MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

TV stations canceling 'Ryan' telecast
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> News / Politics / WAR-Zone
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DreamTone7

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: TV stations canceling 'Ryan' telecast Reply with quote

I have been in operations similar to "Saving Private Ryan"...though obviously not in that time frame. My point is that this particular movie is one of the most realistic I have ever seen as far as conditions and state of mind of the average US military soldier is concerned. To call it "propaganda" is at best, laughable...at worst...not repeatable on this board by me. At any rate, Galmin, you're truly "out to lunch" on this one.

Melody and Instruments for the soul...

antman37

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:08 pm    Post subject: Re: TV stations canceling 'Ryan' telecast Reply with quote

dear mr dreamtone im sorry to hear you had to fight other people on behalf of your government which to me seems most corrupt and full of those individuals who avoid such sacrifices of their bodies and wallow in riches and easy lives of swimming and golf like the evil mr charles taylor of liberia who was taking big bribes from the corporations to cause trouble and destabilise everywhere in west africa and the other the corrupt leaders of africa and south america etc who also take their bribes

im african and not an expert on these matters but surely sir such a big attack as d-day in normandy has never been repeated since by the american soldiers even in korea and vietnam so if i could be so bold as to ask would you kindly tell me where you have been under such intense fire in such a big landing of soldiers?

and also could you tell me why mr speilberg and his big film company did not show other nationalities both white and black thus making it look like the americans liberated europe with single hands which is surely a lie that gets in everyone elses noses

DreamTone7

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:58 pm    Post subject: Re: TV stations canceling 'Ryan' telecast Reply with quote

The answer to your question, antman, can be seen in the title to the movie..."Saving Private Ryan". This is obviously intended to be a movie with a relatively small scope of focus...don't you think? Any other extrapolations are more an indicator of the mind that is making them, rather than that of any of the the film-makers.

I don't see any white folks getting upset as to the lack of white people portrayed in all-black movies...so what's your problem?

Melody and Instruments for the soul...

antman37

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: TV stations canceling 'Ryan' telecast Reply with quote

"This is obviously intended to be a movie with a relatively small scope of focus"

yes sir i understand this but if i may be so bold as to analyze this for you for your own edification sir at my university i learn in my studies of english crticism that the focus on selected parts of the whole and the broadcasting of these focused parts over and over again many many times is called the metonym and this is the normal way of making the less educated believe what is wanted sir because they believe the whole is just an aggregate of these parts its a bit like making a photofit picture as your police officers do sir to alert the public to the faces of criminals but of course the filmmakers just construct the face they want out of the bits they want

im sorry if that is confusing sir but im currently working at the limit of my english but im improving all the time

Edited by: antman37 at: 11/15/04 22:31
Galmin
The King has spoken!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:21 am    Post subject: Re: TV stations canceling 'Ryan' telecast Reply with quote

Quote:
I have been in operations similar to "Saving Private Ryan"...though obviously not in that time frame. My point is that this particular movie is one of the most realistic I have ever seen as far as conditions and state of mind of the average US military soldier is concerned.

I agree. I enjoyed 'Private Ryan' very much for the very reasons you describe.

Quote:
To call it "propaganda" is at best, laughable...at worst...not repeatable on this board by me. At any rate, Galmin, you're truly "out to lunch" on this one

I agree that calling it propaganda is completely wrong. Now, if you tell me where I did that I will apologize.

Until then I await your apology for mistaking me for someone else, Dreamtone7. How's that lunch of yours?

(I am amused by your build up for this, actually I was awaiting a: well, did you see the movie? The profanity in the movie clearly disqualify it to be aired on any TV station ever!)

DreamTone7

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:57 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

Sorry Galmin...it was antman and not you that made the "propaganda" comment. I do agree that I wouldn't want kids seeing it...and for more reasons than just the language.

Galmin
The King has spoken!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

Apology accepted :)

That scene where a 20mm cuts up some of the men in slices isn't something I would like kids to see either.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> News / Politics / WAR-Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: