MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Bush is a liar and Americans that support him are fascists
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> WARZONE-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Galmin
The King has spoken!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 6:53 am    Post subject: Re: ??? Reply with quote

Quote:
That is, you'll never hear Europeans (for example) denounce their own leaders/criticize themselves and very typically instead portray whatever their home country as a Utopian garden-of-eden.

Of course, it may not be too wise to do be speak out in that part of the world; in France, for example, it's a crime to criticize Chirac - punishable by a massive fine if not imprisonment. What we take for granted and our late-night hosts Leno, Letterman, etc, do on a regular basis - jabs at our leaders - is *verbotten* in much of the world.

At any rate, when people operate from a prejudice, it is very hard to get them to consider that they might not have things as correctly as they assume. That's due the circular nature of prejudice itself, it's a catch-22. We humans often tend to confuse our anger and emotional reactionswith legitimate convictions. I daresay many folks convictions do not at all fare well when looked at in calm, clear logic sans the prejudice.

Ron

Speaking out of bigotry and prejudice, Ron? :eyebrow

debbie mannas

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 7:54 am    Post subject: Shocking!! Reply with quote

Ron and MM bigoted and prejudiced??????????

We all have our moments. Some people resort to petty insults and name calling, with no concrete arguments or point to make, some people cover up their bigotry with condescending platitudes. Some people refuse to see what is happening or simply dont read newspapers that report accurately.

But they remain good people, you must remember that. Through it all, they're still good people and we love them.

:b

NRKofOver

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Shocking!! Reply with quote

Wow, I need to be clearer with my sentiments. I'm nowhere near a Bush supporter, I don't know if that makes me 'anti-Bush' but I was opposed to going to war with Iraq because I also felt a pre-emptive military invasion sets a pretty hazy precedence and the doctrine that Bush and Co. seem to be following is kind of scary.

I'm also very concerned about the lack of WMD's and I think the administration has a ton of explaining to do, although most Americans don't seem to be too bothered by that. If there's any good thing, barring a complete takeover by Bush and Co. in the very worst case he'll be gone in five and half years. That's a pretty long time, but at least there's an end to his reign down the road.

I question the Patriot Acts that were passed in the name of safety denying people's basic rights, this is the Bush administration deliberately creating a system of control that is difficult to question when it's so cloaked in secrecy. These rights are supposed to be ideals that Americans uphold, but again, most Americans don't seem to care.

But even with all of this, I still think the truth hasn't been adequately shown regarding either side. I don't think a strong enough case has been made against Bush and friends to condemn their actions (as of yet) but at the same time, this administration isn't working very hard to show that their actions are justified. I seriously do hope that Americans rally against the President if it is shown that he has intentionally misled the American public about the reasons for war. If intelligence surfaces showing that Bush knew that there weren't WMD's but he said their were he should be tried as a criminal. But until definitive evidence arises I just don't know what else can be done about the man, except a continual questioning of his actions.

So generally I'm a very concerned American. Concerned about what Bush has done and what's on the table next. I'm concerned about us staying in Iraq for up to four more years. I'm worried about the troops who are in Iraq who are demoralized, tired, scared and getting shot entirely too regularly. I'm concerned that Iraq is a nation that is hopelessly lost to infighting. I'm concerned that the many in the US are actually trying to profit from the invasion and occupation of Iraq. I'm concerned about the massive deficits that are being created through faulty economic policies and very expensive military actions. I don't think the US is in a very good place right now. I am more afraid of my own government than terrorists. This is how I feel as an American. I'm not in the majority, but that's ok.

Read all about ME!

memphis mike

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Shocking!! Reply with quote

Quote:
BTW, its not "dribble", but DRIVEL.

how petty, look it up Debbie, dribble means drivel....:bleh

debbie mannas

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 12:18 am    Post subject: not in the sense you intended it Reply with quote

or did you intend that i drool???

I did look it up. read my post again...

anyway, just yanking your chain! :bleh

Smile now :gl :yeah :w

questionnaire

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 12:31 am    Post subject: Re: Shocking!! Reply with quote

Debbie, you're wasting your time with this lot, you really are. They're so dense that you could melt them down and use them to make airport runways. They simply believe in their way of life, in their own righteousness, superiority and teleology, and nothing you can do or say will change the way they think.

They are attached to their culture at the deepest emotional level, and that sort of attachment is resistant to rational and critical thought. They actually believe that the world's most powerful military machine was activated to save the lives and increase the quality of life of the population of a foreign country, when they can't even do that for their own sprawling underclass. Asking them to oppose or even question their own way of life is like asking a devout Catholic to question the existence of God.

debbie mannas

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 2:10 am    Post subject: too true Reply with quote

Steve, you're right.

MM, how many times have you travelled outside the US?

Rev9Volts

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 2:26 am    Post subject: Re: too true Reply with quote

sorry debbie mm is right dribble is ok. traveling outside of america? not a fair question as america is like the size of europe or more? include also alaska and hawaii. we cover a zillion countries. clost to half the world! we have a north, south, east, and west. plus northeast, southwest, deep south, way up north east, midwest, way out west, northwest, great northwest and a bunch more. plus about everynationality in the world lives in america so we do not have to leave home to visit you!

oh yes we also have the mississippi delta the heart of the world!!!:banana

memphis mike

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 2:40 am    Post subject: Re: Shocking!! Reply with quote

Debbie, you need a new dictionary....and the drooling part, yes, that's why i like the word dribble better...

Questionaire, i'm sure you've read the dictionary. As far as your essays; let's see, you're a college professor? If so, you are required to write or pressured to write and publish so many articles, essays, etc. I know who reads those articles, other professors read them and then you write articles on each other's articles giving your opinion and then you have meetings and seminars and discuss each other's article and your own and then you go back to your office and write more articles for each other to read. BTW, how often do you come to the USA?

Edited by: memphis mike at: 7/18/03 4:36 am
memphis mike

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 2:51 am    Post subject: Re: Shocking!! Reply with quote

Yes , smile you're on candid camera....you're all uptight and I love to yank your chain....it makes for a colorful day...and bless Chris' heart, she let's me come over and play knowing i'm going to stir it up.........:banana

Edited by: memphis mike at: 7/18/03 3:55 am
bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 3:26 am    Post subject: Re: Well Debbie :) Reply with quote

Wow! Great thread!! Ron - I totally understand your posting about bigotry and pre-conceived ideas influencing how we judge what we read and hear. Are you Libran??

Quote:
That is, you'll never hear Europeans (for example) denounce their own leaders/criticize themselves and very typically instead portray whatever their home country as a Utopian garden-of-eden.

I just want to say to this comment, the first time I went to England - I was SHOCKED at how people criticized the Government and Tony Blair and had wide ranging points of view. Coming from a largely non-political place this was a real eye-opener. They criticized Clinton etc. It's not just reserved for US leaders! hahahahaha I thought English people were a nation of whingers for awhile..... hahahaha

Memphis Mike - the 'other country' talk happens on Blah Blah board :banana

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

memphis mike

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 3:33 am    Post subject: Re: too true Reply with quote

I've been out of the USA once, lived with some villagers in Cebu, Phillipines for about a month,,,does that count?

btw, my wife is not from the USA.....

I don't pretend to know much about other countries....I came here to learn and all I hear is outsiders talking as if they know everything about the USA.....

I would like to learn about your countries, but you never talk about them....

Edited by: memphis mike at: 7/18/03 5:10 am
memphis mike

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 3:43 am    Post subject: Re: Well Debbie :) Reply with quote

I've looked there and seen very little of substance...except your protest march..btw, what's going on with that now?

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 7:14 am    Post subject: Re: Well Debbie :) Reply with quote

Well it's more casual on that board - people post photos etc. of their home town. Well regarding the Protest March- it seems it WAS a good thing to do - 2 people have resigned - one of the a truly hated woman who says stupid inflammatory comments and another one who bought an expensive luxury car before raising taxes on buying expensive luxury cars (he said it was an oversight!!! hahahaha)

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

debbie mannas

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 7:36 am    Post subject: Yes, Reply with quote

mophead mary regina ip has quit, brilliant,

and Anthony I-need-a-new-car-leung-but-I'm-either-corrupt-or-incompetent-or-both, quit too.

I quite like belonging to a society that has decided to take no @#%$ from its govt, and enough is enough. It was a long time coming.

Best of all, there'll be more public consultations about article 23 and Tung has considerably softened his stance. He's even able to string two sentences together these days.

:gl

Hey MM, there's some interesting stuff about people's homes, traditions, and some fun posts by various people; you can start a thread of your own asking people to tell you about their countries even.

and now I'd better shut up shut up...

:tongue

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> WARZONE-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: