MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Looks like the U.S. Army...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> WARZONE-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 4:59 am    Post subject: Looks like the U.S. Army... Reply with quote

....and American citizens aren't the only "uncivilized, barbaric" group of people running around the planet...it happens here, it happens EVERYWHERE...

Quote:

A whole German school class accused of torturing a fellow-student goes on trial Tuesday. The students, aged 16 to 18, are accused of torturing a classmate over months and filming themselves doing so.

The incidents came to light earlier this year when the 18-year-old victim, known only by his first name, Dieter, confided in a school psychologist. He was allegedly beaten, stripped and humiliated about twice a week for around two months. Each time different groups of fellow students would join in, and on several occasions, one of them captured the torture with a digital camera.

Only a couple of weeks after he joined the Werner-von-Siemens vocational school in the town of Hildesheim near Hanover for a one-year course, he was taken to a storeroom, beaten, forced to take his clothes off, to eat chalk and cigarette filters. Sometimes he was forced to cover his head with a bucket.

As time went on, the incidents became more frequent; the prosecutor says by the end he was being maltreated almost daily. He had bruises and cuts on his face and body and began to suffer from psychological problems.

This is the third case of serious maltreatment of school students to come to light in the last few months in which the participants have filmed their actions.

www.dw-world.de/english/0..._A,00.html

Shame.

The World is going down the toilet....fast.... :ohno :dunno

Edited by: Seismic Anamoly  at: 5/26/04 6:00
MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: Looks like the U.S. Army... Reply with quote

You can't compare apples and oranges.

We are talking here about 16 to 18 year old boys,

11 in total, who were abusing a classmate last year.

I don't see the greater meaning in the context of the U.S. army.

DreamTone7

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 11:12 am    Post subject: re Reply with quote

Boys have a way of growing up and becomming men. In 35 or so years, they'll be running the country. I'm so glad I'll be dead soon after that.

HKRockChick
No More Peas!

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 11:16 am    Post subject: school violence... Reply with quote

it seems its growing everywhere. Same thing happened in HK, school kids bullied and beat this boy and someone filmed it. its all being investigated.

I think the US still has the highest record of school killings and deaths. Bowling for Columbine highlights this.

What about that little kid in the UK who was tortured by these two teenage boys? that was gruesome.

Growing up, I never saw any violence in school, oh we had our small verbal tiffs, but never any physical violence or even close to it. The idea that kids can maim and kill each other is very disturbing.

I think they should X-rate all violence on TV. Honestly I do. It desensitizes people to human suffering. :ohno

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: school violence... Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't see the greater meaning in the context of the U.S. army.

Well, of course not; not in this Forum!

America=GUILTY; Rest Of World=Innocent As The Driven Snow Victims of American Exploitation/Corruption.... :aua

Good points, Debbie....Video games are a major contributor, too.....here, anyway.

HKRockChick
No More Peas!

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 11:40 am    Post subject: the psyche of a bully Reply with quote

DT, you are right, its scary. All these cruel grown up and getting into power.

Bullies prey on the weak to make themselves feel good, and they try to shut people up by intimidation and threats. They dont ever have rationale arguments for anything, but counter by misdirection, obfuscation and crap logic. The unfortunate thing is the bullies grow up to be bullies and take their behaviour into the workplace. Bullies can ruin lives. I believe people should have zero tolerance for childhood bullies. I think because of the lack of discipline these days and the influence of violence and the movies that seem to say bullying is natural, this phenomenon is growing by the day.

This subject makes me angry. I now have zero tolerance for bullies, and act quickly to investigate when I hear of it at work.

There are online bullies too. Stalkers and people who try to intimidate you by threats if they dont agree with your point of view but cannot counter it any other way.

Bullying is such a widespread phenomena these days that there are dozens of very good websites on this subject. I think everyone should be reading these and trying to identify patterns of behaviour, including their own.

This is a particularly good website.

www.bullyonline.org/workbully/

Are you being bullied? Are you a bully? read this:

www.bullyonline.org/workb...ibeing.htm

DreamTone7

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 12:26 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

Yeah, it's a tangent...but is relevant in the grand scheme of things. Interestingly, it is the same way with gangs. Usually there is just one or a few that suggest doing something bad...and the rest are just followers. Pretty soon though, they're all acting like animals. Like I said, I'd rather not be here to see when these future "animals" are running the world.

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

Quote:
I think it's a joke to bring this schoolboy thingy up here.

Just keeping with the tradition of this Forum, my brutha... :laugh

Won't be bringing anymore "jokes" up, though...time to put away childish wastes of time and move on.

School's out after today, off for 2 months...

Time to Par-Tay.... :yeah

Ta!

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: the psyche of a bully Reply with quote

I think it's a joke to bring this schoolboy thingy up here.

I am German and I did follow the whole case in the news since last year... it came up yesterday again because the trial started at court:

11 boys forced another boy of their class to kiss them daily their shoes, eat chalk and cigarettes and finally to shower with clothes on.

No sexual assault, no killing, no hard beating up.

The gross thing was that 3 actually had the "idea" and acted as the bullies, while the other 8 were rather forced to keep their mouts shut, and did film their "spectacle" and put the clips on the Internet.

I don't see where that compares to the USA, the U.S. army in particular.

Edited by: MIKE BURN  at: 5/26/04 14:06
questionnaire

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 11:57 am    Post subject: more precise ... Reply with quote

"America=GUILTY; Rest Of World=Innocent As The Driven Snow Victims of American Exploitation/Corruption...."

You're setting up a straw man again, old chap. Very crude. No-one is suggesting that, but if you want a more precise over-simplified soundbite here's one:

American Superpower = Superguilty

Rest of World = a complex mixture of guilt, complicity and innocence.

Try to get things right, old fruit, it just takes that little more thought and care, y'know.

Now off you go to play on your motor-bike, there's a good chap.

:racing

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 9:30 pm    Post subject: Even MORE precise ... Reply with quote

Quote:
Now off you go to play...

Oh....we're gonna play alright...."Cowboys and Englishmen".

Have us one hell of a welcoming party around November. :thumb

And be sure and bring that Dictionary of yours so you can teach all those good "liberal" rednecks in Tennessee the error of their right-wing Neanderthal ways....if you're able.

Can you say...."Tar and Feathers"?? :aua

Ya'll come now, ya hear?? :kiss

:racing

NRKofOver

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 11:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Even MORE precise ... Reply with quote

I think that the relevance of this behavior exists in a global perspective although I don't see a strong connection between US military action and schoolyard bullying either.

This is a worldwide problem, where kids believe they have the right to treat others less than humanely. It has to be some kind of internal psychosis and in comparison to the structured design of the military I think it's clear they aren't very connected.

I think that bullying (and I can only speak of my experience as a US student) is one of the worst elements of our schools. It is not some kind of rite of passage that builds boys into men, it only builds unconfident boys into killers, into angry, bitter, hateful young men.

I've always been an advocate for immediate suspension of any kid who deliberately demeans, physically harms, or humilates another classmate. In my adult life it's unheard of. If you behave the way schoolboys do in a job situation, you'll generally lose your job, immediately. You don't call co-workers fat, or a geek, or faggot. You don't make them eat cigarrete butts for fun. In theory, education is supposed to teach kids how to integrate and function (hopefully better that previous generations) in the real world. On this tip, I'm guessing most of the world is falling quite a bit short.

My music for the disenchanted masses

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> WARZONE-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: