MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

What do you like to buy using the Internet?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chaz Spaz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: What do you like to buy using the Internet? Reply with quote

Me - CD's

My wife - shoes for her & coats for the kids

My son - vintage video games. I ask him why he wants those obsolete systems and games, he says because they're part of history and he wants to be a game programmer someday. Hmmm....I think he just wants to play video games. :laugh

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: What do you like to buy using the Internet? Reply with quote

Hey Chaz!! Great to see you here!! Your wife buys shoes??? Do they always fit? Your son sounds smart! :laugh

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup | Underground HK |

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: What do you like to buy using the Internet? Reply with quote

Chaz, maybe your son would like this link?

Bud! Oh NO! How did you do that?!?!?

I would never have guessed that you like Tibetan art :wgrin

ilikepie2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: What do you like to buy using the Internet? Reply with quote

it's kind of funny i guess..... i had it plugged into a power strip that is great, heavy duty, protects from surges etc. and for years i've followed a chain of events to turn all my stuff off. but one dday last week i wasn't paying attention and was in a hurry and i snapped off the power strip thing without turning off everything else first. i immediately realized i'd forgotten to turn off the board first.

(((insert here what a clear headed person would do at this point....yes, turn off the board at this point)))

so once i realized that, i of course turned on the power strip again so i could turn off everything.

AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!! stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid mistake.

Bud Bennett

homepage :

stained glass :

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: What do you like to buy using the Internet? Reply with quote

Arrrgggg BUD! I feel for you. That happens to the best of us.... What are you going to do now?

The Master68

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: What do you like to buy using the Internet? Reply with quote

"Was it the same copy?"

Nah, I doubt it. That's an old and rare book, but I bet the one in the lib. got stolen.

--------------

When you argue with a fool, be sure he isn't similarly occupied...

--------------

Music - Organismo Cibernetico (Cybernetic Organism)

ilikepie2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: What do you like to buy using the Internet? Reply with quote

what am i gonna do? try and get it fixed for less than the $200 i can buy another one for at ebay. damn i wish i hadn't done that. oh well, a hard lesson was learned.

Bud Bennett

homepage :

stained glass :

ilikepie2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: What do you like to buy using the Internet? Reply with quote

tibetan buddhist art mostly, but i'm careful to buy from people who have art that is new- meaning not stolen from temples but work that is done by refugees or at the thangka school in kathmandu.

oh, and i screwed up BAD and most likely broke my 24 chanel recording board so i guess i'll be in the market for another one of those. DAMNIT!

Bud Bennett

homepage :

stained glass :

Edited by: ilikepie2  at: 11/23/04 17:26
Steve Iannetti
GweiLo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: What do you like to buy using the Internet? Reply with quote

Mostly CD's, DVD's and Books.

Also, some small electronic stuff like a Palm pilot, Midi cables, memory chips, etc.

Generally, nothing more than a $100.00 except this Dell computer I am typing on, which I did buy on line.

axella

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: What do you like to buy using the Internet? Reply with quote

Addendum:

This week, I ordered a 120w amp and quadbox, and a 31 band stereo graphic equaliser, on-line, from a music dealer in Sydney. My card was debited for $1154 yesterday, so I guess I'll be getting the stuff tomorrow.

When I was a kid, my mother used to order from the Sears catalog a lot. In fact, I ordered my first guitar from them, a Sears Silvertone acoustic, when I was 13.

On-line ordering is a just natural progression from the catalog days for many. Others are paranoid about ordering over the internet because they don't understand security encryption, and fear that their credit card details will get out (they can, anyway, if ANY company which store cc details is hacked, and this is not limited to on-line ordering!). It's not much different to when people used to go through the garbage at major stores, looking for cc carbons.

Chaz Spaz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:31 pm    Post subject: Re: What do you like to buy using the Internet? Reply with quote

Quote:
Hey Chaz!! Great to see you here!! Your wife buys shoes??? Do they always fit? Your son sounds smart!

Thanks Chris! The shoes don't always fit and I get stuck bringing them to the store to mail them back. :ohno

My son is a straight A student, he does very well in school. Thanks for the link, we saw that history of video games on PBS a while back.

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:59 am    Post subject: Re: What do you like to buy using the Internet? Reply with quote

LOL Chaz! hahahaha Your wife sounds like a smart lady! And you must be so proud of your son! Well done! I'm sure you'll continue to nurture his enthusiasm for learning.

The Master68

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: What do you like to buy using the Internet? Reply with quote

SHIT!

I forgot to bid on the Batman book... It's also "From the 30's to the 70's"..

And it was the only one on ebay..

--------------

When you argue with a fool, be sure he isn't similarly occupied...

--------------

Music - Organismo Cibernetico (Cybernetic Organism)

Rabuck

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 7:38 am    Post subject: Re: What do you like to buy using the Internet? Reply with quote

Karen and I get lots of stuff online

We bought her wedding dress on Ebay.

Ebay comes in pretty handy for like when we found out they stopped carrying the brand of bags for our vacuum cleaner at the store where it came from...well they got em on Ebay. :b

I bought a mic from musiciansfriend.com

I like to go there and fill my cart with expensive guitars....then I can go back and look at them and sigh.

Indie C.D.s from here and there.

Lately I have been buying a lot of 3d models and props and textures for Poser...it can become an expensive hobby if you are not careful....(yes, I am a geek) :larree

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: What do you like to buy using the Internet? Reply with quote

Who's Poser?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: