopefully will play on your PC.

Quote:
I don't find it unusual that National Public Radio declines to give precedence to the print medium.

I kinda agree (damn) ;) As it happens though, they decided to get the initial story as a print version and then didn't bother to make the retraction in that very same form. Maybe they think that the retraction didn't need as much exposure as the original story? Why make a big noise when telling the truth, especially after having misled the entire nation and even had a printed piece of that falsification on the homepage?

I bet there are a lot of people walking around still today believing WMD or weaponizable material of the mass destrucion kind was found at Fallujah. Speaking of which, were is Ron these days?

Quote:
Plus, to force you and I to LISTEN to the story and the retraction on a REAL PLAYER might give us a measure of compassion for the visually impaired we as readers may never otherwise experience.

It might. We can turn on the radio to get the same experience.

Edited by: Galmin  at: 5/25/06 9:14
ans

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

"They also had the "deadly sarin found" story up on their homepage in textform when they broke the story."

Ah, I see. Hence your concern. It appears the retraction also took place in November of 2004. Unfortuately, burying retractions to sensational stories is a common practice in the liberal press. NPR may have learned this trick from The New York Times. :l

"I bet there are a lot of people walking around still today believing WMD or weaponizable material of the mass destrucion kind was found at Fallujah."

Possibly, tho I suspect since the story and retraction took place so long ago that most of the people who once believed the story have by now long forgotten they ever heard the name "Fallujah" and have gone on to believing stuff they've been told yesterday. Attention spans have withered in the last few decades.

Curse those jump cuts and hand held camera shots :cute

"We can turn on the radio to get the same experience."

IMO turning on the radio gives one a far better experience than turning on a stinky RealPlayer

:lamp

Galmin
The King has spoken!

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

Quote:
Ah, I see. Hence your concern. It appears the retraction also took place in November of 2004. Unfortuately, burying retractions to sensational stories is a common practice in the liberal press.

Burying retractions is not the only common practice in the liberal press, the conservative press or reactionary neo-con press for that matter. The chronic unability to ask questions that matter and only report what you're being spoonfed seems to be another lovely common trait.

ans

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

Maybe so, but to mention the conservative and reactionary press in a thread devoted to NPR runs the risk of bringing out the thread police, who may then chastise us for 'disrespecting' the topic

:boink

Galmin
The King has spoken!

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

NPR being "liberal"? During the Iraq war NPR should have been called radio oval office. John Burnett (NPR) reported the first WMD find on the 4th of August, 2003. The story was killed the day after by Maj. Gen. Stanley McChrystal. Did NPR learn anything from this? Nope.

On April 11, 2003 Fox News reported "Weapons-Grade Plutonium Possibly Found at Iraqi Nuke Complex." Story debunked 4 days later.

This thread is dedicated to the entire press, including NPR, FOXNEWS, Financial Times, CNN, LA Times, and USA Today (who still carry this picture on their homepage:

)

Here's the lovely flash site on Operation Phantom Fury from USA Today. Please note picture #2.

Here's one for the hearing impaired.

Edited by: Galmin  at: 5/25/06 15:32
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> News / Politics / WAR-Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: